Does anyone here get, how to describe, 2 white lines of frames on either side when they wake their screen? It only happens for a second, but i can grab one of the screens, drag in over and it turns into the camera. or i can grab the screen showing from the left and it turns into an add a widget screen.

also now when i slide unlock the phone, it's not smooth, it's like a double tap almost, or a stop start or something, but sometimes no noise and no vibration at all. ??

And no idea how to do a hard reset and no idea how to do a factor reset, if i *have* to do a factory reset how do i keep the stuff i already have on my phone, a program like Helium? I could live with only keeping the contacts, so would https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...up.smscontacts be the way to go? although google probably already has my contacts saved somewhere anyway.
    09-14-2013 12:01 AM
    Does anyone here get, how to describe, 2 white lines of frames on either side when they wake their screen? It only happens for a second, but i can grab one of the screens, drag in over and it turns into the camera. or i can grab the screen showing from the left and it turns into an add a widget screen.
    Those aren't glitches. Those are features that were added to a recent version of Android. They provide lockscreen widgets and quick access to the camera because you don't have to unlock the device.
    Paisley likes this.
    09-14-2013 12:07 AM
    Those aren't glitches. Those are features that were added to a recent version of Android. They provide lockscreen widgets and quick access to the camera because you don't have to unlock the device.
    lol. thanks.
    09-14-2013 12:09 AM
    Wait, when did lovely feature roll around? i'm only experiencing it today and maybe yesterday, a little annoying. It's making my screen look like its flickering heavily when i unlock it. not nice. Can i get rid of it with a launcher?
    09-14-2013 01:19 AM
    Lockscreen widgets and swipe to camera from the lockscreen were added to Android 4.2, which was released last November.

No, I don't think you can get rid of those with a launcher, but I've also never tried. I don't experience any weird flickering.
    09-14-2013 01:41 AM
    Lockscreen widgets and swipe to camera from the lockscreen were added to Android 4.2, which was released last November.

No, I don't think you can get rid of those with a launcher, but I've also never tried. I don't experience any weird flickering.
    woot! gone:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...keyguard&hl=en

(mine went wild, you woulda totally noticed it on mine. it was way too much)

It's still def. different than it was a few days ago. The unlock buzz is more intense. And i didn't even notice those squares before at all. But at least the squares are gone now. the haptic though is definitely different.

[back to edit: gone..sorta, lol. whatever)
    09-14-2013 01:44 AM
    woot! gone:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...keyguard&hl=en

(mine went wild, you woulda totally noticed it on mine. it was way too much)

It's still def. different than it was a few days ago. The unlock buzz is more intense. And i didn't even notice those squares before at all. But at least the squares are gone now. the haptic though is definitely different.
    Ah... I know this is off-topic, but congrats on getting your moto x(from previous posts you sounded eager to get the phone) however, what do you think of the phone now? I am loving this phone more and more. By the way, I clean my phone with alc/soap solution each day and my back is fine. I got a custom navy blue, white, and silver accents

Posted via Android Central App
    09-14-2013 02:08 AM
    I got a motto x today as well.. The lines on the side of the screen were clearly visible in all the previews and reviews of the phone. They annoyed me at first but I got used to it and actually think it's pretty cool

09-14-2013 02:17 AM
    Ah... I know this is off-topic, but congrats on getting your moto x(from previous posts you sounded eager to get the phone) however, what do you think of the phone now? I am loving this phone more and more. By the way, I clean my phone with alc/soap solution each day and my back is fine. I got a custom navy blue, white, and silver accents

i too love it, thank you. at first it was indeed a relief just to get the phone, lol, but i still can't get over how awesome active notifications are. it's funny that such a small thing makes such a big difference. btwn that and just not having to wake the phone to see the clock, whole dif ball-game. and that twisty cam, so great. Super happy. Still conflicted on white v black. and i'm praying i don't get the voice cut-off thing, although i don't yet know cuz everyone i've talked to are either people who only like to hear themselves speak or someone using speaker phone in a car who can't hear s--t anyway, so no feedback on it yet.

Lucky duck with your custom phone. cute combo.
    09-14-2013 02:45 AM
    Lockscreen widgets are fun but kind of pointless. I have found I like the default clock the best anyway as it delivers the info in needing at a glance.

I do use a flashlight widget though very handy

Sent from my XT1060
    09-14-2013 07:09 AM