I've noticed, in Google calendar, also on quick office, that when you install them from the market, they don't replace their old apps. For some reason the play store doesn't recognize them as an update. Then your left with multiple apps of the same in your app tray. Any ideas to fix this issue other than just running with what came on the phone?
    09-20-2013 11:00 AM
    Disable in Settings-Apps the ones you dont want - they will disappear from the app drawer

Posted via Android Central App
    dajobo likes this.
    09-20-2013 11:08 AM
    that shouldn't happen with Google calender but i understand Quick Office.

the reason why it happens is because the app is signed by two different key.
    the app on your device is signed to be used by just Motorola and the playstore is signed with another key so it act as 2 application.

like said above you can disable the app on settings
    dajobo likes this.
    09-20-2013 11:21 AM
    that shouldn't happen with Google calender but i understand Quick Office.

the reason why it happens is because the app is signed by two different key.
    the app on your device is signed to be used by just Motorola and the playstore is signed with another key so it act as 2 application.

like said above you can disable the app on settings
    The pre-installed Google calendar and the one from the play store do that too

09-20-2013 11:44 AM
    The pre-installed Google calendar and the one from the play store do that too

i think you are right. its not part of gapps so it might be signed by motorola
    09-20-2013 11:54 AM