Anyone else spooked by all these problems?

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Real classy response, saying that Apple people are uneducated. Btw, If you drop your phone in the water, or ruin it some other way, you will have a large deductible to go with your insurance replacement. Applecare has a $49 deductible. And if you are out of warranty and have a problem, Apple will give you another phone for $229. No other manufacturer will do that. So, who is uneducated?

I did not say that Apple people are uneducated. I said that Apple is easier for people who are uneducated. And it is.

Let's not be throwing stones when reading comprehension is a problem, okay?

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
My moto x has been great and the battery life is wicked good. Although, I wished the moto x reads out my request for text and asks if it should send or edit. Other than that and the camera, this phone keeps surprising me each day. My favorite feature is notifications and the drag-up Google now flashcards. The Google now flashcards tells me what is there to do in town, when the patriots play, if the patriots lost, the weather for the week, places nearby, transit times, appointments, photo spots nearby, flights, and etc....

Posted via Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
And that's not a bad thing.:)

Absolutely, no it's not. There are a TON of people who don't want to care about their device or trying to find ways to do new things with it, etc. And once they're locked into the ecosystem, it's difficult to get out both for logistical reasons and due to the paradigm adoption. It's a really great thing that there are at least two distinct philosophies in the mobile world, or half of the population would be unhappy with what they're "stuck" with.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeahp. My mom and wife would never spend the time upgrading/customizing their phones like I do. TBH I think if all I could do was change the wallpaper, create folders and home screens (like on an iPhone) then the only thing I would want android for was the cool hardware. I've really grown to love the look of my S4...my precious. Everything I can do with the OS is just the fun to me. I can see why a lot of people wouldn't want to be bothered though.

The Order Odonata. There can be only one.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
And for those that said that I hated Android, listen to this: I ORDERED A MOTO X TODAY! So shut up.:)

You're going to love it. Seriously an impressive device. Mine blew me away and I thought I knew exactly what it was, having made clones of many features for my previous device.

On the radio the other day someone said, "if you have to make a choice between being right and being kind, choose kind".

I am not very good at following that advice, but maybe I can pass it along and others can execute on it better :)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I havent had any of the issues mentioned in the op on my Moto X either.
This is my first motorola purchase since the DX days and so far I have been happy with my Moto X.:)

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
You're going to love it. Seriously an impressive device. Mine blew me away and I thought I knew exactly what it was, having made clones of many features for my previous device.

On the radio the other day someone said, "if you have to make a choice between being right and being kind, choose kind".

I am not very good at following that advice, but maybe I can pass it along and others can execute on it better :)

Yeah, I have always been a Moto fan. Unbeatable build quality and radios. Built like a tank!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The x doesn't have many problems compared to others.

HTC ONE-gaps in screen, rattling speakers,dead pixels

GS4-massive lag issues, many reports of screens cracking in pockets due to how flimsy the device is.

All electronics have problems when being massed produced, the x is a keeper.

Sent from my Moto X

That being said, I'd take the lag of an S4 over not being able to make calls. Gotta be a phone first. And I'm not bashing the X. I want to trade in my S4 for one. But that call issue has me spooked for now.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Doesn't matter to me. I have insurance. Apple Care exists for the same thing, doesn't it?

If an iPhone owner and an Android owner both have phones out of warranty, and neither have insurance, or Applecare or ext. warranty, the iPhone owner is miles ahead if a problem arises. Apple customer support is just that good. It's unbeatable.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
If an iPhone owner and an Android owner both have phones out of warranty, and neither have insurance, or Applecare or ext. warranty, the iPhone owner is miles ahead if a problem arises. Apple customer support is just that good. It's unbeatable.

The one that wanted me to pay 700 for a new laptop screen? Yah right..

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

Not our experience with iPhone 5. Her playlist screwed up from initial upgrade at AT&T store. Under warranty plus have Apple care. Appt made with closest Apple store 100 miles away. Go there and only solution is go back home, connect to iTunes on your computer and that might fix it. Totally disappointed here. Lost me - - Apple user from start of iPhones. Wife still has iPhone but no longer an enthusiast. Simply our experience.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Every forum here is full of problems when a new device drops. Mostly since people come for help or to vent.

As for the X, I've had the text reading bug, but got it fixed with the talkback update, other than that this phone has been stellar.
this is true. The lg g2 forums are packed with complaints also. I get my g2 on Tuesday and really hope I didn't **** up by getting rid of my one.. its build quality was amazing

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante