I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing the device heating up. Not the normal warmth from using I'm talking battery temp at 111 degrees. When not doing anything on it? Wondering if I should get a new one since I'm in the first 14 still? Thoughts. Thanks.
    09-16-2013 02:33 PM
    I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing the device heating up. Not the normal warmth from using I'm talking battery temp at 111 degrees. When not doing anything on it? Wondering if I should get a new one since I'm in the first 14 still? Thoughts. Thanks.
    Do a restore. If it still heat's up then take it back.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-16-2013 02:34 PM
    OK cool I'll try that. All my apps and stuff should be backed up right ?
    09-16-2013 02:38 PM
    OK cool I'll try that. All my apps and stuff should be backed up right ?
    Personally since you're in 14 days I wouldn't even hassle with a restore. I'd just take it back. Just me though.

09-16-2013 02:46 PM
    Check your batter stats. You could have an app that is discharging your battery heavily even though you think it's off. But if everything looks normal, replace your phone immediately. If a Li-ion battery gets uncomfortably hot, it's a sign you've got a faulty one and you shouldn't mess around with it. At best it can fry your internal hardware; at worst it can fry you.

Are you experiencing inconsistent and/or poor battery life?
    09-16-2013 02:48 PM
    That's what I was thinking too
    09-16-2013 02:48 PM
    Yes my battery isn't great like everyone else claims theirs is. And I close all my apps
    Check your batter stats. You could have an app that is discharging your battery heavily even though you think it's off. But if everything looks normal, replace your phone immediately. If a Li-ion battery gets uncomfortably hot, it's a sign you've got a faulty one and you shouldn't mess around with it. At best it can fry your internal hardware; at worst it can fry you.

09-16-2013 02:53 PM

Yes. Makes the most sense for sure.

09-16-2013 03:03 PM
    Is battery temp of 106 degrees while charging normal? I have not had it get this hot before.
    09-18-2013 05:50 PM
    Is battery temp of 106 degrees while charging normal? I have not had it get this hot before.
    I'm wondering that my self .. Mine is reaching 109 during charge.

10-04-2013 04:24 AM
    Heavy use while charging could heat up the processor, its heat would be tranfered to the battery and would increase the battery's temperature. Actual phones' CPUs have allowed temperatures up to 90C (194F).

The Li-Ion battery's allowed temperature is for discharging up to 60C (140F) and for charging up to 45C (113F).

But note, if the battery remains within its allowed range that means it doesn't represent any danger. But high temperatures will decrease the battery's life cycle span.
    Chaddinho likes this.
    10-04-2013 05:15 AM
    Resurrecting this old thread I found while searching...

Phone and battery have been flawless. Installed Instagram yesterday (mostly to monitor my daughter) and played around searching feeds for 20+ minutes. Next thing I now the battery is on fire. Installed battery temp app and it was 112. I restarted phone.

This morning installed and tried out some new clock/weather apps, again it got really hot, this time 115. This is a first for me. I didn't think I was doing anything special. Put phone down and I came back and it had cooled to 85.

I've watched netflix movies and never noticed this kind of heat. Is this normal?
    01-04-2014 10:41 AM