09-22-2013 08:28 PM
30 12
tools
    I loved it on my galaxy S. I am wondering if:
    1. Is it a battery drain on moto x?
    2. What button would you use to dismiss and open lock screen - can you use a volume button?
    Downloaded it for a quick look. NoLED overrides "Active Notifications" when enabled. Regardless of whether or not active notifications are enabled, the power button does not seem to wake up the phone. It may be in setttings somewhere but I did not check. Volume buttons do work, the home button wakes up the phone and back button removes the notification.

I would think that NoLED would use more battery as it stay's on until you read an email, text, etc. Plus if you have a handful of notifications and are not there to remove them, battery would be impacted in some way.
    09-19-2013 12:36 PM
    Downloaded it for a quick look. NoLED overrides "Active Notifications" when enabled. Regardless of whether or not active notifications are enabled, the power button does not seem to wake up the phone. It may be in setttings somewhere but I did not check. Volume buttons do work, the home button wakes up the phone and back button removes the notification.
    Thanks. Further question then. Since the back/home buttons are GUI buttons, do they turn on when NoLED puts the notification up? So the whole row of buttons is drawn and stays?
    09-19-2013 01:03 PM
    Regardless of whether or not active notifications are enabled, the power button does not seem to wake up the phone.
    that's what happened to me even on a motorola admiral.
    09-19-2013 02:34 PM
    Thanks. Further question then. Since the back/home buttons are GUI buttons, do they turn on when NoLED puts the notification up? So the whole row of buttons is drawn and stays?
    When a notification comes in, the colored box will show up but the back and home buttons will not appear until you tap on the screen. Honestly, I cannot see NoLED being nearly as effective as Active Notifications. Motorola really hit a home run with this feature.
    09-20-2013 12:28 PM
    I use NoLED at night so I can set a timeout for the blinking, so it doesn't flash all night if I'm sleeping, but I'll see it within an hour if I'm not. I still like Active Notifications far better, and get annoyed with NoLED's jumping around all the time or even just not being in the middle if I set the jump time longer. I wish it would stay in one place.

So NoLED sleeps during the day and Active Notifications sleep at night. Active Notifications need more customization for timeout and intervals.
    09-22-2013 08:28 PM
30 12