Picked up the 5s today.

yazzinit

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
What logic? Define soon. AT&T and Verizon both are well known for holding up updates for a hellishly long time. So, tell me, when is soon?

Motorola fixed the issues. It's out of their hands and you're blaming them for AT&T and Verizon and other carrers' delay in pushing the update. That makes zero sense, as that occurs with EVERY device on Android not named a Nexus. Apple gets away with pushing updates themselvest because they're a) a big enough company that they can push around carriers, b) because they generate enough revenue alone that they can walk from any major carrier and cause damage to that carrier, and c) they have physical stores dedicated to their products, so that if an update bricks their phone, they'll fix it right there. There's zero incentive for AT&T or Verizon to push an update without thorough testing, as if Moto or Samsung or anyone pushed a glitched update, the carriers are stuck fixing the phones instead of Moto themselves as a Moto store. Apple can do rigorous testing on their own, since they make only that line of phone: the iPhone. Each company is putting out so many phone variations and models, it's not feasible. Motorola fixed the issue. It's in the hands of carriers now, which they have no control over. Try again.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
This thread is like a car wreck. You don't want to look but you can't help yourself and then you feel bad afterwards.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
well ATT soak test invites for the update is out today would'nt be too long before att pushes the update, One week maxx.

Motorola fixed the issues. It's out of their hands and you're blaming them for AT&T and Verizon and other carrers' delay in pushing the update. That makes zero sense, as that occurs with EVERY device on Android not named a Nexus. Apple gets away with pushing updates themselvest because they're a) a big enough company that they can push around carriers, b) because they generate enough revenue alone that they can walk from any major carrier and cause damage to that carrier, and c) they have physical stores dedicated to their products, so that if an update bricks their phone, they'll fix it right there. There's zero incentive for AT&T or Verizon to push an update without thorough testing, as if Moto or Samsung or anyone pushed a glitched update, the carriers are stuck fixing the phones instead of Moto themselves as a Moto store. Apple can do rigorous testing on their own, since they make only that line of phone: the iPhone. Each company is putting out so many phone variations and models, it's not feasible. Motorola fixed the issue. It's in the hands of carriers now, which they have no control over. Try again.

busa2006

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how buying a new phone every two weeks qualifies as "holding tight," but whatever. I'm also not sure why you're waiting for the Nexus 5 if camera quality is that high on your list of priorities. Consumer-oriented features aren't really emphasized on Nexus devices.

totally agree if the camera is all then you should be with the new windows phone Nokia Lumia 1020

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Sprint and Verizon use CDMA ..and CDMA network by design does not support data and voice simultaneously .. this is not fault of any handset .. that's how CDMA was designed .. When Verizon and sprint added 4glte support simultaneous data and voice became possible because the voice calls take place on CDMA network and data transmission on there 4g LTE network this requires special antenna architecture to maintain both CDMA and lte actively ..which iPhone doesn't and most of the android phones have it .

Posted via Android Central App

That weird because I can use both voice and data at the same time while on 3g

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
That weird because I can use both voice and data at the same time while on 3g

It sure is, I've never had any problems using voice over 3g either. Come to think of it, neither has anyone else in my house, and we are all on sprint as well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

It's not fixed, until it's fixed. Doesn't matter whose fault it was. Well, actually, it does, Moto could have not released a phone with a camera so pathetic, that it needed a first month update to fix it.

Any focus group would have told them that this camera is just horrible. It doesn't matter if the carrier is holding up the updates. Updates shouldn't have been needed.

My point still stands, until the camera is fixed, it sucks. It is not fixed until the phone is updated.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The last one that I had was 19-inch and weighed 65 pounds! What a monster! But the picture seemed better than any thin display that I have owned. But I haven't had the newer thin ones.
Yeah I picked up a slightly used hp mini for 75$, and put Mint 15 KDE on it. Runs better than my desktop, I just need to upgrade to 2 gigs of ram, as this was the windows version which Microsoft limited Hp to only putting 1GB in.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I
It's not fixed, until it's fixed. Doesn't matter whose fault it was. Well, actually, it does, Moto could have not released a phone with a camera so pathetic, that it needed a first month update to fix it.

