11-04-2013 01:28 PM
239 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Looks like the iPhone takes that one!
    I see more content on the iPhone.
    09-22-2013 09:56 PM
    Takes that one what?

Sent from my Moto X...or S4...or iPhone (but probably not)
    More readable content.
    09-22-2013 09:56 PM
    Looks like the iPhone takes that one!
    Are you kidding me? The Moto X clearly has more screen space.
    09-22-2013 09:58 PM
    More readable content.
    Um...OK. I think you missed the part about USEABLE screen space...not more content.

09-22-2013 09:58 PM
    Tapatalk on Android has much more space between the end of a quoted post and the beginning on new content.
    return_0 and Devlyn16 like this.
    09-22-2013 10:00 PM
    Um...OK. I think you missed the part about USEABLE screen space...not more content.

If the iPhone is showing more content, then how is it not more usable in that instance?
    09-22-2013 10:00 PM
    Are you kidding me?

I kid you not! The iPhone shows more content.
    09-22-2013 10:01 PM
    I kid you not! The iPhone shows more content.
    That's because of app design, not physical space...
    09-22-2013 10:05 PM
    That's because of app design, not physical space...
    Whatever the reason, the iPhone shows more content.
    09-22-2013 10:06 PM
    If the iPhone is showing more content, then how is it not more usable in that instance?
    Man, look at the freaking screen. I've got them even at the bottom...and this is at the top of the nav bar on the Moto X. Even then its taller than the iPhone screen, let alone much wider. If you can't admit the Moto X has more usable space than the iPhone, you need to take off your fanboy glasses.

GadgetGator likes this.
    09-22-2013 10:07 PM
    Man, look at the freaking screen. I've got them even at the bottom...and this is at the top of the nav bar on the Moto X. Even then its taller than the iPhone screen, let alone much wider. If you can't admit the Moto X has more usable space than the iPhone, you need to take off your fanboy glasses.

I admit that the X has a bigger screen, but there is more content on the i5 screen. It shouldn't be that way.
    09-22-2013 10:10 PM
    you need to take off your fanboy glasses.
    I don't wear any. FWIW, I am using a X.
    09-22-2013 10:12 PM
    I admit that the X has a bigger screen, but there is more content on the i5 screen. It shouldn't be that way.
    That could be because of Tapatalk (I honestly don't know). Obviously the same app but also completely different on both platforms.

09-22-2013 10:14 PM
    I don't wear any. FWIW, I am using a X.
    Yeah, I apologize for that. I shouldn't have said that.

09-22-2013 10:15 PM
    That could be because of Tapatalk (I honestly don't know). Obviously the same app but also completely different on both platforms.

I don't know, either. As I said, it shouldn't be that way. But your picture is worth a thousand words!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I apologize for that. I shouldn't have said that.

Not a problem.
    KentuckyHouse likes this.
    09-22-2013 10:16 PM
    Wow. I've never seen so many people trying to figure out who's weiner is bigger in a thread on friggin' phones in my life. I've been on these forums forever, but seriously, this is pathetic. You are arguing about 0.4-ish inches of usable space and which phone can talk and surf at the same time. On the grand scheme of things, who the H E L L cares? Why do people get so up in arms about phones?!? Use what you like, what you prefer, and what makes you happy. Why do you care why people like something other than you? I don't want to live in a world where we all like/use the same thing.

I love Android, and I understand why people like iOS. FWIW I have a Dev Edition X coming my way, so I'm on the Android side of things. But this thread is ridiculous!
    09-22-2013 10:19 PM
    You will find this to be true in many circumstances. Use if space is much better in iOS.
    09-22-2013 10:20 PM
    You will find this to be true in many circumstances. Use if space is much better in iOS.
    cool, but having a good usage of space doesnt help me when i am on a 45 min call and cant receive any emails (on verizon) or load any web page on the iphone, like i said, not being able to do so, is pathetic.
    09-22-2013 10:23 PM
    cool, but having a good usage of space doesnt help me when i am on a 45 min call and cant receive any emails (on verizon) or load any web page, like i said, bot being able to do so, is pathetic.
    Completely agree.
    09-22-2013 10:24 PM
    that and the much smaller iphone 5 screen, made me move to the moto x and im loving it ;-)
    09-22-2013 10:26 PM
    Wow. I've never seen so many people trying to figure out who's weiner is bigger
    That's not a fight that I am getting into, because I would lose!
    festinator likes this.
    09-22-2013 10:26 PM
    cracked me on this one....
    09-22-2013 10:29 PM
    The iPhone won't. It's an iPhone hardware limitation. The S4, Moto X, HTC One, LG G2 and countless others can do simultaneous LTE and Voice on every network.

The iPhone cannot and has never been able to do simultaneous voice + LTE on any network.

The iPhone can do simultaneous Voice + HSPA on AT&T, which AT&T claims is 4G, but it is NOT LTE.
    Semantics. The statement you quoted was talking about LTE+Voice. Which the iPhone cannot do.
    Not on ATT. The reason why this works on Verizon has to do with CDMA. The LTE antenna connects to Verizon's network while the CDMA radio connects to Verizon's voice at the same time on the other antenna. Verizon had to build a separate LTE network because they used CDMA in the first place. Verizon's LTE and Voice are also two different technologies.

Remember that LTE is built off GSM technology so ATT and other GSM networks do not have a separate voice network to fall back upon.

When you make a phone call on a GSM network once connected to the cell tower the circuit will switch you to HSPA. Even if you had a second Antenna on the iPhone 5, if the GSM tower still does it fallback, it still will be HSPA only.

Here is a primer guide on this situation.

3G and 4G Wireless Blog: Circuit Switched Fallback (CSFB): A Quick Primer
    09-22-2013 10:37 PM
    Not on ATT. The reason why this works on Verizon has to do with CDMA. The LTE antenna connects to Verizon's network while the CDMA radio connects to Verizon's voice at the same time on the other antenna. Verizon had to build a separate LTE network because they used CDMA in the first place. Verizon's LTE and Voice are also two different technologies.

Remember that LTE is built off GSM technology so ATT and other GSM networks do not have a separate voice network to fall back upon.

When you make a phone call on a GSM network once connected to the cell tower the circuit will switch you to HSPA. Even if you had a second Antenna on the iPhone 5, if the GSM tower still does it fallback, it still will be HSPA only.

Here is a primer guide on this situation.

3G and 4G Wireless Blog: Circuit Switched Fallback (CSFB): A Quick Primer
    Are you trying to say that AT&T doesn't support simultaneous Voice + LTE on any phone? I didn't know that.
    09-22-2013 10:41 PM
    I have to agree that this thread has taken a vector way off from the OP's post about the 5s camera. You love a phone because of what you want it to do for you. Everybody has their reason for buying the phone they have and if they don't like it they return it. I don't care so much about the camera specs, I have an SLR for that. Screen size, the 5s 4.0 vs Moto x 4.7 should not be in the conversation even with the Moto X buttons on the screen. HTC One and Moto X have the same screen size but the One is 1/3" taller which for me was a deal breaker. All Apple did was make the 5/5s taller to get 4.0, the width is the same 2.31 which makes it seem out of proportion. As far as talking and surfing I'm curious to see how many people actually surf the web while on a phone call. Personally it is low on the totem pole for me.

Again that's me, your mileage may vary.
    return_0 likes this.
    09-22-2013 10:53 PM
239 ... 34567 ...