Bug? Moto X not finding contact but seems to have found it... (please read)

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
So when I say "OK Google Now" "send text to my wife's name" Google Now comes back and says "contact not found" ..... as if the contact doesn't exist.

But the funny part is that is SPELLED HER NAME CORRECTLY (she has an unusual spelling of her first name) when it told me that there was no contact for her.

FYI -- a while back (pre-Moto X) I added a phonetic spelling of her name to her contact so that I could more easily use Google Now.

Any ideas, tips or tricks? Yes -- her contact does exist.

Thanks...

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
So when I say "OK Google Now" "send text to my wife's name" Google Now comes back and says "contact not found" ..... as if the contact doesn't exist.

But the funny part is that is SPELLED HER NAME CORRECTLY (she has an unusual spelling of her first name) when it told me that there was no contact for her.

FYI -- a while back (pre-Moto X) I added a phonetic spelling of her name to her contact so that I could more easily use Google Now.

Any ideas, tips or tricks? Yes -- her contact does exist.

Thanks...

Same here. i ask it to search for someone's name that's there and it brings up the most random people and refusing to find the name. lol.

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Rename as codename. I use sweetheart, wife, sweetie, and etc...

I actually tried changing her phonetic name to "my wife" as in "send text to my wife" ... it brought up lots of other contacts but not hers.

Do you put the codename as the contact name, the phonetic name or both?

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Is she listed as 'wifey' as her name, phonetic name or both?

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995