Just got the AT&T update 139.12.54.3n.us

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I opted for the soak test and was able to download the update yesterday. As mentioned, the change list is similar to the T-Mobile version. I'm testing it out and it seems to be working well so far.

How long after you opted in did it take for the update to hit your device ?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I opted for the soak test and was able to download the update yesterday. As mentioned, the change list is similar to the T-Mobile version. I'm testing it out and it seems to be working well so far.

How does one opt in for the soak test? I am registered on Motorola forums, is that where you can opt in?

Sent from my XT1058

rajeshr68

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Is there a noticeable difference in the camera quality?

Sent from my White Moto X

Yes, significant improvement. I'd taken some pics with the Moto X before (Rogers version, pre-update) and now (AT&T version, post-update) and the difference is striking. I've taken the same shot with both versions and you'd swear they were different cameras! Overall, a huge improvement.

Maybe this explains why Guy Kawasaki's pictures with the Moto X were turning out so well - maybe he was using a Beta version of the update! ;)

rajeshr68

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
How long after you opted in did it take for the update to hit your device ?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

Opted in last Thursday. I got the email on Monday stating that the update was going to be released some time later that day. I got the update notification on Monday afternoon, at which point I downloaded and installed it.

BTW, no update for my wifes Moto X (this one wasn't registered). I'm curious how some people who were registered for the soak test got the update!:confused:

serenemind

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I did not opt for any soak tests. I just registered my device with motorola for warranty related stuff but did nothing more than that. I am glad I got the update but I don't know why others haven't gotten it yet.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
no one is talking about the voice calls cutting out....is this still occuring or has it improved? did anyone with the new update have this issue and see a difference yet??

serenemind

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
One thing I would definitely say has improved is Drive Mode. It works perfectly now, earlier I had problems when it didn't even tell me whenever I received a text or when someone called me while driving. Not sure whether they specifically addressed this issue or it got fixed because of the overall changes. I have never noticed calls cutting off even before this update so cannot comment on that. Camera...I cannot comment a whole lot on that as I have not been able to take many pics to tell the difference yet.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I did not opt for any soak tests. I just registered my device with motorola for warranty related stuff but did nothing more than that. I am glad I got the update but I don't know why others haven't gotten it yet.

Did you opt into the MFN when you registered ?Motorola feedback network. Also how long after you registered were you prompted to update. Itching to get the update already.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

serenemind

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I just checked my emails, these are the 2 things I ever signed up for with motorola after getting my moto x.

10-2-2013 1-38-54 PM.jpg

10-2-2013 1-36-04 PM.jpg

I signed up for these on the 26th of August. I don't think these have anything to do with the update I received.

Attachments

• 10-2-2013 1-36-04 PM.pdf
    22.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 10-2-2013 1-38-54 PM.pdf
    23 KB · Views: 58

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Displaying my ignorance here... could you explain to me what a soak test is?

An update is rolled out to a small sample of users first to make sure everything works. Once they confirm the update works properly then they begin to roll to all users.

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Soak test is a controlled beta. The software is finalized and if those in the beta have no problems, the ota gets released.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance