I for one have been guilty for this, but as of now I am sitting at 58% battery at 13 hours w/ 1.5 hours screen time, wifi and bluetooth, as long as this phone last me like it is I am going to stop obsessing over the battery life, who cares if it goes 24hours with 6 hours screen time, last time I checked I do sleep, so I am officially happy with my Moto X at this point, at this point with my Samsung Galaxy Express I would be close to 25-30 %, plus it is not good for the battery to drain it down to 2 % to prove how long one can go.
    asylvia and Ry like this.
    09-30-2013 03:49 PM
    I for one have been guilty for this, but as of now I am sitting at 58% battery at 13 hours w/ 1.5 hours screen time, wifi and bluetooth, as long as this phone last me like it is I am going to stop obsessing over the battery life, who cares if it goes 24hours with 6 hours screen time, last time I checked I do sleep, so I am officially happy with my Moto X at this point, at this point with my Samsung Galaxy Express I would be close to 25-30 %, plus it is not good for the battery to drain it down to 2 % to prove how long one can go.
    I'm currently trying to ween myself off this obsession also.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-30-2013 04:06 PM
    I don't think I'll ever be able to break this obsession! I can get 6+ screen time no problem, yet as soon as my phone hits 90% and I'm near a charger, you bet your **** I'm plugging it in. I open GSam to look at my screen time more than any other app on my phone.
    09-30-2013 05:22 PM
    Help me to break this obsession. I'm so far not greatly impressed with the Moto X (even though maybe I should be).

After almost 18 hours of light use I'm at 61%. Wifi, phone idle and screen at about 24% each, followed by Android OS and Cell Standby.

According to CPU Spy the phone's been asleep about 90% of the time.

However, Wakelock Detector shows me two things I'm trying to remedy - two wakelocks seem to be the big culprits. One is a Gtalk.async.conn.com.google.... within google services - caused about 10 minutes of all google services wakelock. The other is two kernel wakelocks = "Powermanagerservices" and "main" - the first at 48 minutes and the second at about 33 minutes.

I just can't find a good source of info on how to address these. The kernel wakelocks may not be fixable without a new kernel, but the Gtalk one is troubling since I have disabled almost all the Google apps (that could possibly be using Gtalk/hangouts).

Any suggestions or advice would be great folks!
    09-30-2013 06:32 PM
    Help me to break this obsession. I'm so far not greatly impressed with the Moto X (even though maybe I should be).

After almost 18 hours of light use I'm at 61%. Wifi, phone idle and screen at about 24% each, followed by Android OS and Cell Standby.

According to CPU Spy the phone's been asleep about 90% of the time.

However, Wakelock Detector shows me two things I'm trying to remedy - two wakelocks seem to be the big culprits. One is a Gtalk.async.conn.com.google.... within google services - caused about 10 minutes of all google services wakelock. The other is two kernel wakelocks = "Powermanagerservices" and "main" - the first at 48 minutes and the second at about 33 minutes.

I just can't find a good source of info on how to address these. The kernel wakelocks may not be fixable without a new kernel, but the Gtalk one is troubling since I have disabled almost all the Google apps (that could possibly be using Gtalk/hangouts).

Any suggestions or advice would be great folks!
    Moto X has known issues with poor idle battery drain, typically due to high android OS usage (kernel). It's overall battery performance is nevertheless pretty good.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    PlayDLine likes this.
    09-30-2013 08:05 PM
    Moto X has known issues with poor idle battery drain, typically due to high android OS usage (kernel). It's overall battery performance is nevertheless pretty good.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    The idle drain issue is completely manageable with root. I lose literally 2% overnight.
    09-30-2013 10:57 PM
    The idle drain issue is completely manageable with root. I lose literally 2% overnight.
    What did you change to accomplish this?
    10-01-2013 01:21 PM
    What did you change to accomplish this?
    I froze 60+ system apps and greenified everything else. When my phone sleeps, it SLEEPS.
    10-01-2013 01:41 PM
    I froze 60+ system apps and greenified everything else. When my phone sleeps, it SLEEPS.
    How about your radios? Any battery saving apps like JD or DS Battery Saver?
    10-01-2013 01:51 PM
    How about your radios? Any battery saving apps like JD or DS Battery Saver?
    I don't touch them. Even if I leave wifi, sync, and gps on overnight I still only lose 2-3%.

P.S. Haven't you and I already gone over all this stuff on xda? I'm _MetalHead_ over there.
    clankfu likes this.
    10-01-2013 01:55 PM
    I don't touch them. Even if I leave wifi, sync, and gps on overnight I still only lose 2-3%.

P.S. Haven't you and I already gone over all this stuff on xda? I'm _MetalHead_ over there.
    Oh, hey man. Yea, we've talked about freezing and greenifying. I don't remember asking you about the radios but I might have.
    10-01-2013 02:02 PM
    Oh, hey man. Yea, we've talked about freezing and greenifying. I don't remember asking you about the radios but I might have.
    Yeah, so many people ask me about how I get my battery life that it's hard to keep track of. Good to see ya over here.
    clankfu likes this.
    10-01-2013 02:53 PM
    I've only had the phone for 48 hours but I'm not seeing any issues. The phone is consuming power better than I expected.
    10-01-2013 03:09 PM
    Yeah, so many people ask me about how I get my battery life that it's hard to keep track of. Good to see ya over here.
    How did you know which 60 to freeze? Do you have SS's? I know that's labor on your behalf but I would be interested in messing with freezing apps to help idle drain.

