I've always used IPS displays, iPhone 4 and up to the Nexus 4. From friends that showed me the S3 the screen just didn't look good to me and I had heard that the Moto X uses a different type of of AMOLED, which brings me to my question.

Do you think it looks more natural then the S3(if you have one to compare) or does it look the same?
    09-27-2013 10:10 PM
    It is in a different league than the s3 display. The s3 is a pentile matrix and it just mutes the colors in my opinion. I came from the HTC One which to me has the best display of any smartphone and I've had no problems adjusting.
    So to answer your question the x display is much better than the s3 display.

Sent from my White Moto X
    09-27-2013 11:03 PM
    A white screen will seem a bit warm in color next to an IPS display, but otherwise looks great. When the image on screen is full of color it looks very vibrant without seeming over saturated..

Posted via Android Central App
    09-28-2013 12:28 AM
    Those who I've shown my phone to told me that the screen looked "painted on" (largely iPhone users)...if you go with a black front, and a black wallpaper, you may have difficulty differentiating between the bezel and the screen....in a good way.
    09-28-2013 01:43 AM
    The colors are pretty vibrant but not to.

I fired up my nexus 4 a week ago before I sold it and was surprised at the difference. The nexus was definitely much cooler in color display especially with the white.

I like the X display though.

09-28-2013 02:39 AM
    Duplicate
    09-28-2013 02:40 AM
    Colors look great, display is not pixilated (GNex was a little from up close, especially white, basically same DPI and size, but different pixel arrangement). The only thing that's a little weird is that a bright screen, when viewed from an vantage above it with it tilted away from you at a pretty wide angle (more than 90 degrees away from you) it gets a little bit of a rose colored tint, but straight on it's fine.
    09-28-2013 02:50 AM
    The colors are pretty vibrant but not to.

I fired up my nexus 4 a week ago before I sold it and was surprised at the difference. The nexus was definitely much cooler in color display especially with the white.

I like the X display though.

Would you think the white doesnt look good?

09-28-2013 03:12 AM
    Would you think the white doesnt look good?

For an AMOLED, the whites are surprisingly good. I came from a Nexus 4 and Lumia 920, both used IPS displays. No blue banding that I usually see from AMOLEDS that I can usually immediately notice. One thing you will immediately notice as well is the saturation, IPS panels have no where close to it, it might might look odd for awhile, but my eyes got used to it in about a week.
    09-28-2013 08:53 AM
    For an AMOLED, the whites are surprisingly good. I came from a Nexus 4 and Lumia 920, both used IPS displays. No blue banding that I usually see from AMOLEDS that I can usually immediately notice. One thing you will immediately notice as well is the saturation, IPS panels have no where close to it, it might might look odd for awhile, but my eyes got used to it in about a week.
    Excellent! Thanks.

09-28-2013 02:45 PM