10-07-2013 08:08 PM
121 ... 2345
tools
    As of note mine still has not shipped. Glad I ordered it on Wednesday. I just do not understand. Has anyone's shipped yet?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app
    Mine is showing as shipped and in transit. Looking like delivery this Wednesday. I'm not a huge fan of how this all went down. Moto has some work to do on this stuff.
    09-23-2013 08:30 PM
    Mine is showing as shipped and in transit. Looking like delivery this Wednesday. I'm not a huge fan of how this all went down. Moto has some work to do on this stuff.
    When did you order yours? I don't mean to be impatient, but I'm away on vacation this week and ordered mine to be delivered where we are thinking I wanted to get them while in stock and it'd be nice to have on the trip. Now I'm worried it won't make it until after I head back home later in the week. Doh! Lesson learned.
    09-23-2013 08:35 PM
    I was unaware Google and Verizon have stated this.

Posted via Android Central App
    They haven't. I don't suggest you hold your breath until it's released, however.

09-23-2013 08:40 PM
    Mine has not shipped either, ordered it on Wednesday, got confirmation email at 3:15 PM EDT. I just think they weren't expecting so many people to order it and thought they could actually get it to us in two days, but that is obviously not the case.

The CSR's I spoke to on the phone said it could take up to 7-10 days for processing. The CSR I talked to said I should have it by this week or early next week, I'm just hoping to have it by this week.

I know people over on XDA have gotten emails that their phones have been shipped. I guess that's a good sign, although I haven't seen anyone post that their phone has been shipped today (Monday). I guess we'll just have to wait it out and see.

It would've been nice if Motorola had sent an email to all of us that bought the Dev editions and just let us know that the phones would take longer than expected to be delivered.
    09-23-2013 08:50 PM
    I called to cancel my order today and was told I couldn't as it had already been processed but was waiting to be picked up...still no tracking number

09-23-2013 10:08 PM
    Mine still has not shipped...wtf Motorola

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app
    09-24-2013 09:47 AM
    When did you order yours? I don't mean to be impatient, but I'm away on vacation this week and ordered mine to be delivered where we are thinking I wanted to get them while in stock and it'd be nice to have on the trip. Now I'm worried it won't make it until after I head back home later in the week. Doh! Lesson learned.
    I ordered mine as soon as it went live. I don't know if I was one of the first or not. I got confirmation of shipping Sunday and it actually shipped out yesterday. Looks like delivery is scheduled for tomorrow.
    09-24-2013 09:52 AM
    Ordered mine (Verizon version) 9/18 early afternoon CST, and just got the FedEx shipping notification to expect delivery sometime tomorrow. Looks like it has been on the move (from Texas) since yesterday afternoon.
    09-24-2013 01:15 PM
    Ordered mine (Verizon version) 9/18 early afternoon CST, and just got the FedEx shipping notification to expect delivery sometime tomorrow. Looks like it has been on the move (from Texas) since yesterday afternoon.
    Same here, just received my tracking info a few minutes ago. Picked up by Fedex around 2 PM yesterday, currently in Tennessee, and will be here in Saint Louis tomorrow.
    09-24-2013 01:24 PM
    Moto called me today, apologized, refunded shipping, and I should have mine tomorrow as well. Not the best experience but at least they did something.
    Aquila and bigdaddytee like this.
    09-24-2013 06:59 PM
    Moto called me today, apologized, refunded shipping, and I should have mine tomorrow as well. Not the best experience but at least they did something.
    Agree, that was a pretty fail execution, but I'm glad they're resolving it.
    09-24-2013 07:05 PM
    Sounds like they confirmed a boat arrived with the phones and they got stuck in customs causing a delay in stock.

Why else would they just hang all these orders?

Are they making dev editions in TX?

09-24-2013 07:13 PM
    Sounds like they confirmed a boat arrived with the phones and they got stuck in customs causing a delay in stock.

Why else would they just hang all these orders?

Are they making dev editions in TX?

It's almost like they weren't actually in stock when they said they were. It's like they didn't realize the demand, figured a few people would order and not really notice that it took over a week to ship via 2-day shipping.

There's absolutely no (legit) reason why a company as large as Motorola should delay shipping on something like this. When you order from nearly any other company they ship same day or soon thereafter. And if it isn't same day, they make sure it is plastered as to the handling time.

I'm looking forward to mine. But I'm not sure if I'll order from Motorola directly again. Unless I have some kind of confirmation that practices have changed.
    09-24-2013 07:26 PM
    It's almost like they weren't actually in stock when they said they were. It's like they didn't realize the demand, figured a few people would order and not really notice that it took over a week to ship via 2-day shipping.

There's absolutely no (legit) reason why a company as large as Motorola should delay shipping on something like this. When you order from nearly any other company they ship same day or soon thereafter. And if it isn't same day, they make sure it is plastered as to the handling time.

