Moto X vs 7 iPhones: And the winner is....

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
My team conducted an outing yesterday that culminated in a scavenger hunt across the city. We were required to decipher the hints, figure out where to go and how to get there and perform all the tasks and get to the finishing location to win. We were broken into two teams. Most of my team have iPhones issued by the company (two have personal iPhones, five have company iPhones). And I had my Moto X. We were split into two teams and sent off on the hunt.

I can only imagine how the other team managed, but in my team, everyone was trying to do web searches of, and mapping to, the destinations. In our car, I noticed not one of them used Siri a single time. Me? I flamboyantly said, "OK, Google Now" and asked it for criteria contained in the clues we had. Each time, I got responses back faster than any of my team mates got from their search attempts. Each time, my responses were correct, and typically more direct and not just a web search response. In fact, one of our clues could have resulted in two destinations that had the same name. Google Now and the Moto X delivered the correct destination, and delivered it before the others got their responses that was so general that it was implying the other location first. My team trusted me and we got to the right place. The other team went so far out of their way to the wrong location, they wound up losing 20 minutes on us!

As we sat at the final destination, a restaurant/bar, we sipped on some victory adult beverages and every single one of my team complimented my phone and it's ability to listen to me, provide me an answer, give me one-touch access to driving directions and be so quick about it. They all complimented how great the X was. And when they say the other cool tricks, they were equally complimentary. And since most of them hadn't had experience with an Android, I made sure to show off the widgets and all the other fun that Android has to offer.

Needless to say, the X, and Google Now, SMOKED the other seven. And one guy on the other team got so caught up with his company iPhone (he had his personal Razr on him, too), that his iPhone was the one that delivered the pivotal mistake that sent their team to the wrong location.

Win one....or is that seven....for the Moto X!

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah, I forgot about this little tidbit. Both nights I was there, by the time we finished with our meetings and team activities and headed for dinner, every one of them went searching for wall outlets to plug in and juice up. That included both iPhone 5 models. Me? I was rocking about 55% the first day and about 40% the second day, both days with heavy use prior to that point in the day. Talk about icing on the cake!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463