10-03-2013 12:22 PM
61 123
tools
    I had the Moto X, but swapped for the G2, and now want the Moto X again. The G2 is a great phone, I like the bigger screen and some of the UX features they put in. But I have tiny scratches on the screen already, and the shutter lag is killing me. Now I'm thinking about selling the G2 and going with a Maxx.

The things I miss most about the X are Active Notifications, and the ability to text from my computer using the Chrome extension.
    Ry and huntnyc like this.
    10-02-2013 01:53 PM
    I had the Moto X, but swapped for the G2, and now want the Moto X again. The G2 is a great phone, I like the bigger screen and some of the UX features they put in. But I have tiny scratches on the screen already, and the shutter lag is killing me. Now I'm thinking about selling the G2 and going with a Maxx.

The things I miss most about the X are Active Notifications, and the ability to text from my computer using the Chrome extension.
    There's no way I would take the Moto X over the LG G2 !
    The LG G2 is a fantastic device! It's very sleek and power packed !

The only things I like about the Moto X is the curved screen.
    From reading things on this forum the Moto X is buggy.

You also can also use DeskSMS for texting from a PC

DeskSMS Is the Best Phone-to-Desktop SMS Solution We've Seen Yet
    10-02-2013 02:41 PM
    In the past when I had difficulty choosing one device over another, it always came down to ONE thing. Not blogs, not video reviews, and not specs. It came down to going into the store and playing with it for a good hour. Not just flipping thru a couple of screens or firing up the camera, either. I would actually factory reset in the store, and install my Google account, and begin to set it up. (and of course when finished, I would just perform another "factory reset" to delete all my info) . In my opinion, without spending "quality time with the device and REALLY getting a feel for how it will perform for me personally and with many of the paid apps I purchase and come to rely on, I don't believe you can really tell what it will be like using your phone day in/day out...

There have been a couple of occasions when it passed the "in store test, I bought it, brought it home and sadly, it had a few surprises I hadn't counted on. Case in point, the Galaxy S 4 (in store I IGNORED the jitters & the stutters, but once it was mine I just couldn't deal, so $50.00 restocking fee later, I wound up on Optimus G Pro which for 5 months was best phone I ever used till now with the G2). But for most part, my "factory reset test" has done me well, and yes, the store clerks hate me, but i'm not running for Mayor so I really don't care....lol

For me when a phone has a few killer features that the phone i'm wanting does NOT, I weigh "how much of the time i'll be using those features vs how much I will be using the features the phone I want does have. The device that scores the higher percentage points wins "me" as the prize for approx. 6 months!

Why Moto X over LG G2-cam00154-1_zpse78a6550.jpg
    BTC
    markbc likes this.
    10-02-2013 06:06 PM
    It came to the MotoX and G2 for me too and I choose the G2. I love active display but it wasn't enough to sway me. No, tapping the screen twice to wake it up isn't as good but its good enough.

It actually came to the Dev edition. An unlocked bootloader almost swayed my but I think G2 development right now is moving nicely for Verizon ver. and I couldn't be happier with my choice.

And in two years I don't think I'll feel like its "showing its age" like the GNex became known for and the MotoX may with its dual core S4.
    markbc and huntnyc like this.
    10-02-2013 07:33 PM

And in two years I don't think I'll feel like its "showing its age" like the GNex became known for and the MotoX may with its dual core S4.
    Minus the fact that the moto X out performed the s4 and HTC one in most performance test that matter.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-02-2013 08:07 PM
    My sister-in-law got a G2, and I had the opportunity to dork around on it side-by-side with the Moto X. The G2 has a nice, big ol' screen and it's very perty. It's also extremely quick, but no faster than the Moto X.

Quad core vs dual core, I don't care. The Moto X won't "age" like GNex simply because of TRIM support. Get over it, you weirdos.
    Ry and huntnyc like this.
    10-02-2013 09:16 PM
    after playing a bit with the g2, moto x all the way for me, better size, as fast as the g2 if not faster, motorola radio (best in the market, didnt have a singel dropped call or pandora/netflix buffering since i got it and i use 4k min a month with 20 gigs of media streaming), volume buttons where they should be, touchless control, "ok google now" without touching anything, really, its a no brainer
    huntnyc likes this.
    10-02-2013 10:32 PM
    I bought the lg g2 and it felt to big for me. I am coming from the galaxy nexus which is similar in size to that moto x. I ended up returning it today and going to get something else.

Sent from my A500 using AC Forums mobile app
    10-02-2013 10:53 PM
    Yup I got good eyes

Oh I forgot Moto X got a nice loud speaker too

- - - Updated - - -

Have you decided then ?Which One?
    I already have the Moto X and have decided not to get the G2.
    davidnc likes this.
    10-03-2013 10:20 AM
    There's no way I would take the Moto X over the LG G2 !
    The LG G2 is a fantastic device! It's very sleek and power packed !

The only things I like about the Moto X is the curved screen.
    From reading things on this forum the Moto X is buggy.

You also can also use DeskSMS for texting from a PC

DeskSMS Is the Best Phone-to-Desktop SMS Solution We've Seen Yet
    From reading things on any phone's forum you'd think they're buggy. That's a major point of forums, resolving issues. The moto x is not any more buggy than the G2. And judging by the font issue with the G2 I'd say less buggy...

Posted via Android Central App
    Ry and guesswhat_567 like this.
    10-03-2013 11:23 AM
    Honestly, it's the little things that really bothered me on the G2 that Moto X got really right. For instance, like how all the software is optimized, and lets the processors actually do what they need to do instead of being throttled. Also, another fact is that the speaker, while no "Boom" speakers on the HTC One, are the best speakers on a phone I have ever owned, even while the phone is laying on it's back. It looks like they actually did some acoustics work on the speaker, it's quite extraordinary. The phone seems to have been actually designed instead of "Let's slap everything together", and the SOC, Flash Storage, and other internals of the phone are high quality. Even their display seems to have been tweaked better than most AMOLED displays out there.

The Anandtech article is what really sold me on the Moto X, honestly. It really showed to me that Motorola going against the spec war wasn't really marketing speak per se, but every part of the phone was designed for very specific reasons.
    Ry, globster2000, grooks and 5 others like this.
    10-03-2013 12:22 PM
61 123