Or should I just get used to 16GB on board now?

Have a Razr Maxx HD, has 32GB on board, and I only use about 9GB of it, so in theory I could do ok with 16GB, but having a lot of storage is like a nice big warm safety blankie...

How long do you all think the AT&T exclusivity on 32GB will last?
    09-12-2013 01:02 AM
    Or should I just get used to 16GB on board now?

Have a Razr Maxx HD, has 32GB on board, and I only use about 9GB of it, so in theory I could do ok with 16GB, but having a lot of storage is like a nice big warm safety blankie...

How long do you all think the AT&T exclusivity on 32GB will last?
    16GB gets about 11GB usable. If you're using 9 that's not leaving you much room. That being said, I just dropped from a 32GB device to the 16GB version of the Moto X and still have plenty of room (9.5GB) available.
    09-12-2013 01:07 AM
    The way I see it, that 32GB might never make it to other carriers... Look at the HTC One 64GB..
    09-12-2013 01:12 AM
    16GB gets about 11GB usable. If you're using 9 that's not leaving you much room. That being said, I just dropped from a 32GB device to the 16GB version of the Moto X and still have plenty of room (9.5GB) available.
    I never use up any space. 16 is plenty for me. However I supported a sweet project on kick starter. Its a microUSB SD card reader and it works on MotoX. Already got a 64gig card on deck. The device connects to your keychain

Posted via Android Central App
    09-12-2013 01:14 AM
    The way I see it, that 32GB might never make it to other carriers... Look at the HTC One 64GB..
    Yeah.. well thats a different type of exclusivity, like a color. 32GB is with Moto Maker and promised that all of it will make it too other carriers.

As for worth waiting, thats really up to you and how you use your storage. Keep files in G. Drive (pin what you need), Music in Play music with favorites pinned, clean up once in a while, and you'll be fine. Sadly I think companies are pushing so much towards the cloud, we'll only be getting storage for the os and apps, lol.
    09-12-2013 03:08 AM
    I'm in the exact same position. I really want to get this phone and would love the 32 gig version and to customize it. Like you said, it's nice to have the comfort of the extra space if needed. Unfortunately I'm currently with Verizon. Is it worthwhile to switch to att to have the option to do both? I've almost walked into Verizon everyday this week and picked up the X but I just can't pull the trigger.

Does anyone have any idea when other carriers (specifically Verizon) will be getting Moto maker and the 32 gb version? My guess is that Motorola is trying to dial in the production process before releasing it to the masses. If that's true... We could be waiting until the new year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app
    09-12-2013 09:29 AM
    I pulled the trigger on the black 16gb(I'm on vzw) and I'm cool with it. I would like more storage and moto maker but with play music, drive and a case I'm cool with it now it is

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 2
    09-12-2013 11:02 AM
    I was holding out, but just had the last straw with my GNex. And once I cleared up the roms and really old pics, I was really only using about 5gb, everything else was in cloud storage for ease of sharing anyways. So I bit the bullet and got the 16gb VZW version. After setting up all my apps, I still have about 10GB left.
    09-12-2013 11:22 AM
    Whether or not the 32gig comes to verizon will be the biggest determining fact as to whether or not i get it. If it had an SD slot it would be different, but it doesnt and i am not going to commit to a phone for possibly 2 years risk being screwed on storage.
    09-12-2013 11:39 AM
    I am in the same situation. I am currently in a Razr Maxx that is slow as crap. I bought a Moto X from Verizon to test as I plan to take it back before the 14 days is up and pay the $35 restock fee. I was concerned about battery life...coming from the Maxx to a X, but the battery life has been very solid. I am sold. I just think I do want the 32 GB version...I would like the option to use motomaker, but that is not a deal breaker.

Does anyone know definitively when AT&T's exclusivity runs out? You would think that would be when Verizon would make that available to their customers.
    09-12-2013 03:14 PM
    09-12-2013 03:52 PM
    Pulled the trigger! Got the 16GB version for Verizon. The extra 50GB of Google Drive storage will help if I need it, but right now I still have about 6GB left on board.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4
    09-16-2013 01:11 AM
    I am so proud of my self for waiting....It has been difficult but I am hoping that it comes out with the Dev edition this week. Heck hopefully today!!!
    rayden8 likes this.
    09-16-2013 09:58 AM
    I am so proud of my self for waiting....It has been difficult but I am hoping that it comes out with the Dev edition this week. Heck hopefully today!!!
    I've been waiting patiently as well, as I'm looking to upgrade my Gnex on Verizon to a Dev Edition. Have I missed any indications that the DE will be released this week? This is exciting news if it is. I was going to wait even longer the a Nexus on Verizon, but that doesn't sound likely, so the Moto X DE is my top choice
    09-16-2013 11:09 AM
    I was going to wait for the Verizon DE but it's looking like it's going to be a long wait. My guess is that Verizon get's Moto maker first before the holidays and then they quietly release the DE.
    I've been waiting patiently as well, as I'm looking to upgrade my Gnex on Verizon to a Dev Edition. Have I missed any indications that the DE will be released this week? This is exciting news if it is. I was going to wait even longer the a Nexus on Verizon, but that doesn't sound likely, so the Moto X DE is my top choice
    rayden8 likes this.
    09-16-2013 11:13 AM
    I was going to wait for the Verizon DE but it's looking like it's going to be a long wait. My guess is that Verizon get's Moto maker first before the holidays and then they quietly release the DE.
    If the Dev edition is not dropped soon, I will end up jusu buying the 16GB version from VZW. I really do not want to buy anything from VZW
    09-16-2013 02:24 PM
    i'd wait. I put a tiny bit of music on mine and Im already getting ready to micromanage, I dont have too far to go before I hit half my usuable. If you like to put even a couple dozen cds on your phone, wait.

oops, nev mind, , i see you purchased.
    09-16-2013 03:48 PM
    Can always buy the 16 and sell it if/when a 32GB is released.

Nexus. Through spacetime.
    Johnly likes this.
    09-16-2013 04:26 PM