10-01-2013 03:25 PM
    Any suggestions for the non rooted among us? I'm not ready to tinker with the X, but I'd like to realize some battery savings with stock. Thanks.
    10-01-2013 03:27 PM
    How did you know which 60 to freeze? Do you have SS's? I know that's labor on your behalf but I would be interested in messing with freezing apps to help idle drain.

Here's my post on xda with the screen shots. I might have frozen a couple more since then but I was getting the same battery life with this list-

xda-developers - View Single Post - How is your battery life

Two things-
    Don't freeze launcher unless you have a custom launcher installed (Nova, Apex, etc...) and if you use MotoConnect, do not freeze the following 4 items-
    Motorola Connect 1.0
    Motorola ID 1.0
    Motorola Services 6
    Motorola Services Main 1.0
    PlayDLine and tonymhoffman like this.
    10-01-2013 03:34 PM
    Any suggestions for the non rooted among us? I'm not ready to tinker with the X, but I'd like to realize some battery savings with stock. Thanks.
    The best thing I can say to do for a non rooted user is to disable whatever system apps you don't use via the app manager in settings (not all can be disabled), and only turn on GPS and auto sync when you need it.

Also, rooting is not very daunting at all, especially with the amazingly simple apk method jcase provided for us. It is, for all intents and purposes, risk free, and relatively easy to go back to stock. Rooting provides some awesome benefits, being able to freeze what you don't use to get awesome battery life is only one of them.

Edit: Also, some people have reported that with certain routers, idle drain is worse. Experiment with keeping wifi on/ vs. turning it off. I generally turn mine off at night.
    PlayDLine likes this.
    10-01-2013 03:38 PM
    The best thing I can say to do for a non rooted user is to disable whatever system apps you don't use via the app manager in settings (not all can be disabled), and only turn on GPS and auto sync when you need it.

Also, rooting is not very daunting at all, especially with the amazingly simple apk method jcase provided for us. It is, for all intents and purposes, risk free, and relatively easy to go back to stock. Rooting provides some awesome benefits, being able to freeze what you don't use to get awesome battery life is only one of them.

Edit: Also, some people have reported that with certain routers, idle drain is worse. Experiment with keeping wifi on/ vs. turning it off. I generally turn mine off at night.
    Thanks very much. One of my biggest drains seems to be this MFer... GTALK_ASYNC_CONN_com.google.android.gsf.gtalkservice.AndroidEndpoint.
    I've tried looking for an explanation and/or fix but can't find one. The really irritating thing is that i've disabled so much google stuff that I can't for the life of me figure out what this GTALK function is. If you had any thoughts here I'd really appreciate it. Thanks again.
    10-01-2013 04:08 PM
    Thanks very much. One of my biggest drains seems to be this MFer... GTALK_ASYNC_CONN_com.google.android.gsf.gtalkservice.AndroidEndpoint.
    I've tried looking for an explanation and/or fix but can't find one. The really irritating thing is that i've disabled so much google stuff that I can't for the life of me figure out what this GTALK function is. If you had any thoughts here I'd really appreciate it. Thanks again.
    I'm pretty sure it's tied into Google+ and Hangouts. If you don't use either of those I suggest disabling them both, which can be done in settings. Also, if you go into settings under accounts and click on your gmail account, you can disable certain items from syncing. Every little bit helps.
    10-01-2013 04:17 PM
    I'm pretty sure it's tied into Google+ and Hangouts. If you don't use either of those I suggest disabling them both, which can be done in settings. Also, if you go into settings under accounts and click on your gmail account, you can disable certain items from syncing. Every little bit helps.
    Thanks - both are stopped and disabled. It must be something else. I also have my google sync's down to just emails for the most part. It really is annoying.
    10-01-2013 04:20 PM
    Thanks - both are stopped and disabled. It must be something else. I also have my google sync's down to just emails for the most part. It really is annoying.
    What carrier are you on? Have you noticed a difference in that particular wakelock when you are on wifi/vs cellular? Does it come back after a reboot?
    PlayDLine likes this.
    10-01-2013 04:28 PM
    Since I use moto assist I would opt out of freezing that correct? Sorry if that seems like a dumb question

10-01-2013 05:17 PM
    Since I use moto assist I would opt out of freezing that correct? Sorry if that seems like a dumb question

Yeah, don't freeze any of the assist packages and possibly the Motorola DriveActivator. Not sure about that last one, you could test it out with it frozen and see if assist still works. It seems like it could be needed but again, I'm unsure. I don't use assist.
    10-01-2013 05:22 PM
    What carrier are you on? Have you noticed a difference in that particular wakelock when you are on wifi/vs cellular? Does it come back after a reboot?
    Hi - thanks for the help. I'm on VZW. This wakelock seems to be associated with WIFI and no cellular (as far as my limited observation tells). It does come back after a reboot, but again seems to be more of a wifi related phenomena.
    10-01-2013 05:41 PM
    Hi - thanks for the help. I'm on VZW. This wakelock seems to be associated with WIFI and no cellular (as far as my limited observation tells). It does come back after a reboot, but again seems to be more of a wifi related phenomena.
    Yeah man, that seems to be the issue that people are reporting about with certain routers causing excessive idle drain. Unfortunately I don't have a solution for you other than turning off WiFi when not using it or swapping out your router. It's only certain routers that cause that problem, and off the top of my head I don't know which ones don't. I wish I could be of more help but as of right now, nobody knows how to solve it aside from the two options I already gave. If I learn anything else I'll certainly update you.

PlayDLine likes this.
    10-01-2013 09:01 PM