Why Moto X over LG G2

Ductman1

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Why would you choose the Moto X over the LG G2, I have over a week till my 14 days are up, this was the only device that I had a hard time deciding over after I ruled out the HTC One and the S4. The main issue for me is not the specs but sometimes I want a smaller pocketable phone, other times I think about the larger display on the LG.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
If you want a more pocketable phone the LG G2 isn't for you, it's a lot bigger than the Moto X. I'd go with the Moto X, the G2 is basically a higher-spec GS4...

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Honestly let it come down to what you use the phone most for.

For me I'm in meetings frequently and active notifications are huge.

I drive to locations often and my griffin nav dock and touchless controls allow me to interact with my Moto X in the car seamlessly.

The size of the phone and it's form factor has changed the phone purchasing game for me.

Lastly the stability and quickness of the device are sweet!

I'm with moto X until something allows me to interact better with my phone in the vast areas the moto X does.

Posted via Android Central App

bandityo

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Yep went larger than came back the moto x is fast great size and very vanilla

David

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Size and vanilla android.

Found the 4.7" screen on my Galaxy Nexus was perfect for me and the Moto X was the same size but in a smaller footprint. I have always disliked skins like Sense, TouchWiz, MotoBlur and whatever LG uses. The Moto X meets my needs/wants/desires.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This is so underrated. I also was trying to decide between the two phones, and went Moto X as the interface and UX design for the G2 is horrible. Three finger swiping for multitasking? Why?

Until "pure Android" is a significant sales driver for the masses that buy Android devices, it will always be underrated.

asharrop

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Size, build quality, water resistant coating, speaker quality, and software features all things that swayed me from lg.

LG has nice camera and screen, but the screen is a tradeoff since it disallows one of the nicest parts of the moto x, active display..

Honestly the kicker was when the camera update started rolling out. Before that the camera issue was pushing me toward the G2. Now that it's going to be a good camera I can live with the other shortcomings the moto x has vs the G2, since they all serve a purpose anyway. (Easier one handed use, active display, etc...)

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Until "pure Android" is a significant sales driver for the masses that buy Android devices, it will always be underrated.
The only reason I have a preference to "stock" Android is because it's clean and intuitive; why pack in design features and functions if all they do is make the experience worse?

I'm all for the OEMs putting their own unique stamp on the Android UI, but I often feel like they make changes just for the sake of being different. Samsung and LG have patented headache-inducing labyrinths as their interfaces, while HTC just barely teases the line between utility and novelty. Motorola nailed it on this one, I think. They kept it clean and simple, but included incredibly useful, NON-INTERFERING features.

I've said it before -- I like what Motorola's done even over the pure Nexus experience. They made Android better.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The only reason I have a preference to "stock" Android is because it's clean and intuitive; why pack in design features and functions if all they do is make the experience worse?

I'm all for the OEMs putting their own unique stamp on the Android UI, but I often feel like they make changes just for the sake of being different. Samsung and LG have patented headache-inducing labyrinths as their interfaces, while HTC just barely teases the line between utility and novelty. Motorola nailed it on this one, I think. They kept it clean and simple, but included incredibly useful, NON-INTERFERING features.

I've said it before -- I like what Motorola's done even over the pure Nexus experience. They made Android better.

My point is that things like (big) screen size, large battery, and camera megapixels are the things that the masses look for. Being "stock" does little to influence the buying decision for people who don't go on sites like this.

Thus, it remains underrated.

trekk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Seriously would go for Moto X, I am starting to crave to get one only issue is for some reason my brain is programmed to higher specs equals better performance which is untrue. So Moto X

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I looked at the Moto X and was seriously considering it, but in the end it was too small for my taste so went with the G2 and am extremely happy I did. It's an amazing phone..both power, battery, features, etc.

wwwjr

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
This is so underrated. I also was trying to decide between the two phones, and went Moto X as the interface and UX design for the G2 is horrible. Three finger swiping for multitasking? Why?

Same android multitasking on the G2, just long press the home button. The G2 has hands down the best camera of any Android out there. Size, battery life and active notifications are the real determinates here. The Moto X feels perfect in the hand, but it didn't last me as long as the G2 as a heavy user with multiple push exchange accounts and a never holding anything back to "save battery". Because why shut things down that I want to run and are designed to run? To compensate for poor battery life, I think not. My daughter now has the Moto X and it works perfect for her and I am using the G2,whichever for now,works perfect for me. My wife uses the GS4 and now wants a G2 because of the battery life. Good luck in whatever decision you make. Honestly, coming from the Nexus before these last two I thought I'd never go with an OEM covered OS over pure Android, but the Moto X is very close and the G2 is extremely customizable. Good luck!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Same android multitasking on the G2, just long press the home button. The G2 has hands down the best camera of any Android out there. Size, battery life and active notifications are the real determinates here. The Moto X feels perfect in the hand, but it didn't last me as long as the G2 as a heavy user with multiple push exchange accounts and a never holding anything back to "save battery". Because why shut things down that I want to run and are designed to run? To compensate for poor battery life, I think not. My daughter now has the Moto X and it works perfect for her and I am using the G2,whichever for now,works perfect for me. My wife uses the GS4 and now wants a G2 because of the battery life. Good luck in whatever decision you make. Honestly, coming from the Nexus before these last two I thought I'd never go with an OEM covered OS over pure Android, but the Moto X is very close and the G2 is extremely customizable. Good luck!

She has the GS4 and the battery life isn't enough? If you're that much of a heavy user, there is no phone that will last you long enough unless you use an extended battery or a charging case. I can easily get through a day on my GS4 with 4-5 hours of screen time and still have around 20% battery left when I plug it in at night.

boochrisboo

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I understand the argument on the battery life between the G2 and Moto X. Luckily for us on verizon we have the perfect solution. The Droid Maxx...Bigger screened moto X with a big *** battery.
BCB

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

Interesting that most people in G2 forum are getting the same screen time as moto X users.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude