Hello there. At&t user here. I have been using at&t for a while and can't switch carriers, and was wondering if anyone could solve this dilemma for me.
    I need long messages to get merged to one message for the recipient, which would probably best be suited by having them converted to mms.
    I was wondering if the moto x has this feature, as it is the one phone I am looking at on at&t, or if anyone knows an app that can do this, and if I could install this on the moto x unrooted.
    Handcent for example, merges them into one and converts to mms, but it needs the sms to be at least 3 sms's long before it does that, so that ones that are between 160-320 characters still get split. I know that gosms doesn't allow this either. This is work-related, so if anyone could help me I would be forever thankful.
    10-02-2013 10:01 AM
    Are you asking about the Moto X itself or the messaging app it comes with? Merging a split SMS message has nothing to do with the hardware--its totally up to the app. I often get 2 part SMS messages on Chomp SMS--it puts both in the same message but there is a break and verbage between them. If you need one contiguous message you could *force* it to go MMS.
    10-02-2013 11:46 AM
    I'm asking for both really, since I was looking for an automatic way to convert it to one message for the recipient to receive it as one, but I ask about the moto x in particular since I do not know what Motorola does to android itself and if there are any differences in its native messaging app versus stock.
    10-02-2013 12:07 PM