I have run into a problem today with my Moto X. It won't charge. I've tried 3 different charging cables including the stock cable and it will charge for a minute or so and then stop charging. The phone/plug are both getting very warm. Has anyone else run into this issue? I'm thinking I'm taking it back to Verizon tomorrow and exchanging for a new unit. Other options?
    09-18-2013 11:21 PM
    Take it back

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX
    09-18-2013 11:26 PM
    hey, mine started to do the same thing just the other day. nothing works:

> different cables
    > different wall plugs
    > charging from a laptop/computer

i tried soft reset, checked for latest software, no dice.

it used to charge very well before this. suddenly something happened this weekend where it stopped.

i let it completely drain until it died once this weekend - after that, i had trouble charging. related? coincidence?
    10-16-2013 07:14 PM
    Mine is new and just started that. Plus my phone wont turn off when i turn it off all it does is restart. It did that from day 1 this is only day 3. will send back to verizon . I have the developers ed.
    02-23-2014 05:33 AM
    hey, mine started to do the same thing just the other day. nothing works:

> different cables
    > different wall plugs
    > charging from a laptop/computer

i tried soft reset, checked for latest software, no dice.

it used to charge very well before this. suddenly something happened this weekend where it stopped.

i let it completely drain until it died once this weekend - after that, i had trouble charging. related? coincidence?
    Not the answer to your question, but my experience with Motorola phones has always been that they won't charge from a laptop/computer (or any other USB port from another device) if the phone is run all the way down to ~2% or under. Not sure if it's a design element for the battery or something else, but if you run it down really low, it takes the high mAmp charger to at least get it started.
    02-24-2014 11:57 AM
    Hey i just found this thread. Im on my 2nd moto x and it's doing the same thing. Anyone find a cause or solution?
    03-27-2014 12:01 AM
    I have run into a problem today with my Moto X. It won't charge. I've tried 3 different charging cables including the stock cable and it will charge for a minute or so and then stop charging. The phone/plug are both getting very warm. Has anyone else run into this issue? I'm thinking I'm taking it back to Verizon tomorrow and exchanging for a new unit. Other options?
    Try a different charger all together or try charging other devices off those cables to see if they work. If what you plug into the wall is having issues and its surging, then the phone is cutting itself off from receiving power to protect itself.
    03-27-2014 01:33 AM
    I used three different charging sources and it will take a charge. I powered off and battery is so low it will not power on. It is only two months old!
    08-27-2015 11:52 AM
    Check your phone's charging/data port for foreign objects: lint, dust, etc...
    08-27-2015 03:30 PM