Has anyone tried NoLED with this phone?

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I loved it on my galaxy S. I am wondering if:
1. Is it a battery drain on moto x?
2. What button would you use to dismiss and open lock screen - can you use a volume button?

inkmantpa

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure why you would use NoLED on the Moto X, when you already have a better implementation of notifications via Active Notifications, that is designed to produce minimal battery drain.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure why you would use NoLED on the Moto X, when you already have a better implementation of notifications via Active Notifications, that is designed to produce minimal battery drain.

Because I want to be able to glance at the phone and see everything pending in an instant. I would rather not wait for however long the active notification pulses to on state to see (like if the phone is on a table and I just glance at it periodically). I assume you can't change the active notification on/off rate? I couldn't find it in menus.

mtndewgood

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
That's one minor complaint I have about active notifications as well.. I'd rather it stay on the screen and bounce around (if burn in is thought to be an issue) like NoLed. I want to glance at my phone to see if there is anything going on, not stare at it for 6 seconds or tap it to check. Really defeats the purpose, but I still dig the phone. It's by no means a deal breaker.

26kick

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Same here. "At a glance" is the key. Active notifications doesn't do that. I'm curious about noLED....

Posted via Android Central App

rajeshr68

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
That's one minor complaint I have about active notifications as well.. I'd rather it stay on the screen and bounce around (if burn in is thought to be an issue) like NoLed. I want to glance at my phone to see if there is anything going on, not stare at it for 6 seconds or tap it to check. Really defeats the purpose, but I still dig the phone. It's by no means a deal breaker.

I would prefer if Active Notifications would allow us to set the blink interval - that would suit my needs extremely well. Would be great to set it at 3/3 instead of 2/6.

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I would prefer if Active Notifications would allow us to set the blink interval - that would suit my needs extremely well. Would be great to set it at 3/3 instead of 2/6.

That's a really good idea. Tapping it to show up doesn't seem to work for me. I leave it face down most of the time anyway so its just flip it and look set it down. I have time for that so its a non issue for me. 3/3 would be nice though.

Posted via my MotoX

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
That's a really good idea. Tapping it to show up doesn't seem to work for me. I leave it face down most of the time anyway so its just flip it and look set it down. I have time for that so its a non issue for me. 3/3 would be nice though.

Posted via my MotoX

try nudging it, seems to work for me.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Still don't understand why people can't wait 6 seconds. 6 freaking seconds... smh

Posted from my brand new, super slim, gorgeous red Droid Ultra

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Still don't understand why people can't wait 6 seconds. 6 freaking seconds... smh

Because in 6 seconds you can pick up the phone, unlock it and check for notifications. The whole idea is that it's faster than doing all of that. If it's slower than just checking manually then it's not a horribly useful feature.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Yep. Nudging the phone or picking up the phone causes the notification(s) to appear for me.

I don't understand why anyone would want NoLED

A lot of times when i'm at my computer i've already gotten used to the bre...um...what do i call it...when the clock comes on lol. so when it comes on i'm not really looking at it, but with an LED it catches your attention.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Because in 6 seconds you can pick up the phone, unlock it and check for notifications. The whole idea is that it's faster than doing all of that. If it's slower than just checking manually then it's not a horribly useful feature.

If it's not a horribly useful feature then explain why 99% of people who have the X, Ultra and Maxx say it's one if the two or three best features and that they never want another phone without it.
If you're in a situation where you can't wait six seconds to see if you have a notification, then you probably shouldn't be using your phone anyway

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
A lot of times when i'm at my computer i've already gotten used to the bre...um...what do i call it...when the clock comes on lol. so when it comes on i'm not really looking at it, but with an LED it catches your attention.

If the clock is coming on without you interacting with the phone then you have a notification. It's not just gonna breathe if there isn't a notification. So any time it breathes then it should get your attention. If not then you're doing something wrong

mtndewgood

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
If it's not a horribly useful feature then explain why 99% of people who have the X, Ultra and Maxx say it's one if the two or three best features and that they never want another phone without it.
If you're in a situation where you can't wait six seconds to see if you have a notification, then you probably shouldn't be using your phone anyway

Lol, why you feel the need to berate another person's preference is beyond me..

defensive much..

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
If the clock is coming on without you interacting with the phone then you have a notification. It's not just gonna breathe if there isn't a notification. So any time it breathes then it should get your attention. If not then you're doing something wrong

oh man, got it. It must have been just coming on because of movement for some reason or another. that's so funny. :D.

I get what you guys? are saying about wanting faster rate though, I?m with *you* it?s a certain type of feeling that something *might* be on the phone.

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I've not used NoLED, but a buddy does. The difference I see is noLED shows all notifications at once. Active Notifications just seems to pick a random one.

Is there a way to switch? Let's say I have a Facebook notification and a SMS and an email one. The Facebook one is the only one I can tap on. Is there a way for me to tap on the other ones it lists below it? That's the one issue I am having with Active Notifications. It's totally awesome when you have a single notification, but less helpful when you have multiple ones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc