Moto X: Worth a 2 year conract?

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
C'mon. Moto X has midrange specs. We know it performs wonderfully, and feels great in the hand, but it pales in comparison to Q4 2013 devices on the spec sheet. Deal with it already. You obviously liked it enough to buy it, but you're kidding yourself if you think it has Q4 2013 flagship specs. Someone coming from an iPhone should be accustomed to a device that performs well without burning up the spec sheet. That said, if you're not in a terrible rush I'd suggest you wait to see how vanilla Android performs on a device that DOES burn up the spec sheet...ala Nexus 5/Kitkat. Most likely save yourself a bunch of cash too.

Sorry but the iPhone has high end specs, have you seen the bench marks of the A7 in the 5S? It beats out the S800.

Posted via Android Central App

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Or you could wait and see the impending Nexus. If rumors are to be believed, it will have all those spec boxes checked. Plus guaranteed immediate software updates and no need for a contract. Will be reasonably priced too if it follows the Nexus trend.

The only thing the moto x has on it(based on rumors) is the Moto active notifications and voice recognition. If you can live without those 2 features, it is a wash for the nexus.

Oh so you have forgotten the better battery life. Better camera, faster NAND. Smaller phone footprint. Triple noise cancelling.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Oh so you have forgotten the better battery life. Better camera, faster NAND. Smaller phone footprint. Triple noise cancelling.

Smaller footprint is the only thing of all of that that can be said with some certainty right now. Maybe noise cancelation because it would not need it. No one has any idea about battery life, camera, or nand performance. It could all be better, worse, or the same. Which is why I suggested for the op to wait. Screen and raw hardware will most definitely be better if the leaks are accurate. And sense he is interested in gsm networks it seems, there should be no problem getting to work.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Smaller footprint is the only thing of all of that that can be said with some certainty right now. Maybe noise cancelation because it would not need it. No one has any idea about battery life, camera, or nand performance. It could all be better, worse, or the same. Which is why I suggested for the op to wait. Screen and raw hardware will most definitely be better if the leaks are accurate. And sense he is interested in gsm networks it seems, there should be no problem getting to work.

No one knows how they perform? Its been a month! Plus endless reviews of it. The Moto X is better then the Nexus 4 in everything except updates. And I say this as a Nexus 4 owner.

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
So I didn't take the time to read every post but I wanted to jump in with my 2c on my experience with my Moto X. First off I love this phone, it is super fast and smooth and has given me the best experience so far of any Android device i've ever used. It does have a few bugs but the first OTA that is out or being deployed shortly (depending on the carrier) resolves these. Motorola made a lot of great design decisions with this phone and it shows. I'll address a lot of the issues 1 at a time that people keep bringing up with the specs.

Great breakdown. Should be stickied for anyone on the fence about this phone.

parmy5521

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have been an Iphone user since the 3g. I tried the one x+ last year and hated it, returned for a iphone 5 within 24 hours. I picked up the moto-x after liking my nexus 7 (first gen) tablet however wanted that in "pocket form". I was steering away from the moto-x due to specs and camera. I read the reviews and dropped $820 on my CC to "try it out" (Returning it for refund within policy). I can honestly say I have had this phone for 4 days and I am mad I have to return it. I'm trying to figure out how to "image" this phone so when I get my new one I can just login and have everything again.

I highly recommend this phone, my dads girlfriend has the s4, i played around with it and find touchwiz awful. The otterbox is nice and I can post pics if you want.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
No one knows how they perform? Its been a month! Plus endless reviews of it. The Moto X is better then the Nexus 4 in everything except updates. And I say this as a Nexus 4 owner.

I as referring to the next nexus... Follow the comments please

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I haven't read anything but the first few posts but I think it is:

I had until June on my sprint account. I couldn't take it anymore. Service was horrible. I paid the $180 for the etf and switched to Verizon for this phone.

After looking at the phones on the market this seems to be the best one out there.

"Last years" dual core tuned. Quad core GPU. 2 more smaller cores for smaller tasks. Really make this phone smooth. On a vanilla os with some added features.

Google owned. American made.

I wanted a smooth phone that just worked on a established reliable network. This does it for me. The s4 is too flashy with too much going on. The specs aren't the top of the lines specs of this hear but they are fine tuned and with the dedication to all 8 cores doing different tasks to phone is the smoothest phone I've ever used.

- Galaxy epic
- nexus s
- evo LTE.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I as referring to the next nexus... Follow the comments please

Again, the Nexus 5 will not have the assist app, the connect feature the touch less control and active notifications. Or possibly maybe not great battery, since the FCC shows a S800 beast with 1080P display. And its also bigger.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Again, the Nexus 5 will not have the assist app, the connect feature the touch less control and active notifications. Or possibly maybe not great battery, since the FCC shows a S800 beast with 1080P display. And its also bigger.

Which I said in my first post in this thread... Except for the battery which is a complete unknown. As the moto x proves, raw specs mean nothing about battery life.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I love the moto x. I also love my HTC one. I got 17 hours with 6 hours of it being screen time on the moto x. And it is snappy. Let Me see another android device that can do that. I also got 36 hours with 3 hours screen time and 18 percent battery still remaining. Moto x rocks.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes.

I also felt strongly enough about it that I felt it was worth buying at retail cost prior to my upgrade window.

Same Here. I have my HTC one which I love and my moto x which I paid 582 out the door for.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Outside of camera the Moto X is the best designed Android phone with regards to hardware and software integration. Right now I dont see any other company coming close on the Android side of things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Outside of camera the Moto X is the best designed Android phone with regards to hardware and software integration. Right now I dont see any other company coming close on the Android side of things.

Most definitely. Motorola did a solid job on the X.

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

With the camera update its looking even better