09-26-2013 07:09 PM
115 1234 ...
tools
    Despite this welcomed and timely update, I reminded myself that Motomaker still isn't available on Verizon and it still doesn't come in wood and I still don't have one.

Moto X: worst phone ever.
    Good point. Cuz I find lately I want a 32gb. POS phone. Lol. It also doesn’t come fast enough in the mail. *cancels order*
    09-23-2013 04:46 PM
    Well this may be why I indeed pick up a Moto x over the nexus 5. Want the N5 but if it doesnt have touchless control. I'll roll

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm so curious how the whole N5 thing is gonna play out. If it will be just about the same phone but have higher specs and cost less, this will be very interesting.
    09-23-2013 04:49 PM
    I'm so curious how the whole N5 thing is gonna play out. If it will be just about the same phone but have higher specs and cost less, this will be very interesting.
    damn the only reason I would be buying the n5 over the moto X now is if motorola made the n5, and that isn't happening. You made me proud motorola... you made me proud.
    09-23-2013 04:53 PM
    damn the only reason I would be buying the n5 over the moto X now is if motorola made the n5, and that isn't happening. You made me proud motorola... you made me proud.
    ah, i forgot about that. So it will def. not have the notification or twisty cam or voice controls.
    09-23-2013 05:08 PM
    Here are two before and afters

Moto X
    Is the refrig back to back!? Unreal the light it's capturing now.

In still confused on why we didn't get a camera like this out of the box.. In other words what could of happened? Did they feel the camera was good then?

Posted via Android Central App
    09-23-2013 05:20 PM
    ah, i forgot about that. So it will def. not have the notification or twisty cam or voice controls.
    Even if Moto made a Nexus device, it still wouldn't have those features since they're not a part of stock Google Android; they're add-ons.

Basically, people have coveted Nexus phones in the past partly because they're a vacation from cluttered UI's (I'm looking at you, Samsung and HTC). The Moto X has a close-to-stock UI, plus some very useful features like you mentioned. In that way, it's my opinion that Nexus is a downgrade from what Motorola is currently offering.

But Nexus isn't really meant for consumers, honestly. It's a moderately priced phone, unlocked with zero fluff and the newest version of Android so developers can have a blank canvas to work with.

The reason we get excited about Nexus phones is because we're dorks.
    anon(464338) and jephanie like this.
    09-23-2013 05:30 PM
    Im sure this was the quality they were shooting for at launch ..one should understand that there is lot of engineering work that goes in to this considering that this is new clearpixel sensor and all ..its takes time to get it right ..basically they were not able to finish the work before launch date ..and it probably didnt make sense for them to delay phone launch specially in the crowded market with iphone and galaxy note launching soon ..they would have lost lot of money and compromised on contracts they had with carriers to meet the deadlines. Im not defending moto for mis-steps ..but thats what should have happened ..

In still confused on why we didn't get a camera like this out of the box.. In other words what could of happened? Did they feel the camera was good then?

09-23-2013 05:32 PM
    I'll wait and see when this comes to verizon because the camera was what was holding me back. Hopefully not to much longer to wait.
    09-23-2013 05:44 PM
    I'll wait and see when this comes to verizon because the camera was what was holding me back. Hopefully not to much longer to wait.
    Waiting for AT&T...
    09-23-2013 06:03 PM
    Hmm good point

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    09-23-2013 06:11 PM
    Awesome! Doesn't look so muted anymore
    09-23-2013 07:05 PM

Yeah. I new the update was coming from the blog posts. So I took the pics, downloaded the update, installed the update, and then took the pics again. The after pic of the fridge had more sunlight but as you can still see the color of the stainless steel is more vibrant.

