Posted a thread about an issue with active notifications not working along with the pulsing lock screen issue, any way I spoke with Motorola support who was excellent in spite of other bad reviews, ended up wiping the phone as clearing the cache did not work, everything is working now would you exchange for another one since I have not had the phone for 24 hours yet ?
    09-26-2013 01:22 PM
    Posted a thread about an issue with active notifications not working along with the pulsing lock screen issue, any way I spoke with Motorola support who was excellent in spite of other bad reviews, ended up wiping the phone as clearing the cache did not work, everything is working now would you exchange for another one since I have not had the phone for 24 hours yet ?
    I would wait a few days at least to see if the issue is resolved. If it doesn't come back by the end of your return period then it was most likely a random software glitch that was resolved with the reset. Those happen from time to time.
    09-26-2013 01:27 PM
    also, there is an update coming to fix many issues.

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...obile%20update
    09-26-2013 01:30 PM
    I had trouble with Assist early on out of the box, and wiping the cache with support seemed to fix that problem. I kept the device and haven't had a problem since, so you're probably good to go. As Kevin said, just give it a few days and if it doesn't do it again I'd trust that your device is fine.
    09-26-2013 01:36 PM
    Always wipe a new phone before setting up

Posted via Android Central App
    09-26-2013 02:10 PM
    Out of curiosity---Why would one need to "wipe" or "factory re-set" a brand new phone? What happens in-transit from the factory to the store or to your hands that requires such actions?
    09-26-2013 02:47 PM
    Out of curiosity---Why would one need to "wipe" or "factory re-set" a brand new phone? What happens in-transit from the factory to the store or to your hands that requires such actions?
    Well, in your case, it would prevent needing to set everything up all over again.
    09-26-2013 05:04 PM
    Well, in your case, it would prevent needing to set everything up all over again.
    I do not understand your reply.
    09-27-2013 09:57 AM
    I do not understand your reply.
    Because often times software doesn't get a fully clean install. Users experience glitch in software because of this.

So if you reset before you start setting up your phone it saves you the 2hrs of setting up your phone only to find out it needs a reset, then setting up all over again.

Posted via Android Central App
    Roger Gibbens likes this.
    09-27-2013 12:20 PM
    Thank you. I have not had this issue, but I don't get new phones as often as some others might. I will keep this in mind when I get my next new phone.
    09-27-2013 12:38 PM