Problems with making calls

dcrimmy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I've been loving just about everything about this phone. The only problem I'm having is with the "proximity sensor". At least that's what I think it is. 8 times out of 10, when I make a call, the screen just goes black on me. I have it in my hand, I scroll to the person I want to call and hit the call button and the screen immediately goes black, like it does when you put it up to your ear. And it stays that way until a few seconds after the other person hangs up. The call goes through fine, but I'm not able to access the phone in any way to look for info, hang up, turn volume up or down etc. It just goes black. I've tried moving it around, hitting the power button to wake it up, etc but nothing works. A few seconds after they hang up, I'm able to hit the power button to access the phone again.

I haven't seen anything online about people having this problem, but maybe I'm just not searching for the right phrase.

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I've been loving just about everything about this phone. The only problem I'm having is with the "proximity sensor". At least that's what I think it is. 8 times out of 10, when I make a call, the screen just goes black on me. I have it in my hand, I scroll to the person I want to call and hit the call button and the screen immediately goes black, like it does when you put it up to your ear. And it stays that way until a few seconds after the other person hangs up. The call goes through fine, but I'm not able to access the phone in any way to look for info, hang up, turn volume up or down etc. It just goes black. I've tried moving it around, hitting the power button to wake it up, etc but nothing works. A few seconds after they hang up, I'm able to hit the power button to access the phone again.

I haven't seen anything online about people having this problem, but maybe I'm just not searching for the right phrase.

I've seen several posts about this problem. In fact, there is a few older posts claiming this problem. As for a fix, I am unsure because I haven't ran into this problem yet.

Posted via Android Central App

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a screen protector on the phone? The proximity sensor may be blocked.

Sent from my Moto X

Removing the screen protector has been the fix for most if not for all of the cases/posts that complained about this problem

dcrimmy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a screen protector on the phone? The proximity sensor may be blocked.

Sent from my Moto X

You know what, it still has the factory screen protector on it. I was leaving it on till I got my proper protectors in the mail. That seems obvious now. I just cut that corner off and tried a call and it worked. That was probably it. I wonder if that also has something to do with why the quick capture sometimes doesn't work.

Thanks!

Anopy1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I found that just a bit of my case was covering the sensor. I was able to snip just a tiny piece off of it and it has worked perfectly since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007