Where is the Developer Edition?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
When did you order yours? I don't mean to be impatient, but I'm away on vacation this week and ordered mine to be delivered where we are thinking I wanted to get them while in stock and it'd be nice to have on the trip. Now I'm worried it won't make it until after I head back home later in the week. Doh! Lesson learned.

I ordered mine as soon as it went live. I don't know if I was one of the first or not. I got confirmation of shipping Sunday and it actually shipped out yesterday. Looks like delivery is scheduled for tomorrow.

PRT11

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Ordered mine (Verizon version) 9/18 early afternoon CST, and just got the FedEx shipping notification to expect delivery sometime tomorrow. Looks like it has been on the move (from Texas) since yesterday afternoon.

KDogg241

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Ordered mine (Verizon version) 9/18 early afternoon CST, and just got the FedEx shipping notification to expect delivery sometime tomorrow. Looks like it has been on the move (from Texas) since yesterday afternoon.

Same here, just received my tracking info a few minutes ago. Picked up by Fedex around 2 PM yesterday, currently in Tennessee, and will be here in Saint Louis tomorrow.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Moto called me today, apologized, refunded shipping, and I should have mine tomorrow as well. Not the best experience but at least they did something.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like they confirmed a boat arrived with the phones and they got stuck in customs causing a delay in stock.

Why else would they just hang all these orders?

Are they making dev editions in TX?

Posted via Android Central App

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like they confirmed a boat arrived with the phones and they got stuck in customs causing a delay in stock.

Why else would they just hang all these orders?

Are they making dev editions in TX?

Posted via Android Central App

It's almost like they weren't actually in stock when they said they were. It's like they didn't realize the demand, figured a few people would order and not really notice that it took over a week to ship via 2-day shipping.

There's absolutely no (legit) reason why a company as large as Motorola should delay shipping on something like this. When you order from nearly any other company they ship same day or soon thereafter. And if it isn't same day, they make sure it is plastered as to the handling time.

I'm looking forward to mine. But I'm not sure if I'll order from Motorola directly again. Unless I have some kind of confirmation that practices have changed.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
It's almost like they weren't actually in stock when they said they were. It's like they didn't realize the demand, figured a few people would order and not really notice that it took over a week to ship via 2-day shipping.

There's absolutely no (legit) reason why a company as large as Motorola should delay shipping on something like this. When you order from nearly any other company they ship same day or soon thereafter. And if it isn't same day, they make sure it is plastered as to the handling time.

I'm looking forward to mine. But I'm not sure if I'll order from Motorola directly again. Unless I have some kind of confirmation that practices have changed.

i have done so much shopping in my time, and big companies and small companies have shipping delays. it's just how it goes.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
i have done so much shopping in my time, and big companies and small companies have shipping delays. it's just how it goes.

While I don't disagree, my issue with it was that it said the phone was in stock with 2-day shipping. When I ordered there was no mention of allowing a 7-10 shipping delay. While I would have been annoyed, I would have understood.

Many of us ordered expecting 2-day shipping and got no response whatsoever for nearly a week. That's a problem. And for a company as large as Motorola, shouldn't happen.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
While I don't disagree, my issue with it was that it said the phone was in stock with 2-day shipping. When I ordered there was no mention of allowing a 7-10 shipping delay. While I would have been annoyed, I would have understood.

Many of us ordered expecting 2-day shipping and got no response whatsoever for nearly a week. That's a problem. And for a company as large as Motorola, shouldn't happen.

Yeah, that would actually irritate me quite a bit i have to say. Is it truly taking 10 days?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that would actually irritate me quite a bit i have to say. Is it truly taking 10 days?

That's what is apparently being advertised when people order now. I ordered on Wednesday when they went live. No mention of shipping delay, only that it had 2-day shipping. Got confirmation that it was ready to ship on Sunday and shipped yesterday with a due date of tomorrow. So 2-day shipping turned into 7-day for me. There were others who got later confirmation than me who ordered last Wednesday.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
That's what is apparently being advertised when people order now. I ordered on Wednesday when they went live. No mention of shipping delay, only that it had 2-day shipping. Got confirmation that it was ready to ship on Sunday and shipped yesterday with a due date of tomorrow. So 2-day shipping turned into 7-day for me. There were others who got later confirmation than me who ordered last Wednesday.

Well, just to be fair, it's not a real 5 day difference, prolly about 3 days late, in a perfect world it would have "handled" by thurs, not Sun. I think my full wait for my phone was 5 days (which did have 2 day shipping as well), i was waiting with baited breath, so i woulda felt those extra days for sure. Motorola is so odd with the whole thing. I'm still baffled over the discount ad.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Amazon has ruined it for everyone else. I am a Amazon Prime subscriber and two day shipping means I get it in two days, heck some times i get it the next day. Motorola should refund everyone's shipping and go public with an apology.

KDogg241

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
The issue doesn't seem to be the shipping. Most of our phones at this point were picked up on Monday and will be delivered today. The bigger issue is that they did not advertise any processing time and on top of that Moto's customer support had no clue what was going on. I chatted with an online representative yesterday morning who told me my phone would be leaving their facility yesterday afternoon or today when it had already been picked up. Oh well, it will be all good when the FedEx truck gets here today. Can't wait!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Amazon has ruined it for everyone else. I am a Amazon Prime subscriber and two day shipping means I get it in two days, heck some times i get it the next day. Motorola should refund everyone's shipping and go public with an apology.

Yeah, Amazon has spoiled a lot of us. But at the same time, I wouldn't have had any issue with the shipping time if they had a disclaimer about handling times. When I ordered all it said was that the phone was in stock and it had 2-day shipping.

The issue doesn't seem to be the shipping. Most of our phones at this point were picked up on Monday and will be delivered today. The bigger issue is that they did not advertise any processing time and on top of that Moto's customer support had no clue what was going on. I chatted with an online representative yesterday morning who told me my phone would be leaving their facility yesterday afternoon or today when it had already been picked up. Oh well, it will be all good when the FedEx truck gets here today. Can't wait!

I agree with that 100%. Moto dropped the ball on it for those of us who ordered early. Now it doesn't matter much since mine is on a truck as we speak.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad