09-16-2013 12:55 PM
95 1234
tools
    Dude you are clueless if that's what you believe but I read you insulting and very uneducated posts everyday so....
    Oh please. And you calling me clueless and saying I'm uneducated is the epitome of class and intelligence?

Get off your high horse. If you were really any better than me, than you wouldn't be saying anything at all.
    Pollster likes this.
    09-14-2013 05:57 PM
    For many millions of people it would actually be easier to replace or fix a non-Apple phone than an iPhone... Because thegrants82's argument only is applicable if you have an Apple store in your vacinity and are able to get to the store whenever you're actually able to make an appointment.
    Yes. But let's not let facts get in the way here.
    09-14-2013 05:59 PM
    I'd return it for vibration motor. My first one that had a bad speaker was that way. The replacement is like a normal phones vibration

Posted via Android Central App
    It's not worth it to me. I went in to the AT&T store and compared it with the demo model and a couple others that they had on hand, all had identical vibration to mine. Couple that with the fact that there are a ton of people that have complained about it on all the forums I'm on and it tells me that quiet vibration is the exception and not the rule with the Moto X. The likelihood of getting a quiet one is very slim. Considering it's my only gripe, I can live with it. Once Moto updates active notifications to allow us to turn off the haptic feedback, it will be a non issue for me.
    Aquila likes this.
    09-14-2013 06:23 PM
    And I'm saying it's really not much different than exchanging another defective phone of a different brand. I will agree that Apple is easier--for uneducated people who don't know what they're doing. But it's pretty much the same for people who know what they're doing. That's the way everything is with Apple.

I have to agree with thegrants82. It's really easy to get the device switched out at the Apple store. They tend to always have them in-stock. I've had problems in the past with Verizon not having my phone in stock and then they have to ship the refurb to you which takes 2-3 days. One time I found myself using an old phone with a prepaid tmobile sim for a few days because of this. It was not an optimal warranty exchange process.

Apple also is pretty quick to sell you a replacement for a small fee if the phone is out of warranty. The same can't be said for most other manufacturers. And if you go to Verizon they want you to pay retail, which ridiculous given that it's possible to activate a new line, quickly cancel it and pay the termination fee and still come out cheaper than paying full retail.
    Alik Malix likes this.
    09-14-2013 06:52 PM
    The x doesn't have many problems compared to others.

HTC ONE-gaps in screen, rattling speakers,dead pixels

GS4-massive lag issues, many reports of screens cracking in pockets due to how flimsy the device is.

All electronics have problems when being massed produced, the x is a keeper.

Sent from my Moto X
    09-14-2013 07:02 PM
    Apple also is pretty quick to sell you a replacement for a small fee if the phone is out of warranty.
    How? My ex-girlfriend's home button on her iPhone 4S died on her about a month out of warranty and they wanted her to pay full retail for a replacement.
    Pollster likes this.
    09-14-2013 07:03 PM
    How? My ex-girlfriend's home button on her iPhone 4S died on her about a month out of warranty and they wanted her to pay full retail for a replacement.
    See question "My iPhone is not eligible for warranty service. What are my service options?"

Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

It requires calling Apple support or going to an Apple store.
    09-14-2013 07:22 PM
    Expect an ota update soon mostly in couple of weeks resolving most of the issues ..moto has already confirmed ota update coming soon improving camera and fixing assist bugs ...I'm sure they will be call quality improvements too ..

09-14-2013 07:30 PM
    I used to think my not having problems with smartphones was just luck of the draw, but I have since come to the conclusion that some people shouldn't own smartphones! And when it comes to forums, you can't trust that everyone is being truthful, especially since Samsung pays people to trash the competition!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4
    Alik Malix likes this.
    09-14-2013 07:32 PM
    See question "My iPhone is not eligible for warranty service. What are my service options?"

Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

It requires calling Apple support or going to an Apple store.
    Interesting. The person at the genius bar never even mentioned that option.

Still, that's not exactly a "small fee". Agree that it's better than paying full retail of course but I'd probably rather use a backup or throwaway phone in the meantime and just wait for my new upgrade.
    09-14-2013 07:51 PM
    Interesting. The person at the genius bar never even mentioned that option.

Still, that's not exactly a "small fee". Agree that it's better than paying full retail of course but I'd probably rather use a backup or throwaway phone in the meantime and just wait for my new upgrade.
    True. I just meant it was smaller relative to full retail. It also looks like older phones are cheaper than newer phones to replace.
    09-14-2013 07:54 PM
    My X has been perfect.

My nearest Apple store is about 200 miles away.
    09-14-2013 07:58 PM
    I'm shocked at how many problems folks are having with their Moto X. I realize the very nature of forums attract people with problems/complaints, so reading the forums you might get a skewed perspective of the true quantity of problems experienced in the field. Is this typical of all new phones, or do folks feel like the Moto X has some real problems?

