ok...first let me say I love my moto x.

but the past couple days while in the car after I dial a phone number the screen goes blank. The call is still going on but I can't get the screen back to end the call. The person I was calling wasn't there so it rang so many times the phone company disconnected me because I couldn't hang up myself. Then today, I was at my desk and get an email. I touched my phone to do that preview thing...and it did the same thing...not matter how many times it touched it the screen was gone. Now it's back......suggestions?
    09-12-2013 09:25 AM
    Could this be part of the Smart Actions function not allowing texting while driving?
    09-12-2013 09:31 AM

but the past couple days while in the car after I dial a phone number the screen goes blank. The call is still going on but I can't get the screen back to end the call. The person I was calling wasn't there so it rang so many times the phone company disconnected me because I couldn't hang up myself. Then today, I was at my desk and get an email. I touched my phone to do that preview thing...and it did the same thing...not matter how many times it touched it the screen was gone. Now it's back......suggestions?
    Do you have screen protector or case blocking the proximity sensor? Sensor is located near the ear piece area .. remove them and check if the issue is gone

Posted via Android Central App
    09-12-2013 09:39 AM

I had the same issue for the first couple of days and it was driving me crazy. I'm pretty sure was because I had the original screen protector on that came with the phone. Do you have your still on?

09-12-2013 10:14 AM
    I was having the same problem until I realized that just a tiny piece of my case was covering the sensor. I removed a small notch from the case and it has worked perfectly since.

09-12-2013 10:20 AM
    I was having the same problem until I realized that just a tiny piece of my case was covering the sensor. I removed a small notch from the case and it has worked perfectly since.

Where is the senor? want to make sure this doesn't happen for me. : ) nev mind, now i see it.
    09-12-2013 10:25 AM
    ok...I removed the cover....will keep you posted if the issue recurrs
    09-12-2013 10:35 AM
    ohhhhhh thanks! I was having the same problem, regards!
    10-22-2013 04:56 PM