Hi.....anyone out here using their Moto X with a bluetooth car kit like the Motorola Roadster, Parrot, etc?
    Would love to know how MotoAssist works while paired as well as the touchless control features with voice commands
    Not sure if it's completely handsfree or if you still need to press something on the unit to wake-up bluetooth or if you can just speak and the phone wakes-up the BT car kit
    Thanks in advance
    Rigelian likes this.
    09-16-2013 05:14 PM
    Hi.....anyone out here using their Moto X with a bluetooth car kit like the Motorola Roadster, Parrot, etc?
    Would love to know how MotoAssist works while paired as well as the touchless control features with voice commands
    Not sure if it's completely handsfree or if you still need to press something on the unit to wake-up bluetooth or if you can just speak and the phone wakes-up the BT car kit
    Thanks in advance
    I use roadster in my car ..touch less controls work without having to press any button ..just saying OK Google now activates the phone ..

Posted via Android Central App
    09-16-2013 05:28 PM
    AWESOME!!!.......TY for letting me know
    If I could ask 2 questions how MotoAssist works when a text arrives.....
    1) I know it's supposed to speak who the message is from but does it also speak the message itself?
    2) Does it allow you or prompt you to respond to the message after it speaks or do you have to start a new message using voice command "OK GOOGLE NOW" if you want to reply?
    Lastly, using the Roadster, does the Moto X hear the voice commands well when driving at highway speeds
    09-16-2013 05:51 PM
    AWESOME!!!.......TY for letting me know
    If I could ask 2 questions how MotoAssist works when a text arrives.....
    1) I know it's supposed to speak who the message is from but does it also speak the message itself?

2) Does it allow you or prompt you to respond to the message after it speaks or do you have to start a new message using voice command "OK GOOGLE NOW" if you want to reply?

Lastly, using the Roadster, does the Moto X hear the voice commands well when driving at highway speeds
    For 1)yes, It does when you say yes , it does ask you to read out th emessage or not
    2) There is a option to automatically send a message "im driving will get back to you soon" or you can say ok google and send a message.
    3) It does work pretty accurately for me, Its a joy to request and play songs, ask for weather forecast, scores, and directions.
    it works better and consistently if your windows are closed and there is no loud background music
    09-16-2013 07:51 PM
    For 1)yes, It does when you say yes , it does ask you to read out th emessage or not
    2) There is a option to automatically send a message "im driving will get back to you soon" or you can say ok google and send a message.
    3) It does work pretty accurately for me, Its a joy to request and play songs, ask for weather forecast, scores, and directions.
    it works better and consistently if your windows are closed and there is no loud background music
    Hi and thank you again for your help
    To clarify, if you have your Moto X set to read incoming text messages, when it's finished speaking the message does it ask you if you want to reply to it or does it end there and then you need to request a new message to be dictated?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi and thank you again for your help
    To clarify, if you have your Moto X set to read incoming text messages, when it's finished speaking the message does it ask you if you want to reply to it or does it end there and then you need to request a new message to be dictated?
    09-16-2013 08:37 PM