Moto x vs S4

phippsy84

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I got the S4 yesterday, and I do truly like the phone. Only issue I have is that it feels like it lags and isn't as responsive as it should, and the some of the Sprint bloat ware. If you have used both phones what is the comparison because these issues are making me reconsider.

yazzinit

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Moto X barely has bloat, depending on carrier. It also runs way smoother than my S3. Check out some reviews, they all support that the Moto X runs flawlessly. Some S4 supports say it doesn't lag, some say it does.

kenpbuck

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
My wife has the S4 and I had an S3 and now have the Moto X. I have to say I love this phone! Never had an issue with lag on the Moto and I now understand some of the complaints of Samsung's software.

It does not seem the S4 suffers from a great deal of lag and is a very nice phone but the Moto is the clear winner for me.

I should also mention that all of the carrier apps that installed on the Moto were the easiest I have ever installed!

Posted via Android Central App

phippsy84

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the the thoughts. I'll play and give it some more time. Those were just two things that immediately stood out.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Really? That does not sound promising.

I've been patiently waiting for the ability to unlock the Verizon versions boot loader so I can make my girls a Google edition. She wants to throw her phone half the time. Camera stalls, won't open, apps hang.. Pretty much stuff typical of touchwiz skin.

Great specs and camera but awful skin UI

phippsy84

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
My thing is I love what Samsung does and the technology they put into the phone, but don't wish it was on a more pure android device. I had the S3 and a Nexus tablet so I'm used to both. I have just really began to love everything about pure android just wished it had some of the additional Samsung goodies.

busa2006

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the s4 and my girl has a moto x and i can say the signal is better and the phone is just right out smooth...we are on verizon

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
S4 has about 3 GB of bloatware.

new N4 which is pure Android has 11.89 Gb storage remaining
new S4 has only about 8.9 Gb remaining

Just saying

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
S4 has about 3 GB of bloatware.

new N4 which is pure Android has 11.89 Gb storage remaining
new S4 has only about 8.9 Gb remaining

Just saying
But to be fair, the S4 has an external memory slot that can get you up to 64GB extra, which is way more than you can get on the N4 or Moto X. So it may have 3GB less for apps, but it has 64GB more for media.

psciandra

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have had few nexus phones and the S4 and when I got my Moto x promptly got rid of the S4....s4 definitely has bloatware and lag issues.....Moto X fits perfect in hand, no lag, and have found the assist, touchless and screen notifications to be very usefull.

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
How is the screen quality on the X? From what I've seen it is a bit pixlated when watching youtube videos. Not so much a fan of that. The screen on the S4 is beautiful .

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
How is the screen quality on the X? From what I've seen it is a bit pixlated when watching youtube videos. Not so much a fan of that. The screen on the S4 is beautiful .

I've not once seen a video pixelated on YouTube unless it wasn't set to HD but some folks have sharper eyes that's for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae