X-vertising

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
So we've been seeing Motorola's Lazy Phone advertisiments they churn out, some Moto Maker ones from AT&T, and Motorolas even hosted, sponsered events like Tommorrow World, fashion shows, ect.

What would you like to see advertised about the Moto X? Should we empansize on the ease of use? A more business approach that Apple and Samsung have been trying to get the attention of? Show that its the perfect play phone for everyone (the smaller one hand size with a big screen? Would you like to see it gain more popularity amongst the Galaxies, the One, the G2? We know its a good device, but people are still iffy on the device and Motorola who's never been that popular in the consumer phone market. Business wise I've seen quite a few Motorolas though.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
from the problems weve been experiencing, they should prolly cut advertising until these issues have been addressed. its only going to make the product look worse when its not even working as advertised. surfing the web and texting is the only thing that truly works.

issues im talking about:
voice calls being cut with every other word.
google voice not "play(ing) miguel"

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Its going to take time to make moto x (brand) famous and increase public awareness, good thing is the product they put out is good and has some unique things that It can offer.This is only first generation it will take couple of generation of moto x's with compelling and innovative feature sets to become as famous as galaxy series or iphone. For now Moto x will be no way near the sales numbers of iphone or galaxy series even nexus for that matter ..no matter how much advertising moto does ..

So we've been seeing Motorola's Lazy Phone advertisiments they churn out, some Moto Maker ones from AT&T, and Motorolas even hosted, sponsered events like Tommorrow World, fashion shows, ect.

What would you like to see advertised about the Moto X? Should we empansize on the ease of use? A more business approach that Apple and Samsung have been trying to get the attention of? Show that its the perfect play phone for everyone (the smaller one hand size with a big screen? Would you like to see it gain more popularity amongst the Galaxies, the One, the G2? We know its a good device, but people are still iffy on the device and Motorola who's never been that popular in the consumer phone market. Business wise I've seen quite a few Motorolas though.

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Not everyone is experiencing voice calling issue (its more on verzion) ..playing song through google now always works for me, works on my wifes X too
Also the fix for voice cutting issue is rolling out ..ATT should get it in one week and expect verizon in couple of weeks ..

from the problems weve been experiencing, they should prolly cut advertising until these issues have been addressed. its only going to make the product look worse when its not even working as advertised. surfing the web and texting is the only thing that truly works.

issues im talking about:

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I'd like yo see ease of use comparisons with other devices and a focus on the color customizing.

Posted via Android Central App

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
So you're logic is that if any product has any flaw, it shouldn't be advertised?

This makes sense. I have not experienced your issues, and neither have to few people I know that own the X.

issues im talking about:

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

issues im talking about:

In using my X and most of its advertised features daily with no problems..

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes I know its gonna take a generation or two. But I feel like the Moto X is similar to the Wii U.
A great device, that works great, and once you use some of the features its hard to go back to the other ways. But due to the companies past reception, the devices are getting kinda hated on by non-users. I know Motorola still needs a boost in the support service department. Do you think Motorola can get turned around?

I think they should emphansize on the America part, there is a demand for the products, espcially in the older generation, move away from iphones. :p

dj ozone

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I just got the update on ATT and now my google voice commands will "play Miguel"!!

Well not Miguel I told it to "play Drake" and Tuscan Leather started right up!

issues im talking about:

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I just got the update on ATT and now my google voice commands will "play Miguel"!!

Oh good! I've been trying to figure out why it wouldn't play my music on command like it does in the commercial

Sent from my White Moto X

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

I have Verizon moto x ..and this always worked for me ..the update has no fix for this in particular ..also this command is handled my Google now app which is not controlled by Motorola and is in no way different from other phones

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
im not looking towards the update to fix the voice commands (its honestly a hit and miss, majority with good hits, after playing with it nonstop and seeing what it can/cant do, and trust me i kept it very basic and generic) my main issue is the voice cutting out which is a huge damper because its to the point where people just dont listen to me anymore bc they cant understand anything im saying. it does seem that this issue is mostly with verizon customers, but everyone else with other carriers are complaining just as much.

its great to advertise the features the phone is completely capable of doing, but its not so great when no one can hear you on the other end of the call. it just turns the phone into a handheld tablet.

dj ozone

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I got this from the Moto X changelog from the Motorola website:

Enhanced Touchless Control Increased accuracy and responsiveness when using Touchless Control, and added easier training of the “OK Google Now” trigger

I don't know if the update fixed it for me but everytime I tried the Touchless Controls to play music pre-update it would load up a song but it wouldn't start automagically like in the commercial... Now it does!

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I got this from the Moto X changelog from the Motorola website:

Enhanced Touchless Control Increased accuracy and responsiveness when using Touchless Control, and added easier training of the ?OK Google Now? trigger

I don't know if the update fixed it for me but everytime I tried the Touchless Controls to play music pre-update it would load up a song but it wouldn't start automagically like in the commercial... Now it does!

Ya that has to do with your Google now settings ..or something like that ..nothing to do with update ..this function worked for lot of people pre update ..anyways good thing is it is working for you now that's what matters :)

Last edited:

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
its great to advertise the features the phone is completely capable of doing, but its not so great when no one can hear you on the other end of the call. it just turns the phone into a handheld tablet.

Yeah but that's what most people really use a phone for anyways + texting. But I found this issue strange with Motorolas history in radios. but were getting that worked out. This phone is a game changer, just a few more tweaks.

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
im not looking towards the update to fix the voice commands (its honestly a hit and miss, majority with good hits, after playing with it nonstop and seeing what it can/cant do, and trust me i kept it very basic and generic) my main issue is the voice cutting out which is a huge damper because its to the point where people just dont listen to me anymore bc they cant understand anything im saying. it does seem that this issue is mostly with verizon customers, but everyone else with other carriers are complaining just as much.

Updates are rolling out pretty quickly ..patience for some more days :) ..you decided to keep the phone even though you are having this frustrating issue ..means you really like the phone ..so all you need now is patience and use a workaround like ear buds to take calls..it could have been worse if moto did not acknowledge the issue and didn't have a fix for it .. Atleast you have a line of sight now for the fix..

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
They should do a commercial showing how useful the voice commands are when you need to keep both hands on the wheel while driving a car, but then there's the liability

The key feature of the phone is the ease of using it without touching it. As the iPhone showed us a world with out a stylist, Motorola should focus on a world fee of being a slave to your phone.

Maybe they should get captain Picard or Scotty out use it. Now that's freaking brilliant!

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a att moto x that I have been using everyday for the past week as my daily driver. I have zero issues. Touchless control as well as active notifications are awesome. I would have to say it's one of the best android experiences I have ever had. The Moto X is a fantastic device and deserves to play with the big boys. The level of software optimization surpasses that of the top three IMO. Things just do not lag. Also get compliments on call quality when I am using speaker the other party can barley tell the difference. Frankly I did not expect to touchless control much however it has come in handy a couple times this week. Also the quick access camera feature came in handy the other day while driving. I hope this phone has a successful future. Last figure I heard was they were shipping around 100k a week from the factory. Don't quote me on that as it may have been the motomaker figures they were referring to.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
They should do a commercial showing how useful the voice commands are when you need to keep both hands on the wheel while driving a car, but then there's the liability

The key feature of the phone is the ease of using it without touching it. As the iPhone showed us a world with out a stylist, Motorola should focus on a world fee of being a slave to your phone.

Maybe they should get captain Picard or Scotty out use it. Now that's freaking brilliant!

Like? https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5YYtU_-jMNI
Though I don't like Star Trek that much, getting one of them on board would be pretty good

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty