10-07-2013 09:08 PM
121 12345
tools
    Yes, the only differences from the same carrier versions are that the bootloader is unlockable and they're holding 32GB instead of 16GB of internal storage.
    Thanks. It's the software features that really appeal to me on this phone compared to the likes of HTC ONE and S4. I am curious whether there are any other people from outside the USA interested in getting the moto X. I did some research to make sure the GSM version frequencies are compatible with my operator here (I am from the Netherlands, living in Dubai). GSM and 3G are OK, 4G/LTE unfortunately not . If anyone's interested I'll start a thread for international users.
    09-20-2013 01:16 AM
    Thanks. It's the software features that really appeal to me on this phone compared to the likes of HTC ONE and S4. I am curious whether there are any other people from outside the USA interested in getting the moto X. I did some research to make sure the GSM version frequencies are compatible with my operator here (I am from the Netherlands, living in Dubai). GSM and 3G are OK, 4G/LTE unfortunately not . If anyone's interested I'll start a thread for international users.
    I know there are a few people in Europe, Australia and New Zealand that want to play with Moto X devices. I'm wondering if the XT1032, XT1033 and XT1035 are perhaps the international adaptations.
    09-20-2013 01:23 AM
    I know there are a few people in Europe, Australia and New Zealand that want to play with Moto X devices. I'm wondering if the XT1032, XT1033 and XT1035 are perhaps the international adaptations.
    Interesting! Indeed look like international adaptations however they might be budget versions called 'DVX' or something, at least according to a quick Google :
    http://androidcommunity.com/motorola...ling-20130903/
    http://m.pocketnow.com/2013/09/03/motorola-dvx-launch

If the DE radios are compatible with an international operator, is there anything that could go wrong? I remember that flashing another radio on my 9100 seemed to improve 3g.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-20-2013 01:55 AM
    Verizon's developer addition is here!

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=jteys4AR

Posted via my MotoX
    09-20-2013 09:12 AM
    So Verizon's DE is showing out of stock now. I placed my order on the 18th when they were in stock and still haven't received confirmation of shipping. Has anyone who has ordered one seen anything as it pertains to shipping? I was hoping I'd get it today, since it does say 2-day shipping, but I'm assuming it won't magically show up.
    09-20-2013 03:05 PM
    Ordered on the 18th and no word on shipping. My case and screen protector showed up from Amazon though :/

09-20-2013 03:10 PM
    Ordered on the 18th and no word on shipping. My case and screen protector showed up from Amazon though :/

Same here....still says has not shipped.......ughhhhhhhhhhh. I am thinking about cancelling my order,
    09-20-2013 07:46 PM
    The GSM version is now available for order. Go grab one!
    09-20-2013 07:58 PM
    Customer Service was no help...How can they have them in stock and still not have them shipped?

Renalyn: Hi, my name is Renalyn. How may I help you?
    Chuck: Hi
    Chuck: I ordered and paid for the Moto x dev edition for verizon on the 18th
    Chuck: why has it still not shipped?
    Renalyn: Hi good day!
    Renalyn: I'm sorry to hear that, let me check it first, can i have the order number?
    Chuck: I do not understand how it can be in stock and still not shipped Renalyn: thank you, One more moment please, while I find that information for you.
    Chuck: thanks
    Renalyn: Thank you for holding, my apologies for the delay.
    Renalyn: Based on the order number it shows that the order is already in the factory its ready to release, however we still don't have the tracking information.
    Renalyn: Once the phone is ready to shipped out you will be notified through your email together with the tracking numbe
    Chuck: wow
    Chuck: wow
    Chuck: Amazon really should come show you guys how to ship items
    09-20-2013 08:12 PM
    Guy relax. When I ordered my T Mobile model last wendsday they told me it would take 7-10 days to ship. My order status never changed from "not shipped" yet it arrived to me on Saturday.

I just ordered the GSM DE version right when it became available today also!
    09-20-2013 09:09 PM
    Order Date:

Sep 18, 2013

Order Total:

$684.44

Items Ordered:

Moto X Developer Edition (Verizon)

Order Status:

Not Shipped

View Receipt
    09-21-2013 06:58 AM
    Yeah, I have a problem with it saying that it's in stock and has two day shipping, but 3 days later it still hasn't shipped. They need to plaster "please add 7-10 days for processing" for this to be ok and make sense.
    09-21-2013 09:16 AM
    Actually they have added the 7 days to ship clause in the Order Receipt email I received. Not sure why they dont do this in the Order page in the first place!
    09-21-2013 05:11 PM
    My receipt says: Shipping:
    Two-Day Shipping
    Some items may ship at different times depending on availability.

