Moto X - Shipping issues.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Half the time I think I'm chatting with a computer. Can't tell for sure if it really is a human. Their answers are complete que carded.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

inkmantpa

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I ordered a Skip on 9/3. The product page said ships in 1-2 days. So I expected it would ship by the 6th at the latest. Contacted via chat and was told it would be 4-5 business days from when I ordered to when it was received. I gave it until the 10th. Still hadn't shipped. I called support on the 10th, 5 business days from when I ordered and was told they had no information when it would ship. Asked to speak to a supervisor who said it was waiting for FedEx to pick it up (seems they use that line a lot) was told he'd escalate to shipping department and make sure it went out right away. He also said he was sending me a $50 Google Play Gift card for my trouble. Then late on the 11th, I got an email saying that due to demand, the item would be shipping in 7-10 business days. I'm doubtful that will happen and I'm doubtful he'll make sure that I get the $50 Google Play Card he offered to appease me.

Here's the thing. A company that is as big and has been around as long as Motorola should be able to integrate their inventory with their online store. Shipping estimates should change automatically based on inventory. When the site says ships in 1-2 days, they should know they can meet that commitment. If they don't meet that commitment, they should proactively notify the customer that there will be a delay, not give them two different answers on the two times they are contacted. This is not rocket science. Amazon does it hundreds of thousands of times a day. Plenty of other companies do also. I'm just glad in my case it's a Skip and not a phone like a lot of other people.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
As of 10:30am it is now showing as shipped. I have a tracking number and it is scheduled to arrive Monday the 16th by 8pm. At least it finally shipped..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
So basically I have a business and I have something in stock. I offer "2 day shipping" but it doesn't start till I get off my lazy *** and drop it off at the post office 10 days later. O well, that's when I shipped it, you'll get it in two days from then. 12 days later. That's my 2 days shipping. That's not how it works! Lol.

Actually, that's exactly how it works. That's why companies advertise "same day shipping" or state that an item will ship within 3-5 business days after ordering.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Actually, that's exactly how it works. That's why companies advertise "same day shipping" or state that an item will ship within 3-5 business days after ordering.

No, that is not how it works. If you order from Amazon, with 2-day shipping, you will have the item in 2 days.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
No, that is not how it works. If you order from Amazon, with 2-day shipping, you will have the item in 2 days.

Assuming that you order by a certain time, yes. The difference is that Amazon is rushing the, "handling time" to get it to 2-3 business days in total. That's very different than someone else saying, "typically ships in 1-2 business days" several screens before you select your shipment options.

Two companies are handling the parcel and they're quoting their times separately. Amazon is using their weight as a massive shipper to quote, "get it by" times.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

When the item is in stock and you order by a certain time, yes. That's why the green "In Stock" appears below the price. Other companies give similar stock indicators or shipping indicators, such as Google's "Ships by [date]."

For instance, you can order an item with two-day shipping, but if it isn't in stock or is within the company's window for handling the product, you won't get it within two days. Two-day shipping means it will take two days from the time it is actually shipped.

That's very different than someone else saying, "typically ships in 1-2 business days" several screens before you select your shipment options.

This. Either people don't pay attention when they order or they have reading comprehension problems. Considering all the people who misinterpret things like Google's "Ships by [date]" to mean that it ships on that date or the number of people who apparently ignore other handling indicators, I'm betting on the latter.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
When the item is in stock and you order by a certain time, yes. That's why the green "In Stock" appears below the price. Other companies give similar stock indicators or shipping indicators, such as Google's "Ships by [date]."

For instance, you can order an item with two-day shipping, but if it isn't in stock or is within the company's window for handling the product, you won't get it within two days. Two-day shipping means it will take two days from the time it is actually shipped.

This. Either people don't pay attention when they order or they have reading comprehension problems. Considering all the people who misinterpret things like Google's "Ships by [date]" to mean that it ships on that date or the number of people who apparently ignore other handling indicators, I'm betting on the latter.

You are not understanding what is going on....... The web page says "IN STOCK - 2 DAY SHIPPING" It does not say "IN STOCK - SHIPS IN 2 DAYS" or IN STOCK - SHIPS BY (date)"

This not a custom moto maker phone. I would believe that you need time to make this because it would be a special order. But when in states in stock - 2 days shipping that is what it should be. Not in stock... but we gave it to fedex 3 days later to ship.

mount.zed

May 31, 2013
Visit site
seriously ??? this is such a big issue? S##t happens, it got to you later than it should have. If you got to have it like , right now, go to a store and pick it up.

You are not understanding what is going on....... The web page says "IN STOCK - 2 DAY SHIPPING" It does not say "IN STOCK - SHIPS IN 2 DAYS" or IN STOCK - SHIPS BY (date)"

This not a custom moto maker phone. I would believe that you need time to make this because it would be a special order. But when in states in stock - 2 days shipping that is what it should be. Not in stock... but we gave it to fedex 3 days later to ship.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

If it said "IN STOCK - 2 DAY SHIPPING", then you should have received it in 2 days, unless a weekend was involved. But 9/9 was on a Monday, so it should have arrived on 9/11, unless it was ordered late on 9/9, then by 9/12. Moto is just screwing up on some shipping.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
seriously ??? this is such a big issue? S##t happens, it got to you later than it should have. If you got to have it like , right now, go to a store and pick it up.

Really. Another one that needs to chime in. I can't get it at the store, I had to but it from Motorola direct. The situation is not the needing it part. Its the fact they state something and later can't fulfill it. Then u ask a question and they give you no answer cause they have no clue why.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk 2

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
But moto's own reps quoted 7 business days handling. That'd mean anything within 14 calendar days is within their expected acceptable range. 7+2+1 (exchange)=10 business days=14 days.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

It's a big issue if he was looking for it in 2 days. There have been several reports of screwed-up shipping by Moto.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Then they should post "up to seven days handling time, and 2-day shipping when shipped".

I agree. I think most people assume it's 2 day shipping from when it ships, but I'd prefer, "expected delivery date" next to it.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the Dev edition on Wednesday and still waiting for it to either get a tracking number or something. I am half tempted to save 100 dollars and just go pick it up at VZW. Is the dev edition on verizon worth the extra money? Doesn't it come with same bloatware?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay