Picked up the 5s today.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Apple just now took Siri out of "beta" with the release of iOS 7. That is 3-1/2 years after it was touted as a huge benefit to the iPhone. Yes, the iPhone has a reputation for a fantastic camera in a phone. But it has a static, closed, locked, dull, non-customizable interface/user experience.

What I see time and again with these threads/arguments is the belief that a single manufacturer is supposed to deliver the following:
1) Metallic body
2) Supercomputer level processor
3) 4k resolution screen that is bright enough to blind the astronauts on the ISS
4) 2 TB of storage
5) 8 GB of RAM
6) Star Trek replicator capabilities
7) Built-in mind control device
8) Universal radios to support every worldwide carrier
9) A nuclear power source that won't need recharging for 80 years
10) A $99 off-contract price

In not paying $99 for that unless I can customize it, that better not be an at&t exclusive.

Posted from my brand new, super slim, gorgeous red Droid Ultra

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've got a Galaxy Nexus, and am looking to upgrade. The most frustrating thing with this phone is the slow Web browsing. My iPad is almost as fast as my desktop. I'm wondering if the iPhone has faster Web browsing than android.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

dolphin browser. fast

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've got a Galaxy Nexus, and am looking to upgrade. The most frustrating thing with this phone is the slow Web browsing. My iPad is almost as fast as my desktop. I'm wondering if the iPhone has faster Web browsing than android.

Which iPad? If it's the 3 or newer then of course it's going to be faster, the internals are much faster. Comparing a tablet to a phone is never a good idea anyway. But no, I wouldn't say that web browsing on the 5S is demonstrably faster than it is on a high-end Android handset.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I

Apple just now took Siri out of "beta" with the release of iOS 7. That is 3-1/2 years after it was touted as a huge benefit to the iPhone. Yes, the iPhone has a reputation for a fantastic camera in a phone. But it has a static, closed, locked, dull, non-customizable interface/user experience.

What I see time and again with these threads/arguments is the belief that a single manufacturer is supposed to deliver the following:
1) Metallic body
2) Supercomputer level processor
3) 4k resolution screen that is bright enough to blind the astronauts on the ISS
4) 2 TB of storage
5) 8 GB of RAM
6) Star Trek replicator capabilities
7) Built-in mind control device
8) Universal radios to support every worldwide carrier
9) A nuclear power source that won't need recharging for 80 years
10) A $99 off-contract price

Please, I want THREE TB of storage and a Star Trek TRANSPORTER, not replicator. And if it can double as a BTTF Hoverboard, so much the better. :)

Last edited:

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site

I haven't had any lag with the moto x on browsing. My iPhone 4s would lockup at times and only browsed 6 pages with lots of lag

Posted via Android Central App

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Wow....after a couple of months without the 5 I forgot how nice the camera actually was. Then I picked up the new 5s today and I just had to take the sim out of the Moto X and put it in the drawer for awhile. Love the Moto X, best android by a mile that I have ever owned. Love it so much that I am holding on to it but man the 5s has a camera that just is too good not to be my daily driver. Holding tight for the Nexus 5.

Good luck Gents.
If you want the best camera Droids then look at the Sony Z1 and LG G2...then we talk.

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes I have a moto x on vzw. No simultaneous data and voice. Not trying to start a fight, but look it up. Not happening until volte comes next year. Try it for yourself while not connected to WiFi.

Doing it now! Chatting with my wife on my moto blue tooth headphones and typing this now..... Yes she knows I'm texting while her and I are talking annnnnnnnnd send....

Posted via my MotoX

danielcee3

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I like the quality of the camera on the 5s. Mad that the s4 got 4.3 and our moto x's are stuck on 4.2.2. I loved active display when I first got this phone but as of late its been annoying me especially when theres no notifications.So when I get a chance I'm leaving the moto x behind as well

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I like the quality of the camera on the 5s. Mad that the s4 got 4.3 and our moto x's are stuck on 4.2.2. I loved active display when I first got this phone but as of late its been annoying me especially when theres no notifications.So when I get a chance I'm leaving the moto x behind as well

What exactly about Active Display annoys you? Also, you do realize that the S4 was released 6 months ago and just got 4.3 right?

Kamron Erani

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
\Mad that the s4 got 4.3 and our moto x's are stuck on 4.2.2. I loved active display when I first got this phone but as of late its been annoying me especially when theres no notifications.So when I get a chance I'm leaving the moto x behind as well

Moto X already has the best of what 4.3 offers, better implemented if you ask me.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The 5S does have good resale value...and there's the ease of Face Time (why I have mine). The screen is just too small to get used to after using something as luxurious as my Note 3.

from a Note 3

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The 5S does have good resale value...and there's the ease of Face Time (why I have mine). The screen is just too small to get used to after using something as luxurious as my Note 3.

from a Note 3

You get used to it pretty quick. Then when you go back to a larger device (even the Nexus 4), they feel absolutely massive. After getting used to the narrow 5S, the nexus 4 felt ridiculously, comically wide to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site

What annoys you about the active display? And "especially when there's no notifications"? Didn't quite get that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781