I had really decided on this phone -- but some of these are fundamental features of the phone and as a result deal killers for me. I keep reading and hoping Motorola comes out with (software) fixes. I have an old crappy phone that I've had for 3 years, but everything works. The 3 major concerns I see:

- Voice calls cutting out
    - Text messages being read when not driving
    - Active notification issues when pocketed

If it's software related, shouldn't the same issues be showing up in the Mini/Ultra/Maxx?

I want to buy this phone, so I'm really hoping these problems can be solved.
    Buy it if you want and be willing to return it for another (the lgg2 forums have a lot fewer complaints). These threads are always full of people who have no issues.

Yes every phone will have some bad apples. Personally the camera, calls cutting out, and the pocket issues worry me more than what I've read about for the other new phones.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    09-14-2013 08:08 PM
    Buy it if you want and be willing to return it for another (the lgg2 forums have a lot fewer complaints).
    You mean the phone that's been out for TWO DAYS?

You should've been here two days after the Moto X was launched. It was all peaches, roses, and unicorn prayers. It only makes sense that the more people buy a phone, the more activity these forums are going to get. It's simple statistics.
    09-14-2013 08:19 PM
    I will agree that Apple is easier--for uneducated people who don't know what they're doing. But it's pretty much the same for people who know what they're doing. That's the way everything is with Apple.
    Real classy response, saying that Apple people are uneducated. Btw, If you drop your phone in the water, or ruin it some other way, you will have a large deductible to go with your insurance replacement. Applecare has a $49 deductible. And if you are out of warranty and have a problem, Apple will give you another phone for $229. No other manufacturer will do that. So, who is uneducated?
    09-14-2013 08:40 PM
    Real classy response, saying that Apple people are uneducated. Btw, If you drop your phone in the water, or ruin it some other way, you will have a large deductible to go with your insurance replacement. Applecare has a $49 deductible. And if you are out of warranty and have a problem, Apple will give you another phone for $229. No other manufacturer will do that. So, who is uneducated?
    I did not say that Apple people are uneducated. I said that Apple is easier for people who are uneducated. And it is.

Let's not be throwing stones when reading comprehension is a problem, okay?
    09-14-2013 08:45 PM
    Apple does make things pretty easy (for everyone) as long you want to do things their way.
    09-14-2013 08:49 PM
    My moto x has been great and the battery life is wicked good. Although, I wished the moto x reads out my request for text and asks if it should send or edit. Other than that and the camera, this phone keeps surprising me each day. My favorite feature is notifications and the drag-up Google now flashcards. The Google now flashcards tells me what is there to do in town, when the patriots play, if the patriots lost, the weather for the week, places nearby, transit times, appointments, photo spots nearby, flights, and etc....

09-14-2013 08:49 PM
    Apple does make things pretty easy (for everyone) as long you want to do things their way.
    And that's not a bad thing.
    09-14-2013 08:52 PM
    And that's not a bad thing.
    Absolutely, no it's not. There are a TON of people who don't want to care about their device or trying to find ways to do new things with it, etc. And once they're locked into the ecosystem, it's difficult to get out both for logistical reasons and due to the paradigm adoption. It's a really great thing that there are at least two distinct philosophies in the mobile world, or half of the population would be unhappy with what they're "stuck" with.
    Devlyn16 likes this.
    09-14-2013 08:54 PM
    Yeahp. My mom and wife would never spend the time upgrading/customizing their phones like I do. TBH I think if all I could do was change the wallpaper, create folders and home screens (like on an iPhone) then the only thing I would want android for was the cool hardware. I've really grown to love the look of my S4...my precious. Everything I can do with the OS is just the fun to me. I can see why a lot of people wouldn't want to be bothered though.

The Order Odonata. There can be only one.
    09-14-2013 08:56 PM
    And for those that said that I hated Android, listen to this: I ORDERED A MOTO X TODAY! So shut up.
    globster2000 likes this.
    09-14-2013 09:03 PM
    And for those that said that I hated Android, listen to this: I ORDERED A MOTO X TODAY! So shut up.
    You're going to love it. Seriously an impressive device. Mine blew me away and I thought I knew exactly what it was, having made clones of many features for my previous device.

On the radio the other day someone said, "if you have to make a choice between being right and being kind, choose kind".

I am not very good at following that advice, but maybe I can pass it along and others can execute on it better
    Alik Malix and Wildo6882 like this.
    09-14-2013 09:06 PM
    I havent had any of the issues mentioned in the op on my Moto X either.
    This is my first motorola purchase since the DX days and so far I have been happy with my Moto X.
    Aquila likes this.
    09-14-2013 09:09 PM
    You're going to love it. Seriously an impressive device. Mine blew me away and I thought I knew exactly what it was, having made clones of many features for my previous device.

On the radio the other day someone said, "if you have to make a choice between being right and being kind, choose kind".

I am not very good at following that advice, but maybe I can pass it along and others can execute on it better
    Yeah, I have always been a Moto fan. Unbeatable build quality and radios. Built like a tank!
    Aquila likes this.
    09-14-2013 09:10 PM
95 1234