Items Ordered:

Moto X Developer Edition (Verizon)

Order Status:

Not Shipped

View Receipt

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I have a problem with it saying that it's in stock and has two day shipping, but 3 days later it still hasn't shipped. They need to plaster "please add 7-10 days for processing" for this to be ok and make sense.

silverdream

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Actually they have added the 7 days to ship clause in the Order Receipt email I received. Not sure why they dont do this in the Order page in the first place!

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
My receipt says: Shipping:
Two-Day Shipping
Some items may ship at different times depending on availability.

And when I ordered it said In Stock.....Hmmmmmmm

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Quick question on the developers edition

From what I just read, unless I'm wrong hence the question, the developers edition gives you an extra 16 gig over the normal X (unless you purchased one with 32) and a black face with white woven back along with a developer edition emblem. Besides the unlocked phone that's pretty much it right?

If thats true, why not just go to the moto site and unlock your existing X and call it a day?
https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/standalone/bootloader/unlock-your-device-b

Am I accurate? Just trying to decide if i should order another one to play with or should i just do it on the one I have using the moto info

Posted via my MotoX

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Quick question on the developers edition

From what I just read, unless I'm wrong hence the question, the developers edition gives you an extra 16 gig over the normal X (unless you purchased one with 32) and a black face with white woven back along with a developer edition emblem. Besides the unlocked phone that's pretty much it right?

If thats true, why not just go to the moto site and unlock your existing X and call it a day?
https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/standalone/bootloader/unlock-your-device-b

Am I accurate? Just trying to decide if i should order another one to play with or should i just do it on the one I have using the moto info

Posted via my MotoX

One of the dev editions is specific to Verizon, which does not otherwise support unlocking the bootloader. The GSM version can be used on any GSM carrier, works on AT&T (also doesn't support unlocked bootloaders) and T-Mobile, etc. Currently on Verizon and T-Mobile it's the only way to get a 32GB version and on AT&T it's the only way to get an unlocked version.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
That's exactly what mine says now. And it was in stock when I ordered.

I guess I am confused because if I had ordered it using Moto Maker on AT&T on a Wednesday I would have gotten the phone Saturday or Monday. The phone would have been custom built and shipped out and in my hands in 4 days.

So instead, I ordered a phone that was already built and in stock and after 4 days it still has not shipped. I am sorry but WTF Motorola?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I guess I am confused because if I had ordered it using Moto Maker on AT&T on a Wednesday I would have gotten the phone Saturday or Monday. The phone would have been custom built and shipped out and in my hands in 4 days.

So instead, I ordered a phone that was already built and in stock and after 4 days it still has not shipped. I am sorry but WTF Motorola?

Yeah, they botched it pretty good. I ordered it as soon as I knew it went live. I just got my shipping confirmation 20 minutes ago.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Can you tell my ingnorant self what the developer edition is and what an unlocked bootloader does? Sorry if its been answered

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Can you tell my ingnorant self what the developer edition is and what an unlocked bootloader does? Sorry if its been answered

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

An unlocked bootloader means that the user has write access to the bootloader. This is typically used to facilitate flashing custom ROMs, kernels, etc. and generally to make software modifications to the device that would otherwise be restricted.

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
An unlocked bootloader means that the user has write access to the bootloader. This is typically used to facilitate flashing custom ROMs, kernels, etc. and generally to make software modifications to the device that would otherwise be restricted.

You're a moderator, now? Lord. Have. Mercy. Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mobile Nations mobile app

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
As of note mine still has not shipped. Glad I ordered it on Wednesday. I just do not understand. Has anyone's shipped yet?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
As of note mine still has not shipped. Glad I ordered it on Wednesday. I just do not understand. Has anyone's shipped yet?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

Mine is showing as shipped and in transit. Looking like delivery this Wednesday. I'm not a huge fan of how this all went down. Moto has some work to do on this stuff.

mitechie

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Mine is showing as shipped and in transit. Looking like delivery this Wednesday. I'm not a huge fan of how this all went down. Moto has some work to do on this stuff.

When did you order yours? I don't mean to be impatient, but I'm away on vacation this week and ordered mine to be delivered where we are thinking I wanted to get them while in stock and it'd be nice to have on the trip. Now I'm worried it won't make it until after I head back home later in the week. Doh! Lesson learned.

museic

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Mine has not shipped either, ordered it on Wednesday, got confirmation email at 3:15 PM EDT. I just think they weren't expecting so many people to order it and thought they could actually get it to us in two days, but that is obviously not the case.

The CSR's I spoke to on the phone said it could take up to 7-10 days for processing. The CSR I talked to said I should have it by this week or early next week, I'm just hoping to have it by this week.

I know people over on XDA have gotten emails that their phones have been shipped. I guess that's a good sign, although I haven't seen anyone post that their phone has been shipped today (Monday). I guess we'll just have to wait it out and see.

It would've been nice if Motorola had sent an email to all of us that bought the Dev editions and just let us know that the phones would take longer than expected to be delivered.

Last edited:

KDogg241

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I called to cancel my order today and was told I couldn't as it had already been processed but was waiting to be picked up...still no tracking number

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12