I'm looking forward to mine. But I'm not sure if I'll order from Motorola directly again. Unless I have some kind of confirmation that practices have changed.
    i have done so much shopping in my time, and big companies and small companies have shipping delays. it's just how it goes.
    09-24-2013 07:31 PM
    i have done so much shopping in my time, and big companies and small companies have shipping delays. it's just how it goes.
    While I don't disagree, my issue with it was that it said the phone was in stock with 2-day shipping. When I ordered there was no mention of allowing a 7-10 shipping delay. While I would have been annoyed, I would have understood.

Many of us ordered expecting 2-day shipping and got no response whatsoever for nearly a week. That's a problem. And for a company as large as Motorola, shouldn't happen.
    09-24-2013 07:34 PM
    While I don't disagree, my issue with it was that it said the phone was in stock with 2-day shipping. When I ordered there was no mention of allowing a 7-10 shipping delay. While I would have been annoyed, I would have understood.

Many of us ordered expecting 2-day shipping and got no response whatsoever for nearly a week. That's a problem. And for a company as large as Motorola, shouldn't happen.
    Yeah, that would actually irritate me quite a bit i have to say. Is it truly taking 10 days?
    09-24-2013 07:42 PM
    Yeah, that would actually irritate me quite a bit i have to say. Is it truly taking 10 days?
    That's what is apparently being advertised when people order now. I ordered on Wednesday when they went live. No mention of shipping delay, only that it had 2-day shipping. Got confirmation that it was ready to ship on Sunday and shipped yesterday with a due date of tomorrow. So 2-day shipping turned into 7-day for me. There were others who got later confirmation than me who ordered last Wednesday.
    09-24-2013 07:48 PM
    That's what is apparently being advertised when people order now. I ordered on Wednesday when they went live. No mention of shipping delay, only that it had 2-day shipping. Got confirmation that it was ready to ship on Sunday and shipped yesterday with a due date of tomorrow. So 2-day shipping turned into 7-day for me. There were others who got later confirmation than me who ordered last Wednesday.
    Well, just to be fair, it's not a real 5 day difference, prolly about 3 days late, in a perfect world it would have "handled" by thurs, not Sun. I think my full wait for my phone was 5 days (which did have 2 day shipping as well), i was waiting with baited breath, so i woulda felt those extra days for sure. Motorola is so odd with the whole thing. I'm still baffled over the discount ad.
    09-24-2013 08:32 PM
    Amazon has ruined it for everyone else. I am a Amazon Prime subscriber and two day shipping means I get it in two days, heck some times i get it the next day. Motorola should refund everyone's shipping and go public with an apology.
    09-25-2013 06:07 AM
    The issue doesn't seem to be the shipping. Most of our phones at this point were picked up on Monday and will be delivered today. The bigger issue is that they did not advertise any processing time and on top of that Moto's customer support had no clue what was going on. I chatted with an online representative yesterday morning who told me my phone would be leaving their facility yesterday afternoon or today when it had already been picked up. Oh well, it will be all good when the FedEx truck gets here today. Can't wait!
    09-25-2013 07:51 AM
    Amazon has ruined it for everyone else. I am a Amazon Prime subscriber and two day shipping means I get it in two days, heck some times i get it the next day. Motorola should refund everyone's shipping and go public with an apology.
    Yeah, Amazon has spoiled a lot of us. But at the same time, I wouldn't have had any issue with the shipping time if they had a disclaimer about handling times. When I ordered all it said was that the phone was in stock and it had 2-day shipping.

The issue doesn't seem to be the shipping. Most of our phones at this point were picked up on Monday and will be delivered today. The bigger issue is that they did not advertise any processing time and on top of that Moto's customer support had no clue what was going on. I chatted with an online representative yesterday morning who told me my phone would be leaving their facility yesterday afternoon or today when it had already been picked up. Oh well, it will be all good when the FedEx truck gets here today. Can't wait!
    I agree with that 100%. Moto dropped the ball on it for those of us who ordered early. Now it doesn't matter much since mine is on a truck as we speak.
    09-25-2013 08:21 AM
    I just thought I would let everyone know, this thing is soooo much faster than my original Droid Razr Maxx I was using!
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    09-25-2013 10:39 AM
    hate to post this but they had this dev edition for 100 less on motorola site and then took it down so im assuming it will drop

Developer edition is out . 32GB $650 - Page 12 - xda-developers
    09-25-2013 02:18 PM
    hate to post this but they had this dev edition for 100 less on motorola site and then took it down so im assuming it will drop

Developer edition is out . 32GB $650 - Page 12 - xda-developers
    I've read that they mistakenly listed employee pricing for a short period of time. If that's the case, I wouldn't count on seeing a drop in the near future.

09-25-2013 04:40 PM
    The GSM DE is now shipping! Just checked FEDEX. Will get to me on friday!
    09-25-2013 04:52 PM
121 ... 2345