And when I ordered it said In Stock.....Hmmmmmmm
    09-21-2013 06:30 PM
    My receipt says: Shipping:
    Two-Day Shipping
    Some items may ship at different times depending on availability.

And when I ordered it said In Stock.....Hmmmmmmm
    That's exactly what mine says now. And it was in stock when I ordered.
    09-21-2013 06:42 PM
    Quick question on the developers edition

From what I just read, unless I'm wrong hence the question, the developers edition gives you an extra 16 gig over the normal X (unless you purchased one with 32) and a black face with white woven back along with a developer edition emblem. Besides the unlocked phone that's pretty much it right?

If thats true, why not just go to the moto site and unlock your existing X and call it a day?
    https://motorola-global-portal.custh...-your-device-b

Am I accurate? Just trying to decide if i should order another one to play with or should i just do it on the one I have using the moto info

Posted via my MotoX
    09-21-2013 08:54 PM
    Quick question on the developers edition

From what I just read, unless I'm wrong hence the question, the developers edition gives you an extra 16 gig over the normal X (unless you purchased one with 32) and a black face with white woven back along with a developer edition emblem. Besides the unlocked phone that's pretty much it right?

If thats true, why not just go to the moto site and unlock your existing X and call it a day?
    https://motorola-global-portal.custh...-your-device-b

Am I accurate? Just trying to decide if i should order another one to play with or should i just do it on the one I have using the moto info

Posted via my MotoX
    One of the dev editions is specific to Verizon, which does not otherwise support unlocking the bootloader. The GSM version can be used on any GSM carrier, works on AT&T (also doesn't support unlocked bootloaders) and T-Mobile, etc. Currently on Verizon and T-Mobile it's the only way to get a 32GB version and on AT&T it's the only way to get an unlocked version.
    myRT likes this.
    09-21-2013 09:35 PM
    That's exactly what mine says now. And it was in stock when I ordered.
    I guess I am confused because if I had ordered it using Moto Maker on AT&T on a Wednesday I would have gotten the phone Saturday or Monday. The phone would have been custom built and shipped out and in my hands in 4 days.

So instead, I ordered a phone that was already built and in stock and after 4 days it still has not shipped. I am sorry but WTF Motorola?
    09-22-2013 08:03 AM
    I guess I am confused because if I had ordered it using Moto Maker on AT&T on a Wednesday I would have gotten the phone Saturday or Monday. The phone would have been custom built and shipped out and in my hands in 4 days.

So instead, I ordered a phone that was already built and in stock and after 4 days it still has not shipped. I am sorry but WTF Motorola?
    Yeah, they botched it pretty good. I ordered it as soon as I knew it went live. I just got my shipping confirmation 20 minutes ago.
    09-22-2013 08:09 AM
    Does anybody have the Verizon developer edition?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
    09-22-2013 09:13 PM
    Can you tell my ingnorant self what the developer edition is and what an unlocked bootloader does? Sorry if its been answered

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    09-22-2013 09:24 PM
    Can you tell my ingnorant self what the developer edition is and what an unlocked bootloader does? Sorry if its been answered

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    An unlocked bootloader means that the user has write access to the bootloader. This is typically used to facilitate flashing custom ROMs, kernels, etc. and generally to make software modifications to the device that would otherwise be restricted.
    09-22-2013 09:34 PM
    An unlocked bootloader means that the user has write access to the bootloader. This is typically used to facilitate flashing custom ROMs, kernels, etc. and generally to make software modifications to the device that would otherwise be restricted.
    You're a moderator, now? Lord. Have. Mercy. Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    09-22-2013 10:33 PM
    You're a moderator, now? Lord. Have. Mercy. Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Surprised you too?

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    MERCDROID and bigdaddytee like this.
    09-22-2013 10:42 PM
    As of note mine still has not shipped. Glad I ordered it on Wednesday. I just do not understand. Has anyone's shipped yet?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app
    09-23-2013 09:07 PM
121 12345