Thanks in advance for any feedback on this, how is the music / MP3 audio quality out of the X, say compared to the S4 (and iphone etc)?

I'm on Verizon, probably will get the X, but noticed some data on the LG G2 that they had taken extra care for the audio-out quality. A truly decent player would let me shed one more portable device (Sansa Clip, tiny but good MP3 player). Any feedback on music quality through the X?

Frank in Florida
    09-14-2013 10:34 PM
    Thanks in advance for any feedback on this, how is the music / MP3 audio quality out of the X, say compared to the S4 (and iphone etc)?

I'm on Verizon, probably will get the X, but noticed some data on the LG G2 that they had taken extra care for the audio-out quality. A truly decent player would let me shed one more portable device (Sansa Clip, tiny but good MP3 player). Any feedback on music quality through the X?

Frank in Florida
    Really good. I think its better than s4 but not boomsound

Posted via Android Central App
    09-15-2013 12:34 AM
    Clarification; how is the audio quality "out" for headphones (not the little speaker), re: the digital to analog converter and amp for that (a function of all MP3 playing phones, some cut corners and some are great). The article on the G2 mentioned some extra voodoo re: digital audio out (to supply a portable digital audio converter and power amp). As long as the music capability is "pretty good" I'll be happy. Comparisons, feedback?
    09-15-2013 01:38 PM
    Coming from the iPhone 5, I have no complaints. The actual tone is a little different, but still good.

Moto X | Nexus 7
    FrankA1 likes this.
    09-15-2013 02:45 PM
    It was one of the things I worried about too, but the quality is actually very good (so MUCH better than Nexus4, also coming from iPhone5), tested with Beyerdynamics DT770,
    just make sure you turn off Surround and make EQ flat (Off) in Sound > Audio Effects, or even turn off the whole audio effects if you don't want EQ in your speaker too.
    Paisley and FrankA1 like this.
    09-15-2013 04:50 PM
    It was one of the things I worried about too, but the quality is actually very good (so MUCH better than Nexus4, also coming from iPhone5), tested with Beyerdynamics DT770,
    just make sure you turn off Surround and make EQ flat (Off) in Sound > Audio Effects, or even turn off the whole audio effects if you don't want EQ in your speaker too.
    I'm in Sound > Audio Effects, the only part that lets me turn EQ is for Speaker, not wired headset. And i don't see Surround Sound at all. ?
    09-15-2013 05:15 PM
    turned off EQ all together. ah, better, thanks!!
    09-15-2013 05:20 PM
    Just as good or a slight better then the iphone or s4 without boomsound.
    09-16-2013 11:44 AM
    It's not bad, not as good as the HTC One but good. The volume doesn't go that loud but I'm 44 and my hearing is probably not as good as it used to be.
    09-16-2013 03:48 PM