Moto X
    Aquila, Paisley and jephanie like this.
    09-23-2013 07:07 PM
    That one screen shot pretty much addresses all of the consistent complaints... hey other OEM's... notice this. Now lets see how the carriers handle rolling this out.
    jephanie likes this.
    09-23-2013 07:09 PM
    Full change log https://motorola-global-portal.custh...ail/a_id/96073

Camera – Improved Photo Quality Improved capture of natural light (auto-white balance) and color accuracy for more precise exposure in outdoor and backlit scenes
    Camera – Improved Focus Faster touch to focus time and reduced unnecessary refocusing in low light conditions and scenes with continuous motion
    Camera – Faster Switching Shortened the time it takes to switch between rear and front-facing cameras, as well as transition between the viewfinder and the Gallery app
    Enhanced Touchless Control Increased accuracy and responsiveness when using Touchless Control, and added easier training of the “OK Google Now” trigger
    Improved Motorola Migrate Experience Improved transfer of content from an old Android phone to a new Motorola phone
    Google Drive – 50GB Promotion Added a promotion expiration date - customers have 30 days from phone activation or installation of this update to redeem the 50GB offer
    Calling – Improved Voice Quality Fixed an issue that could sometimes result in choppy audio being heard by the person you’re talking with on your Moto X
    Moto Care – Lost Device Finder Fixed an issue that could sometimes prevent a lost phone from reporting its location to the Moto Care Lost Device Finder service
    Motorola Assist – Driving Detection Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause the phone to read out text messages and announce calls when not in Drive mode
    09-23-2013 07:09 PM
    Nice!

Sent from where the wild things are.
    09-23-2013 08:06 PM
    This is awesome. Concerns answered and quicker than I expected.

Just waiting for Verizon motomaker and 32GB to pull the trigger.
    DJJeffT and Devlyn16 like this.
    09-23-2013 08:06 PM
    It is good a manufacturer taking note to what was the most complaints and fixing them right away rather than making people wait for 2-3 updates to correct the issues. Also like the focus on the camera the most in the update. You usually don't see that much focus on the camera in updates.
    09-23-2013 08:49 PM
    My question is does this mean that all the Moto X phones there bang'n out of Texas will have this maintenance update installed on them? Or do they just keep rolling them out to VZW, TMo, Sprint, ATnT as is, then OTA them with the fix? I know a lot of U are waiting on the VZW and ATnT OTA's

Future VZW Moto X buyer...for sure
    09-23-2013 09:35 PM
    My question is does this mean that all the Moto X phones there bang'n out of Texas will have this maintenance update installed on them? Or do they just keep rolling them out to VZW, TMo, Sprint, ATnT as is, then OTA them with the fix? I know a lot of U are waiting on the VZW and ATnT OTA's

Typically the latter is the case.

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    Postoid likes this.
    09-23-2013 09:38 PM
    Welp, I've been stalking these forums for some time (posted once or twice) and was waiting to see if the update ever came to be. I'm convinced. Ordered my 32GB Moto X tonight (coming from the iPhone 5). I look forward to being a part of this community!
    Aquila, dj ozone, rayden8 and 2 others like this.
    09-23-2013 09:43 PM
    Welp, I've been stalking these forums for some time (posted once or twice) and was waiting to see if the update ever came to be. I'm convinced. Ordered my 32GB Moto X tonight (coming from the iPhone 5). I look forward to being a part of this community!
    Glad to have you

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    09-23-2013 09:45 PM

Don't be a noob. There not going to stop production and wait for all the carriers to send the update to them. OTA is simple and no way stop or delay there efforts in getting the customer there phones in a timely manner....
    09-23-2013 09:48 PM
    Update looks awesome. They are on the right track. Now move customer service back to the USA and give us timely OS updates and they should slowly make a name for themselves again

And Moto Maker for every carrier, and realistic shipping times, and a decent off-contract price ftw!

09-23-2013 09:53 PM
    Wow. Good job moto! I didn't think they'd fix it so fast if at all.
    09-24-2013 12:38 AM
    Thanks that was a great news.... Happier than anything else.... Keep updating
    09-24-2013 07:58 AM
115 1234 ...