I just order a the new Moto X, I currently own a Moto Razr Maxx HD. What should I expect from the Moto X?
    09-16-2013 12:46 PM
    I just order a the new Moto X, I currently own a Moto Razr Maxx HD. What should I expect from the Moto X?
    I think that you will be blown away by how nice the moto x is. Good luck and have a great time with it. I know that I am.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-16-2013 01:13 PM
    you should be expecting some awesomeness from your Moto X
    09-16-2013 01:39 PM
    Thanks, my only worry is the battery, I did not like the new Droid Maxx...
    09-16-2013 01:40 PM
    The battery life has been great on my Moto X better then any of my previous phones( Dinc,DX,GNexus,GS3)
    As far as being non- removeable this is the first phone i had with a non- removeable battery tho
    09-16-2013 01:42 PM
    The battery is the best thing I have to say about this phone. In 6 hours off the charger with moderate use (~15 texts, hangout chat, couple emails) on 4g I am at 91%. It's a beast.
    09-16-2013 02:00 PM
    I actually made the switch form the same phone. I can write a detailed writeup on the switch and my experience when I get home. This phone is great so far, though. They weren't kidding when they said it flies. Even during the setup process, downloading all my apps, setting up accounts... Not a single hiccup!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4
    09-16-2013 02:33 PM
    Thanks I will appreciate that... Maxx HD is a good phone battery and construction wise but it was the lagging that make me jump to Moto X, like I said before the new Maxx is kind of ugly...
    09-16-2013 03:11 PM
    Sorry I took an extra day, was beat after work yesterday.

Going into this upgrade, I knew there were two things I would be giving up: On-board storage, and battery life. I pulled the trigger anyways because of the following reasons: First, I have spent the last year consolidating all of my important files on Google. My music has been uploaded, I've freed myself from iTunes DRM, etc. The only thing I need on my phone's storage is my apps, their data, and whatever pictures I take with it's camera. I spend about a month with no SD card slot in my MAXX HD to accustom myself to an "on-board-only" mentality, and tried to exceed no more than 11GB on it. When I switched, I was only using about 7GB, so I though a 4GB buffer was comfortable enough. Second, for the battery, it was a little more of a gamble. I know the X8 processing setup made the phone more juice-friendly, and on my Maxx, I would always go to bed with about 40% battery and I charged my phone every night. I rarely have situations where I can't charge my phone overnight (I even have my spare charger in my overnight bag for when I crash with friends of my lady), so I was comfortable with my gamble.

Here's what I've experienced from the phone in the 3 days I've had it.

First, the phone really flies! Like I said before, I saw zero stutter during the setup process (typically a bogging task with apps downloading, signing into accounts on multiple apps, etc). I haven't seen it flinch at anything I throw at it. I even had a podcast playing while I navigated to a job today and saw no lag when I switched to make a call. After the call, my phone had no lag switching back to the podcast.

Second: you will have an adjustment period to the size and heft of this thing. I never realized how much of a brick the Maxx HD was until I held this thing. It's a feather relatively speaking and it substantially smaller, so be careful handling it until you're comfortable with it. The dimple is a GODSEND.

Third: Battery life is pretty damn good. Not amazing like the Maxx HD, and you will need to get used to seeing your charge a lot lower at the end of the night, but it will get you through the day no problem. I'll update this post with screens of my experiences after about a week. You will be timid to use the phone at first, afraid of killing it, but trust me, you'll be fine.

That's all I can think of for now. Let me know if you are wondering about anything in particular that I did not address. I know there are a million reviews, but hopefully I can be a little more helpful seeing as I made the exact same switch as you will. Good luck and enjoy! I know I do
    jrowe likes this.
    09-17-2013 07:47 PM
    Thanks for your update... I got it yesterday afternoon and basically had my first full day today. After 15 hours battery still at 65%. Zero lag so far... I like the new notification system. I also depend a lot on google drive and mainly use my phone for communication, sometimes may take few pictures but I always have them back up into google+. I had the Galaxy Nexus before the Maxx so I already new what is to live without sd card... On a side note I was somehow able to manipulate the order online and was able to keep unlimited data.
    09-19-2013 08:17 PM