Anyone else spooked by all these problems?

mkreef

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm shocked at how many problems folks are having with their Moto X. I realize the very nature of forums attract people with problems/complaints, so reading the forums you might get a skewed perspective of the true quantity of problems experienced in the field. Is this typical of all new phones, or do folks feel like the Moto X has some real problems?

I had really decided on this phone -- but some of these are fundamental features of the phone and as a result deal killers for me. I keep reading and hoping Motorola comes out with (software) fixes. I have an old crappy phone that I've had for 3 years, but everything works. The 3 major concerns I see:

- Voice calls cutting out
- Text messages being read when not driving
- Active notification issues when pocketed

If it's software related, shouldn't the same issues be showing up in the Mini/Ultra/Maxx?

I want to buy this phone, so I'm really hoping these problems can be solved.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen anything to indicate that it has any more or less issues than any other device. We're only a few weeks in and so its hard to tell, but the volume of complaints that aren't fixed by troubleshooting seems pretty low so far. I only know one other person with one (and mine) so far and they're both doing great, so I'm inclined to think that its more of a general technology buying luck of the draw situation than anything widespread.

Nexus. Through spacetime.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
All of what problems? Aren't difficulties apart of every device? I had two bad iPhones in a row before. Some people are the reasons for their issues and the good far out weigh the bad.

Posted via Android Central App

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
All of what problems? Aren't difficulties apart of every device? I had two bad iPhones in a row before. Some people are the reasons for their issues and the good far out weigh the bad.

Perfect example that you brought up with apple. Get a bad iPhone which is actually pretty rare, hit the closest apple store and you are on your way with a new phone either for free if its a bum phone or for a small fee if you broke it. Yes it's that easy. Now let's talk about dealing with moto support after your two weeks is up. Don't believe it? Trust me , you will:)

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Every forum here is full of problems when a new device drops. Mostly since people come for help or to vent.

As for the X, I've had the text reading bug, but got it fixed with the talkback update, other than that this phone has been stellar.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Perfect example that you brought up with apple. Get a bad iPhone which is actually pretty rare, hit the closest apple store and you are on your way with a new phone either for free if its a bum phone or for a small fee if you broke it. Yes it's that easy. Now let's talk about dealing with moto support after your two weeks is up. Don't believe it? Trust me , you will:)

And...? The same thing can be done with carrier stores and non-Apple phones. I have never dealt with manufacturer support in the past. I just go to Verizon and switch out the phone and it's never been a problem. Should be pretty easy to do with the X now that it is showing up in Verizon stores.

That said, I haven't had any of those problems listed with my Moto X.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
And...? The same thing can be done with carrier stores and non-Apple phones. I have never dealt with manufacturer support in the past. I just go to Verizon and switch out the phone and it's never been a problem. Should be pretty easy to do with the X now that it is showing up in Verizon stores.

That said, I haven't had any of those problems listed with my Moto X.

Drop it or get it wet then tell me how they deal with it.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't matter to me. I have insurance. Apple Care exists for the same thing, doesn't it?

Understand that. Your trying to argue when all that I'm doing is saying how easy it is to replace a bad or damaged iPhone. Don't care what kind of insurance plan that your going to invent for your next response but you can't beat exchanging an iPhone.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Understand that. Your trying to argue when all that I'm doing is saying how easy it is to replace a bad or damaged iPhone. Don't care what kind of insurance plan that your going to invent for your next response but you can't beat exchanging an iPhone.

And I'm saying it's really not much different than exchanging another defective phone of a different brand. I will agree that Apple is easier--for uneducated people who don't know what they're doing. But it's pretty much the same for people who know what they're doing. That's the way everything is with Apple.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
From an insurance standpoint, you file a claim, the next morning a phone arrives, you activate it and then send the old one back. Slightly less convenient than just getting a new one right away, but if you're like me and don't necessarily have time to go to a store to do an exchange, waiting until the next morning for the replacement isn't too bad.

smcd5213

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Nope, not spooked. Mine has had zero issues since I got it.

I think you answered your own question re: nature of the forums. Look at pretty much every model specific forum and you'll find the same types of posts, so not sure why you'd be "shocked".

None of this is new and certainly not unique to the Moto X.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
And I'm saying it's really not much different than exchanging another defective phone of a different brand. I will agree that Apple is easier--for uneducated people who don't know what they're doing. But it's pretty much the same for people who know what they're doing. That's the way everything is with Apple.

Lol. Dude you are clueless if that's what you believe but I read you insulting and very uneducated posts everyday so....just makes me laugh. Not going to get sucked into your insults. You win, happy now?

festinator

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Lol. Dude you are clueless if that's what you believe but I read you insulting and very uneducated posts everyday so....just makes me laugh. Not going to get sucked into your insults. You win, happy now?

I, for one, am happy because NHL preaseason starts today wooo! Go jets go!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

tortex73

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
My only complaint about this phone is how loud the vibration motor is. Aside from that, it has been perfect. It is the first phone I've bought in a loooong time that I didn't have to swap out right away because of some glaring defect. Call quality has been great, battery life OUTSTANDING, active notifications the greatest thing ever... I seriously love this phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Every forum has one...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy