10-09-2013 12:14 PM
49 12
tools
    Verizon just wants to be sure VZ Navigator still works with the camera update.
    LOL
    10-04-2013 02:31 PM
    Verizon told me today that they are waiting on motorola to push the update. Not sure I believe that that's what they said.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-04-2013 04:49 PM
    Verizon told me today that they are waiting on motorola to push the update. Not sure I believe that that's what they said.

I've learned that if Punit Soni posts about it on Google+, it's probably going to happen. Then I wait until Verizon actually makes an official announcement.

In this case, Punit Soni says it's coming to "other carriers". I believe him. I'm not going to get hung up on when though.
    Tom in Bristol likes this.
    10-04-2013 05:33 PM
    It is on other carriers as of now
    except us on Verizon.

I still haven't seen any news at all.

10-07-2013 05:36 AM

Yet another uneducated Verizon rep who thinks (or pretends?) Verizon has nothing to do with the process.
    10-07-2013 06:27 AM
    Yet another uneducated Verizon rep who thinks (or pretends?) Verizon has nothing to do with the process.
    Not that I'm defending Verizon, but it could be that Verizon has tested it, given it their blessing and now the ball's in Motorola's court to actually push out the updates, or not. That's why for me this is so frustrating, all this speculation is because all of the parties involved give incomplete/vague statements.
    10-07-2013 08:41 AM
    Not that I'm defending Verizon, but it could be that Verizon has tested it, given it their blessing and now the ball's in Motorola's court to actually push out the updates, or not. That's why for me this is so frustrating, all this speculation is because all of the parties involved give incomplete/vague statements.

My understanding is Manufacturer [MOTO] makes the update and gives to carrier [Verizon]. Carrier tests it to see it it "breaks their network "If the carrier is satusfied then Carrier pushes it to the phones.

Question: SInce the new Droids are similar to the Moto X in many respects could VZW be waiting to update all 3 at the same time?
    Ry likes this.
    10-07-2013 12:38 PM
    Maybe. Its actually all four though (3 new droids and the X). So even more waiting!
    10-07-2013 12:48 PM
    My understanding is Manufacturer [MOTO] makes the update and gives to carrier [Verizon]. Carrier tests it to see it it "breaks their network "If the carrier is satusfied then Carrier pushes it to the phones.

Question: SInce the new Droids are similar to the Moto X in many respects could VZW be waiting to update all 3 at the same time?
    I remember reading this awhile ago, Moto is pushing out the updates, but the carriers still have to approve them though Motorola will supply over-the-air updates to the Moto X, not carriers - Pocket-lint
    jephanie likes this.
    10-07-2013 02:22 PM
    I'm sure we'll get the update, but like everything else through Verizon, I'm sure it'll be significantly later than all the other carriers. Fortunately for me, the camera isn't the most important thing for me or the reason why I chose this phone.

10-07-2013 10:17 PM
    Verizon just wants to be sure VZ Navigator still works with the camera update.
    I've never understood that. Does anyone actually use vz navigator? I can't imagine anyone paying extra on top for that junk when Google navigation and waze both are much better. They need to just discontinue that and several other of their other bloats.

I'm looking straight at you backup assistant.

10-07-2013 11:21 PM
    I signed up for the soak test program..hoping to get the in on the update early...

10-07-2013 11:43 PM
    I've never understood that. Does anyone actually use vz navigator? I can't imagine anyone paying extra on top for that junk when Google navigation and waze both are much better. They need to just discontinue that and several other of their other bloats.
    I'm looking straight at you backup assistant.
    I always never understood why they point vz navigator on smartphones since Google navigation is free
    When phone was being activated at vzw the store rep asked how I backed up my contacts without pausing for my answer he said."Backup assistant"?
    I said oh hell no backed up by syncing contacts with Google

I signed up for the soak test program..hoping to get the in on the update early...

I signed up too
    10-08-2013 05:33 AM
    I always never understood why they point vz navigator on smartphones since Google navigation is free
    Because some people are too stupid to realize that Navigation is free through Google's apps. It's similar to all the stupid people who pay for Verizon Visual Voicemail without realizing that Google Voice will do the same thing for free.
    davidnc and mapdoc like this.
    10-08-2013 06:20 AM
    I remember reading this awhile ago, Moto is pushing out the updates, but the carriers still have to approve them though Motorola will supply over-the-air updates to the Moto X, not carriers - Pocket-lint
    Interresting.... since Verizon has always been "the Problem" and Moto hasn't yet updated Verison I wonder if they will beable to stick to their guns in this regard.

I am curious as to How Motroloa is pushing the update in comparison to how the carriers normally do it. Does the Moto X have software installed on the device thet "phones home" to Motoroloa every so often?
    10-08-2013 09:47 AM
    In my fantasies, there are at least a dozen reasons why this delay could turn out to be a good thing.
    Heck, there's even one where Motomaker is opened to Verizon customers just after the KitKat announcement, and...sigh

Reality hits you hard, bro.
    10-08-2013 12:10 PM
    I'm really hoping this hurries up. It's making me not want to switch from my S4. Especially with the calling issue.
    10-08-2013 05:19 PM
    Ah that's right. He mentioned coming soon to "other carriers" in his G+ post.

Yeah exactly, and he just recently replied to a specific question about Verizon update confirming it was coming

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4
    10-08-2013 05:54 PM
    I don't see how this is any different.

Last year, Motorola accidentally pushed an update to the DROID RAZR that wasn't supposed to be released. They have the functionality to do it themselves already.
    10-08-2013 06:40 PM
    Went to a VZW store today and was pissed to see the display had the update on it-version 139.6.1.
    I called VZW and questioned this as i got a replacement and it had the old version on it ( i probably got a certified/refurbished). The new phones most likely have the update installed. Anyone buy an X very recently and have this new version installed?
    They also said it is coming very soon.

Now that i look at Moto's update page, 139.6.1 looks to be an older version.
    10-08-2013 07:48 PM
    Thats good news, so its probably not that far away then ..

Went to a VZW store today and was pissed to see the display had the update on it-version 139.6.1.
    I called VZW and questioned this as i got a replacement and it had the old version on it ( i probably got a certified/refurbished). The new phones most likely have the update installed. Anyone buy an X very recently and have this new version installed?
    They also said it is coming very soon.
    10-08-2013 07:54 PM
    I saw the Rogers edition of the X is getting its OTA pushed out now. Punit Soni posted that verizon will be out shortly (again) so hopefully it'll be any day now?

https://plus.google.com/111499908439...ts/JvVNEBf5GVF

Punit Soni
    Yesterday 10:06 PM+20
    VZW will be out shortly too. The cadence will continue.
    Ry likes this.
    10-09-2013 08:01 AM
    Maybe we get the vzw update before Halloween ?
    10-09-2013 08:14 AM
    Maybe we get the vzw update before Halloween ?
    from the sound of things, sure looks like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Now that i look at Moto's update page, 139.6.1 looks to be an older version.
    i was about to say, til i saw mine and saw its higher than those #s.
    any day now...
    10-09-2013 12:14 PM
49 12