Any focus group would have told them that this camera is just horrible. It doesn't matter if the carrier is holding up the updates. Updates shouldn't have been needed.

My point still stands, until the camera is fixed, it sucks. It is not fixed until the phone is updated.

Apple just now took Siri out of "beta" with the release of iOS 7. That is 3-1/2 years after it was touted as a huge benefit to the iPhone. Yes, the iPhone has a reputation for a fantastic camera in a phone. But it has a static, closed, locked, dull, non-customizable interface/user experience.

What I see time and again with these threads/arguments is the belief that a single manufacturer is supposed to deliver the following:
1) Metallic body
2) Supercomputer level processor
3) 4k resolution screen that is bright enough to blind the astronauts on the ISS
4) 2 TB of storage
5) 8 GB of RAM
6) Star Trek replicator capabilities
7) Built-in mind control device
8) Universal radios to support every worldwide carrier
9) A nuclear power source that won't need recharging for 80 years
10) A $99 off-contract price

In all reality, every manufacturer has to make trade-offs to deliver a product that can be priced for profit and sell in high volume. Apple was first to the table with a truly great formula of user experience and perceived quality. They backed that with unquestioned--and unparalleled--customer service. Everyone has been playing catchup to that formula, and not all have been anywhere near as successful.

That being said, the Moto X delivers all of the things that Android promised for years. A great user experience, a solid battery, a decent screen, a (nearly universally praised) excellent form factor, exceptional customization options (with Motomaker), and (with the impending software fix) a very good camera. This, like any other Android phone and Windows phone and Apple phone has trade-offs. It's a reality and it is inevitable.

Don't like the camera? Think it's crap? Then go buy a damn iPhone 5S and deal with the limitations and problems inherent with that phone and its ecosystem. Seriously. [inappropriate content deleted by moderator] LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Apple just now took Siri out of "beta" with the release of iOS 7. That is 3-1/2 years after it was touted as a huge benefit to the iPhone. Yes, the iPhone has a reputation for a fantastic camera in a phone. But it has a static, closed, locked, dull, non-customizable interface/user experience.

What I see time and again with these threads/arguments is the belief that a single manufacturer is supposed to deliver the following:
1) Metallic body
2) Supercomputer level processor
3) 4k resolution screen that is bright enough to blind the astronauts on the ISS
4) 2 TB of storage
5) 8 GB of RAM
6) Star Trek replicator capabilities
7) Built-in mind control device
8) Universal radios to support every worldwide carrier
9) A nuclear power source that won't need recharging for 80 years
10) A $99 off-contract price

In all reality, every manufacturer has to make trade-offs to deliver a product that can be priced for profit and sell in high volume. Apple was first to the table with a truly great formula of user experience and perceived quality. They backed that with unquestioned--and unparalleled--customer service. Everyone has been playing catchup to that formula, and not all have been anywhere near as successful.

That being said, the Moto X delivers all of the things that Android promised for years. A great user experience, a solid battery, a decent screen, a (nearly universally praised) excellent form factor, exceptional customization options (with Motomaker), and (with the impending software fix) a very good camera. This, like any other Android phone and Windows phone and Apple phone has trade-offs. It's a reality and it is inevitable.

Don't like the camera? Think it's crap? Then go buy a damn iPhone 5S and deal with the limitations and problems inherent with that phone and its ecosystem. Seriously. [inappropriate content deleted by moderator]

Siri was debuted two years ago...

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm tempted by the 5s, but only because I've been using ios7 on my iPad and really like some of the changes they've made. Not sure I could deal with the 1.2" smaller screen though. Here's the good thing: I, like anyone on here, can choose the phone I want. That decision does not affect anyone on here except for me. If I like it? Cool beans. If someone else likes something else? Good for them.

Seriously, why do so many get so offended when someone tries a different os?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk 2

mfdemicco

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I've got a Galaxy Nexus, and am looking to upgrade. The most frustrating thing with this phone is the slow Web browsing. My iPad is almost as fast as my desktop. I'm wondering if the iPhone has faster Web browsing than android.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke