Picked up the 5s today.

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Hilarious thread! 3 pages into it and we still have no idea why the OP thinks the iPhone 5s has such a great camera. It just goes to show that you can start a thread with a few simple words saying nothing and it will fly for a while.

O.P., what is it about the iPhone 5s camera that makes it better than the Moto X camera?

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
But you don't come on here and call people names. Just because he said something that may or may not be true, and you don't agree with his opinion, is not a reason to call him a moron. Chill out!

BTW, he is correct about the webpage.

Correct about the webpage? In width too? Cause the Moto X looks wider to me in the photo posted ealier in this thread.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
You realize, with the button bar on the Moto X, the usable screen space is pretty much identical...right?

When it matters, such as when I'm playing games, watching YouTube videos or on-device videos, the buttons disappear. And as a result, I have a MUCH larger amount of screen than the iPhone.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
When it matters, such as when I'm playing games, watching YouTube videos or on-device videos, the buttons disappear. And as a result, I have a MUCH larger amount of screen than the iPhone.
A lot of games I played turned the buttons into dots, they didn't go away. YouTube does go to full screen though, which is nice.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Hilarious thread! 3 pages into it and we still have no idea why the OP thinks the iPhone 5s has such a great camera. It just goes to show that you can start a thread with a few simple words saying nothing and it will fly for a while.

O.P., what is it about the iPhone 5s camera that makes it better than the Moto X camera?

Because it is, hands down. The Moto X camera is flat out BAD. I do not own a single crApple product, never have, never will. That said, only a blind fanboi would call the Moto X camera good. It's less than decent, and mostly vomit worthy.

This point has not been lost on a single review, and is ahot topic in Google+. Even Moto knows the camera blows.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Because it is, hands down. The Moto X camera is flat out BAD. I do not own a single crApple product, never have, never will. That said, only a blind fanboi would call the Moto X camera good. It's less than decent, and mostly vomit worthy.

This point has not been lost on a single review, and is ahot topic in Google+. Even Moto knows the camera blows.

Which makes this thread even more pointless.

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
20% is not "slightly larger" , you have seen the comparison photo posted, anyways, good luck to you with whatever phone you really have. out.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
20% is not "slightly larger" , you have seen the comparison photo posted, anyways, good luck to you with whatever phone you really have. out.
Avoidance. Quickest way to proclaim ignorance. Just to be clear, are you stating that the usable screen space on the Moto X is 20% greater than the iPhone? Do you have a reference for that figure?

I calculate about 5% larger diagonal (10% total area) with the Moto X, comparing usable screen space, of course.

Last edited:

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
comparing usable screen space

What the hell is "usable screen space"? Every bit of the screen space on the Moto X is "usable" in some way, including the navigation and notification bars. They both have specific, dedicated uses. Furthermore, those bars aren't always present, so if you're counting those in your measurements, then that's not an accurate assessment of the screen space.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
What the hell is "usable screen space"? Every bit of the screen space on the Moto X is "usable" in some way, including the navigation and notification bars. They both have specific, dedicated uses. Furthermore, those bars aren't always present, so if you're counting those in your measurements, then that's not an accurate assessment of the screen space.
Dedicated screen space for buttons is not usable. I understand they go away for some games and videos, but the rest of the time...there they are. Using valuable screen space for buttons is one of the worst design decisions Google has made (its absolutely horrendous on a Nexus 7 in landscape mode). I much preferred the capacitive touch buttons.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Dedicated screen space for buttons is not usable.

Except that the screen space is used...for buttons. People use that part of the screen when they press the buttons. You do understand what the word "usable" means, right? Saying that part of the screen is "not usable" suggests that it's completely dead--no buttons, no display, nothing at all.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If I were going to put some math down to compare the screen areas... I'd say that the Moto X has a screen area of 9.44" and the 5s has an area of 6.84", thus the Moto X is 38% larger in terms of area.
It's almost exactly 17.5% taller and 17.5% wider, given that they're both 16:9 devices.

Moto X screen 4.1"*2.3"=9.44"
iPhone 5s screen 3.49"&1.96"=6.84"
9.44"-6.84"=2.6"
2.6"/6.84"=38%

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
^the usable space (space for user content) is not .6" taller on the Moto X. If you do your math right, you'll come up with around 10% area.

You can't count button space because its not usable...they are just dumb buttons, you can't put icons there, or web page content, or emails, etc.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Avoidance. Quickest way to proclaim ignorance. Just to be clear, are you stating that the usable screen space on the Moto X is 20% greater than the iPhone? Do you have a reference for that figure?

I calculate about 5% larger diagonal (10% total area) with the Moto X, comparing usable screen space, of course.

I calculated the screen space of the Moto X when the buttons are subtracted, based on the number of pixels taken up by the buttons (just to double-check, I also physically measured it with a ruler). It would have a 4.57" screen. That's 32.8% more total area than the iPhone.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I calculated the screen space of the Moto X when the buttons are subtracted, based on the number of pixels taken up by the buttons (just to double-check, I also physically measured it with a ruler). It would have a 4.57" screen. That's 32.8% more total area.
No way is the area above the buttons 4.57" diagonal. Its closer to 4.2"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante