10-04-2013 10:06 AM
26 12
tools
    I currently have a diztronic matte phone case and an iboson tpu case. I'm having issues swiping from the edge of the screen (for example in the android central app to bring up the menu or Google currents or YouTube or reddit is fun app etc) because the screen protector creates a barrier from swiping from the edge of the device. Does anybody know of a good phone case that wouldn't have a lip running down the whole entire edge of the phone? Thanks

Posted via Android Central App
    09-27-2013 09:14 PM
    Dang! I hadn't thought of that. I like having the lip there to protect the screen. Sounds like it's going to be a problem with these new nearly-bezel-less screens.
    09-27-2013 09:40 PM
    I also have the Diztronic case and noticed its difficult to swipe from the side. I thought about trimming a small section off the lip to allow better swipes from the side. Waiting for courage to do it.

Posted via Moto Galaxy X Nexus One 7s (2013)
    09-27-2013 10:26 PM
    Anker Moto X Phone PC Case Minimalistic Case for Motorola X Phone Moto X Phone by Google with Sandy Surface - Lifetime Warranty - Black
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EDHXD3C/...cUvbUpU3098860
    T-mobile Moto X
    09-27-2013 10:49 PM
    You could try Casemate Barely There http://www.shopandroid.com/case-mate...medium=content or Incipio Feather Lite http://www.shopandroid.com/incipio-f...medium=content
    Less protection against drops though.
    I have the incipio dual pro and have the same problem.

Posted via AC App on Moto X
    09-27-2013 11:22 PM
    CaseMate Barely There
    Incipio Feather
    Areser Slim Fit Quicksand

I'm personally using the Incipio and the Areser purchased from Amazon.

Sent from my Moto X
    09-27-2013 11:46 PM
    I have the incipio Watson folio that doubles because the incipio feather snaps into the wallet part of the case.

The feather has NO lip. I unsnap from the wallet when I don't need it and use the feather.

09-28-2013 01:12 AM
    Im just using CruzerLite it has a lip around to protect glass front.The lip doesnt interfer for me.
    I know though the gel style case would just offer min. protection against drops.
    I also have screen protector.
    I like to keep phone thin so it stays pocketable

Not sent by you
    09-28-2013 07:02 AM
    I'm rocking this case on my all white Moto X. It also has a cut out for the dimple on the back.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EB3...cUvbUpU3099619

Posted via my Moto X using the Android Central App
    09-28-2013 10:14 AM
    Any TPU case will have the lip all the way around the device which it sounds like that is what you want to avoid.

Your best bet is a slim hard case. These will have the smallest lip bit also offer the least protection in a drop .

Sent from my Moto X
    09-28-2013 12:01 PM
    I don't have a Moto X, but experience the same problem with my current device when a tpu case is installed. Let us know what you buy and if you have a better time swiping from edge to edge.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
    09-28-2013 01:44 PM
    I wanted a otterbox commuter case. They didn't have it in the store. I got the defender because it actually need it for some instances and got it for $35.

I'm not a fan of the screen protector. Ripped it off of my evo LTE defender. Probably will eventually do the same to this.

Otterbox commuter is always my first choice. Smallest I will go.

09-28-2013 02:05 PM
    I have a case I picked up at att. It says "Speck" on the back. It's a nice case, rigid plastic back and sides, thin enough. It's a glossy plastic, and I can already tell it's going to get scuffed up easily and will show finger smudges. I have the textured black back on my phone which I think is just as tough and easier to keep clean than the case.

This case does have with a rubber lip. Rubber inserts on the corners allow it to flex enough to get the phone into it. The lip does make it hard to swipe to or from the edges, but so far I seem to be able to make it work.

In case anyone cares- it does not have the dimple in back. But it does have a rubber insert where the dimple is, and does provide a grip spot, maybe functioning similar to the dimple?

I've been thinking - is there a case - or has anyone tried trimming - so that there is a lip maybe extending an inch in both directions from the corners, but otherwise no lip?
    09-28-2013 10:23 PM
    got the Supcase from Amazon. Really nice case, yes little hard to swipe from edge to edge, but keep the phone protected.
    09-29-2013 01:13 AM
    I just got the Otterbox Defender. It is a little hard to use from the edges but my phone is protected. I will say this though, I HATE the design Otterbox went with for the Moto X. It is so hard to get it out of the holster.
    09-29-2013 06:54 AM
    Just got the Qmadix S series. Very vice, good feel, great protection. Buttons are easy to access all ports are accessible. Very minor front lip for face down protection. I like it.

T-mobile Moto X
    10-01-2013 05:42 PM
    Just got the Qmadix S series. Very vice, good feel, great protection. Buttons are easy to access all ports are accessible. Very minor from lip for face down protection. I like it.

T-mobile Moto X
    Was just gonna recommend this one. I am not the biggest fan of it (for aesthetic reasons), but it is a high quality case and the lip is minimal. I'm currently using the Griffin Reveal, it has less of a lip than the Diztronic, but more than the Qmadix. I have no issues swiping from the sides with it.
    10-01-2013 05:51 PM
    I got the commuter case. I love it. It is not as chunky as the defender, but it works well. Not to girthy but just right. I only wish it had a kickstand built in.

10-02-2013 03:14 AM
    I'm rocking this case on my all white Moto X. It also has a cut out for the dimple on the back.

Cimo Motorola Moto X S-Line Case Flexible TPU Cover - White:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

Posted via my Moto X using the Android Central App
    I am using this case as well. The lip covers just a little bit of the bezel and allows you to see the detail of the phone backing as well as having a cut out of the motorola dimple.
    10-02-2013 08:21 AM
    The Griffin Reveal is my favorite. It provides a lot of protection while not adding a lot of bulk. All the buttons work well and I would highly reccomned it to someone who has a custom designed their Moto X.

Moto X Case | Reveal | Griffin Technology
    10-02-2013 11:20 AM
    Any cases out there that have the moto x dimple showing?

10-02-2013 04:24 PM
    This one does.

Hyperion Motorola Moto X Phone Matte TPU Case and Screen Protector

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CXLY9KG/...cUvbUpU3109867

T-mobile Moto X
    10-02-2013 07:42 PM
    has anyone used the siedio active case? its on sale now, but I cant find any reviews...

Deal of the Day: Seidio ACTIVE Case (with kickstand) for Motorola Moto X | Android Central
    10-03-2013 05:06 PM
    Pricey and kind of thick, but the Incase Pro Shell offers good protection AND allows you to easily swipe the whole front face of the screen.
    huntnyc likes this.
    10-04-2013 09:09 AM
    The power support is the same design as the incipio feather case. But the power support has the little dimple for the logo
    I use both of them
    10-04-2013 09:50 AM
26 12