Has anyone tried NoLED with this phone?

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I've not used NoLED, but a buddy does. The difference I see is noLED shows all notifications at once. Active Notifications just seems to pick a random one.

Is there a way to switch? Let's say I have a Facebook notification and a SMS and an email one. The Facebook one is the only one I can tap on. Is there a way for me to tap on the other ones it lists below it? That's the one issue I am having with Active Notifications. It's totally awesome when you have a single notification, but less helpful when you have multiple ones.

In you example the Facebook notification came after the SMS and email. Only the most recent notification is selectable on the Active Notifications screen.

I'm hoping they update the functionality of this in a future update.

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
In you example the Facebook notification came after the SMS and email. Only the most recent notification is selectable on the Active Notifications screen.

I'm hoping they update the functionality of this in a future update.

Yeah, I hope they do. It's a killer feature, it really is. Maybe if you have multiple ones the swipe right just clears the top one...

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Because in 6 seconds you can pick up the phone, unlock it and check for notifications. The whole idea is that it's faster than doing all of that. If it's slower than just checking manually then it's not a horribly useful feature.
You can still do all of this anyway. You don't have to wait for Active Notifications to give you permission.

But in a perfect world your screen would just always display your notifications, right? Or you could at least set it to rapid-fire and have a techno party in a dark room.

I get that some people are distressed by this "problem," but I don't understand why it's so hard to just pick up your phone and do whatever it is you need to do that can't wait 6 seconds.

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Still don't understand why people can't wait 6 seconds. 6 freaking seconds... smh

6 seconds is too long if the phone is lying face up on a table and you walk by. With a real LED a simple glance is enough to see if you have a notification or alert.

The lack of real LED joins lack of external sdcard and lack of user replaceable battery as reasons the X probably won't be what I replace my ageing Atrix2 with. Too bad because I really hate the size of the alternatives.

rajeshr68

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
6 seconds is too long if the phone is lying face up on a table and you walk by. With a real LED a simple glance is enough to see if you have a notification or alert.

The lack of real LED joins lack of external sdcard and lack of user replaceable battery as reasons the X probably won't be what I replace my ageing Atrix2 with. Too bad because I really hate the size of the alternatives.

The Galaxy S4 Mini would seem to fit the bill for you quite well! I used to think the same way, but for my needs I've realized that replaceable battery isn't as high on my list. Moving my stuff to the cloud has alleviated the need for an external SD card (although I think 32GB is still the minimum for me) and Active Notifications is a good replacement for a LED.

Hopefully you find a device that works for you. For me, the size of the Moto X and the near stock Android experience were the prime drivers!

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I loved it on my galaxy S. I am wondering if:
1. Is it a battery drain on moto x?
2. What button would you use to dismiss and open lock screen - can you use a volume button?

Downloaded it for a quick look. NoLED overrides "Active Notifications" when enabled. Regardless of whether or not active notifications are enabled, the power button does not seem to wake up the phone. It may be in setttings somewhere but I did not check. Volume buttons do work, the home button wakes up the phone and back button removes the notification.

I would think that NoLED would use more battery as it stay's on until you read an email, text, etc. Plus if you have a handful of notifications and are not there to remove them, battery would be impacted in some way.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded it for a quick look. NoLED overrides "Active Notifications" when enabled. Regardless of whether or not active notifications are enabled, the power button does not seem to wake up the phone. It may be in setttings somewhere but I did not check. Volume buttons do work, the home button wakes up the phone and back button removes the notification.

Thanks. Further question then. Since the back/home buttons are GUI buttons, do they turn on when NoLED puts the notification up? So the whole row of buttons is drawn and stays?

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Further question then. Since the back/home buttons are GUI buttons, do they turn on when NoLED puts the notification up? So the whole row of buttons is drawn and stays?

When a notification comes in, the colored box will show up but the back and home buttons will not appear until you tap on the screen. Honestly, I cannot see NoLED being nearly as effective as Active Notifications. Motorola really hit a home run with this feature.

sequoia462

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I use NoLED at night so I can set a timeout for the blinking, so it doesn't flash all night if I'm sleeping, but I'll see it within an hour if I'm not. I still like Active Notifications far better, and get annoyed with NoLED's jumping around all the time or even just not being in the middle if I set the jump time longer. I wish it would stay in one place.

So NoLED sleeps during the day and Active Notifications sleep at night. Active Notifications need more customization for timeout and intervals.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc