Battery charge Question

Ductman1

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Is it better to keep your phone on charge whenever possible such as driving or let the phone run down before charging ? My previous Samsung I left on charge whenever possible but with a non removable battery , not sure if staying with the same charging practice will cause an issue down the road?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Is it better to keep your phone on charge whenever possible such as driving or let the phone run down before charging ? My previous Samsung I left on charge whenever possible but with a non removable battery , not sure if staying with the same charging practice will cause an issue down the road?

Memory effect? In a word, Nope. The phrase belongs to nickel-cadmium (NiCad or Ni-Cd) batteries. If you charge a Ni-Cd battery before it?s completely discharged, it will lose capacity to charge fully the next time? as if it remembers the smaller charge capacity and regards it as the new norm. Hence, Ni-Cd batteries have to be completely discharged before charging again, to retain their full lifetime between charges. This is a peculiarity of Ni-Cd batteries, not shared by Li-ions. In fact, your lithium-ion battery likes it better if you don?t discharge it all the way between charges. This is why Apple recommends that you go ahead and plug in your charger when the device gives you its low battery alert. When you charge, the battery doesn?t really mind if you don?t top it off. Li-ion battery lifetime is all about charging cycles. One charging cycle is the time between one full charge and one full discharge. You can partially charge or discharge your battery many times during a single charging cycle. In short, your lithium battery has no memory effect, and you can recharge it, in whole or in part, whenever you feel like it. - See more at: What You Need To Know About Lithium Batteries | The Griffin Technology Blog

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol