Picked up the 5s today.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Why is this in an android category? Ac has forums just for iOS and other operating systems. There was no need for this to be in the moto x forum.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Because it is, hands down. The Moto X camera is flat out BAD. I do not own a single crApple product, never have, never will. That said, only a blind fanboi would call the Moto X camera good. It's less than decent, and mostly vomit worthy.

This point has not been lost on a single review, and is ahot topic in Google+. Even Moto knows the camera blows.

I can only assume that you are way too angry to explain yourself or you have a problem communicating. "Because it is" is not a reason for something being better or worse than something else. You can't name one thing the iPhone camera does better than the Moto X camera? Or what it is that the Moto X camera does that makes it so bad? It just keeps getting funnier and funnier.......

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Keep the discussion civil and on-topic. This thread has required far too much moderator attention and is close to being closed.

I suggest that all those participating take the time to review the forum rules. Violations will be dealt with in accordance with the AC forum rules.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

Last edited:

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully someone pointed this out but I got tired of reading the BS past the first page. Verizon's LTE network supports data and voice at the same time AS LONG as you have LTE coverage. If you fall back on their 3G/CDMA network, it does not support both. It has nothing to do with the Moto X.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully someone pointed this out but I got tired of reading the BS past the first page. Verizon's LTE network supports data and voice at the same time AS LONG as you have LTE coverage. If you fall back on their 3G/CDMA network, it does not support both. It has nothing to do with the Moto X.

Certain Verizon devices have SVDO support, which allows for simultaneous voice and data over their 3g network. The Thunderbolt had the ability to make calls and use data at the same time over 3G. I believe the Rezound also had this feature. Most Verizon phones don't include this capability.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This is my (much older) Galaxy Nexus and an iPod Touch 5thGen.
1st Pic: Default size for Nav Bar (on screen buttons).
2nd Pic: My everyday usage of a smaller Nav Bar. (Because it's possible)
3rd Pic: Full screen option that I like to use from time to time. (Again, because it's possible)

View attachment 82807View attachment 82806View attachment 82803

hi buddy, would you mind sharing how you did these two?
3rd Pic: Full screen option that I like to use from time to time. (Again, because it's possible)

thank you

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
hi buddy, would you mind sharing how you did these two?

thank you

Paranoid Android and some other ROMs have the ability to change the device configuration to "phablet" mode, (basically the setup of the Nexus 7) and other modes, as well as to directly edit the properties of the navigation and notification bars. Additionally, some navigation bar replacement apps, like "PIE", and some gesture based launchers will allow you to remove the bar entirely. You can also have it "auto hide", put it in different places, etc. That's the best thing about on screen buttons... you can put them wherever you want, remove them, change them, add buttons, take buttons away, replace them, etc.

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Paranoid Android and some other ROMs have the ability to change the device configuration to "phablet" mode, (basically the setup of the Nexus 7) and other modes, as well as to directly edit the properties of the navigation and notification bars. Additionally, some navigation bar replacement apps, like "PIE", and some gesture based launchers will allow you to remove the bar entirely. You can also have it "auto hide", put it in different places, etc. That's the best thing about on screen buttons... you can put them wherever you want, remove them, change them, add buttons, take buttons away, replace them, etc.

since im mainly interested in :2nd Pic: My everyday usage of a smaller Nav Bar, could you please point me in the right direction specifically?
thanks

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
If this update is as good as I am reading then my 4 day old 5s will be pulled out of the game. Boy, I really miss the feel of the Moto X in my hand. My 5s doesn't feel half as good. I knew that the Moto X was great when I was using it but I am coming to appreciate even more the last four days. Camera gets fixed and it's going back in the game. Still pissed about Moto service though.........Been having fun with the 5s though, it does some amazing things.
Well damn. Those fixes are nice. Maybe it's time to step back in to the Moto X game now.

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If this update is as good as I am reading then my 4 day old 5s will be pulled out of the game. Boy, I really miss the feel of the Moto X in my hand. My 5s doesn't feel half as good. I knew that the Moto X was great when I was using it but I am coming to appreciate even more the last four days. Camera gets fixed and it's going back in the game. Still pissed about Moto service though.........Been having fun with the 5s though, it does some amazing things.

see here http://www.droid-life.com/2013/09/23/moto-x-camera-update-new-vs-old/
impressive

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I may just past on the NExus 5 and go back. I loved the size of this phone. All the annoying is moving out.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
since im mainly interested in :2nd Pic: My everyday usage of a smaller Nav Bar, could you please point me in the right direction specifically?
thanks

Check out "ultimate nav bar". If I recall correctly it requires root and busy box to be installed. Check out the development forums for details on rooting, etc and there are a few threads on root method specific to the x.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21