09-22-2013 09:11 PM
27 12
tools
    Do you use the keyboard that came with the phone or did you change it. What the best keyboards out there.
    09-18-2013 03:26 PM
    I use SwiftKey

Sent from my XT1060
    09-18-2013 03:33 PM
    Do you use the keyboard that came with the phone or did you change it. What the best keyboards out there.
    I only love Flesky and the Google keyboard
    I had swiftkey. Its alright.
    09-18-2013 03:34 PM
    I've used the stock keyboard, Swype and SwiftKey. I prefer SwiftKey.
    09-18-2013 03:45 PM
    SwiftKey. Hands down.

Sent from my Hyperdriven SCH-I545 Dev Edition using Tapatalk 4.
    09-18-2013 03:52 PM
    Search for jelly bean 4.3 keyboard. Its built on stock Google code but has swiftkey customization options.

I can't stand how inaccurate swiftkey is at swipe recognition.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-18-2013 06:06 PM
    Swype

then SwiftKey
    09-18-2013 06:14 PM
    Swype

then SwiftKey
    Swype is the best minus the lag I get every time I use it. I can't stand that it has no customization options either. Best word recognition is top notch

09-18-2013 06:21 PM
    Swype is the best minus the lag I get every time I use it. I can't stand that it has no customization options either. Best word recognition is top notch
    What do you mean no customization options? There are different keyboard themes and it will sync with your Gmail, Facebook, and Twitter. What else do you need? I'm not experiencing any lag with it on my Moto X, either.

09-18-2013 07:30 PM
    What do you mean no customization options? There are different keyboard themes and it will sync with your Gmail, Facebook, and Twitter. What else do you need? I'm not experiencing any lag with it on my Moto X, either.

You can't change the long press duration or the desired keyboard size. No emoji..

The keyboard will run good when it's initially installed for me then shortly after when I pull up a text im waiting for the keyboard to pop up while the app is stalled momentarily compared to stock or swiftkey. Also if I'm typing really fast the keyboard starts to hang with mini freezes. I thought at first install on the moto x that I finally had a phone that can handle the keyboard (coming from nexus 4) but seems to be the same

09-18-2013 08:12 PM
    I like Swiftkey- especially the themes. But I tried Swype shortly after and I personally am faster and more accurate with Swype. So that's what I'm using now.

There's a few things I wish I could customize about both but they're both great apps.

Swiftkey is amazing at *next* word prediction, but I don't like how it handles punctuation (!.?) Plus I ended up with double spaces and more incorrect words.

Swype is the best at swipe typing.

Try the trials of a couple of apps, I'm sure one will fit your style.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 4
    09-18-2013 08:17 PM
    Im currently using stock keyboard on my moto x.I have used other keyboards in the past tho .

Not sent by you
    09-19-2013 06:40 AM
    Personally I agree with using the stock keyboard. I'm a gesture typist and I find it's accuracy with that method to be better than swiftkey, though swiftkey's word prediction and tap accuracy were better when I used it that way. I definitely like the customization options of swiftkey so I keep trying it out occasionally.
    09-19-2013 06:43 AM
    I'm a Swype user but got frustrated with it not recognising words so I am trying Swiftey on the 1m free trial. I don't think it is any better to be honest, so I probably won't be buying it. I will be upgrading from Note 1 to Note 3 next month anyway, I wonder if it's free on that phone? "Swyping" is the way to go for any phone keyboard if they can improve the word prediction. I never use the stylus. It's too much of a hassle to extract it from the phone.
    09-19-2013 06:58 AM
    I like the stock keyboard and SwiftKey. My issue with SwiftKey is that sometimes it is OVER aggressive with the prediction. Changing " Dan" to " Dad" and "of" to "if" and things like that. I would understand if those weren't real words, but if I type a real word, I wish they'd just leave it.
    roadkizzle likes this.
    09-19-2013 08:03 AM
    I use SwiftKey

Sent from my XT1060

+1

Posted via the indispensable Android Central App
    09-19-2013 08:18 AM
    I've used Swype ever since I got my first Android phone. I've tried all the other ones I can but have never found any to work better for my purposes than Swype.
    I almost exclusively use the feature typing and I find Swype to be by far the most accurate.
    09-19-2013 08:48 AM
    stock keyboard is my preference. i tried swype and swiftkey, just not for me. the prediction speed is the same as google keyboard, i didnt see a huge difference.
    09-19-2013 09:02 AM
    I use the stock keyboard as well, I also like the Motorola opted to make the stock keyboard able to be updated via the play store. I used to previously use swype but I currently feel the stock is "good enough" that I don't need to switch back.
    09-19-2013 10:24 AM
    SwiftKey, for two main reasons:
    1. It provides a nice row of arrow keys
    2. The numbers are arranged in a standard keypad configuration, not just a row of numbers
    09-19-2013 08:33 PM
    I'm a Swype user but got frustrated with it not recognising words so I am trying Swiftey on the 1m free trial. I don't think it is any better to be honest, so I probably won't be buying it. I will be upgrading from Note 1 to Note 3 next month anyway, I wonder if it's free on that phone? "Swyping" is the way to go for any phone keyboard if they can improve the word prediction. I never use the stylus. It's too much of a hassle to extract it from the phone.
    SwiftKey gets better as it learns you. After a while you'll begin to think it's Reading your mind.

Sent from my Hyperdriven SCH-I545 Dev Edition using Tapatalk 4.
    09-19-2013 08:45 PM
    SwiftKey is what I'm currently using.

Swype had a better keyboard, but it has one major deal-breaker. They don't use Google for their voice dictation. They use dragon. It's horrible compared to Google.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-19-2013 10:17 PM
    I use the stock keyboard as well, I also like the Motorola opted to make the stock keyboard able to be updated via the play store. I used to previously use swype but I currently feel the stock is "good enough" that I don't need to switch back.
    It's like that for all phones now, lol :P
    09-19-2013 10:54 PM
    Hey I'm coming from a Bionic here so I'm a bit out of the loop with how the newer android builds are designed :-P
    09-20-2013 08:10 AM
    SlideIT works wonderfull on it. I had it on my old Optimus S and CM10 on my Touchpad, and it was, kinda crappy. The new version 7 on this phone is smooth and works really well. I hardly remember my old keypad on my Pre and Treo's I owned and used over the last 10 years. (added wave launcher and the phone is close to my old Pre 2 Only thing missing is swiping to go back and to cards multiasker).

I have the SlideIT using the stock keyboard and the sliding action and word predictibilty works quite well. There very few times I had to correct it. It was more accurate than my screen pressing or using text to speech.

I now feel the purchase of that app 30 moths ago is worth it now.
    09-22-2013 08:35 AM
27 12