How to shorten DTMF, tones are too long

mpcook

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
When setting up a dialing string to get into a voicemail box (not my AT&T vm), the tones are extraordinarily long, which sometimes confuses the mailbox on the other end. Must be a way to set a shorter tone duration, anyone know how? This is a Moto X on AT&T.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully, that's adjustable in the Moto X. If you don't get any other suggestions try dialing 611 from your phone and ask AT&T if it can somehow be adjusted. Good luck!

mpcook

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I chatted with Moto X support, and they were less than useless. They kept telling me to say OK Google Now, Dial Voicemail, which will solve my problem. I guess I can try AT&T but I would be surprised no one else is having this issue. Is anyone else sending tones, and they are short tones (like my last prior 10 phones were).

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
When setting up a dialing string to get into a voicemail box (not my AT&T vm), the tones are extraordinarily long, which sometimes confuses the mailbox on the other end. Must be a way to set a shorter tone duration, anyone know how? This is a Moto X on AT&T.
Im on verizon with Moto X in the dialer settings there is a setting for the DTMF tones.Im not sure if AT&T is the same but with my phone just have to open dialer>menu button>settings>almost at the bottom of the screen is a setting for DTMF tones(set the lenght of DTMF tones),the choices are "Normal " and "Long"
Is that same setting on your model of Moto X ?
vajepazy.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance