new moto x update dramatically-improves-camera-quality

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Not with iOS.:)

Why settle for a more basic smartphone OS for immediate updates? There's better options. Besides, their fingerprint scanner is already hacked (so soon??) And Apple Maps continues to make news for leading people astray

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Has there been Public Confirmation that VZW will get the 32Gb model? If So I missed it. I'minterested it becuase I tend to keep my Phones a long time [Still on Droid2G] so while I am 99% sure I wil be getting a Moto X for Christmas I would prefer to get a 32GB one.

You might get motomaker

Posted via Android Central App

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Why settle for a more basic smartphone OS for immediate updates? There's better options. Besides, their fingerprint scanner is already hacked (so soon??) And Apple Maps continues to make news for leading people astray

A lot of people like the "basic smartphone" (lol), and it is nice that the updates are released as scheduled. No waiting for carriers. Plus, a 2 or 3 year-old phone will still get updates, as opposed to others which may or may not get any other updates. But, like you say, there are options, but not necessarily better ones. Better is in the eyes of the beholder.:) Yes, the scanner was hacked, but it sure takes a lot of trouble to do it. As far as the maps, I had no problems with them when I had an iPhone. I think that it is mainly in other countries, but not for sure.

Kamron Erani

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I'd rather wait for an OS that doesn't look like a 15 year old girl design it :( (this coming from a big apple fan and longtime iPhone user)
I thought I was the only one, I liked the way ios used to look, it had that "premium" feel to the apps and really blended nicely with the phone look itself, now it looks all cheap and plastic-like. I would have probably fired the graphic designers

detroitmikeb

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Apple Maps has taken me in circles, wrong places entirely and the like quite a few times - last I checked, Michigan was not another country.

A lot of people like the "basic smartphone" (lol), and it is nice that the updates are released as scheduled. No waiting for carriers. Plus, a 2 or 3 year-old phone will still get updates, as opposed to others which may or may not get any other updates. But, like you say, there are options, but not necessarily better ones. Better is in the eyes of the beholder.:) Yes, the scanner was hacked, but it sure takes a lot of trouble to do it. As far as the maps, I had no problems with them when I had an iPhone. I think that it is mainly in other countries, but not for sure.

detroitmikeb

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Apple seems to be pretty happy with the design. It feels very teeny-bopper-ish. Like they just laid a fresh coat of pink/green paint on the same OS. It will remain unchanged for another 8 years unfortunately.

I thought I was the only one, I liked the way ios used to look, it had that "premium" feel to the apps and really blended nicely with the phone look itself, now it looks all cheap and plastic-like. I would have probably fired the graphic designers

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Has there been Public Confirmation that VZW will get the 32Gb model? If So I missed it. I'minterested it becuase I tend to keep my Phones a long time [Still on Droid2G] so while I am 99% sure I wil be getting a Moto X for Christmas I would prefer to get a 32GB one.

No. Not as of today.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
The 32 GB variation is available through Moto Maker, which has been confirmed to arrive on Verizon by the end of this year. The Developer Edition is currently available on Verizon, and that has 32 GB of storage, but you can't buy it at the carrier-subsidized price.

roadkizzle

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

How did the previous iOS aesthetic blend with the phones physical design? It was always disrupting to me having an ultra sleek, ultra modern minimalist industrial design for the phone with the all glass and metal body with sharp edges, which clashed dreadfullywith the colorful, rounded, retro skeumorphic design of the OS itself.

Granted, the new color palette with its reliance on pastel colors is not ideal, at least the more modern and flatter look of the OS blends better with the flat industrial look of the phone.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

Crayola's making a comeback!