Has anyone bought a car mounting kit for the Moto X yet? I am looking for a vent based one and would love to hear from others on ones they like and ones to steer clear of. My SUV is already starting to look like a spaceship with a Sirius radio, GPS and soon handsfree phone setups.
    10-02-2013 02:45 PM
    I got the Griffin car dock. LOVE it. With moto assist its awesome.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-02-2013 03:16 PM
    I got the Griffin car dock. LOVE it. With moto assist its awesome.

same as above
    10-02-2013 06:39 PM
    I was looking at the review of that one and it looked like it was windshield or dash only. I was hoping to find a vent hooked one as I already have Parking pass, toll pass and GPS on the windshield.
    10-03-2013 09:58 AM
    I was looking at the review of that one and it looked like it was windshield or dash only. I was hoping to find a vent hooked one as I already have Parking pass, toll pass and GPS on the windshield.
    Add another person to the list who would prefer a Vent mounted car dock. I prefer to keep a clear field of vision on my windshield.
    myRT likes this.
    10-03-2013 11:00 AM
    I don't know if you guys found what you're looking for but Verizon sells one. I use mine at work lol its stuck to my tool box. It helps keep my phone clean but it comes with a vent clip. The part that actually holds the phone absolutely blows though. Just an FYI. It's not Moto x specific. It's a generic car dock that does not have a charging port either.
    The way it works, it may work with the Griffin dock.
    11-02-2013 12:13 PM
    I'm using a CD player mount I got on amazon. It's super sturdy and works well with my moto x.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004G1...cUvbUpU3199480

11-03-2013 01:14 AM
    For the case that you haven't found
    http://www.androidcentral.com/griffi...ola-x-car-dock
    11-03-2013 01:25 AM
    anybody try this one? saw it mentioned in a previous thread in this forum. simple, vent mounted. up to 4.8" screens it says. youtube reviews seem positive, but who knows.

Amazon.com: AIRFRAME Portable Car Mount Phone Holder: Automotive..
    11-03-2013 06:45 AM
    anybody try this one? saw it mentioned in a previous thread in this forum. simple, vent mounted. up to 4.8" screens it says. youtube reviews seem positive, but who knows.

Amazon.com: AIRFRAME Portable Car Mount Phone Holder: Automotive..
    I have this mount. I like the simplicity of installation and removal on the vent. The spring holder does fit my moto x with a case on but won't expand beyond that. I've tried it with a bear motion case and an Incipio feather case. I suspect if you are using something like an otterbox it probably won't work.

It also works as a desktop stand in portrait or landscape mode. Insert any credit card sized card in the back and transforms to a stand.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    11-03-2013 09:20 AM
    The spring holder does fit my moto x with a case on but won't expand beyond that. I've tried it with a bear motion case and an Incipio feather case. I suspect if you are using something like an otterbox it probably won't work.
    I checked the vent holder again and it will hold a wider phone. It is very possible it would hold an X inside an otterbox.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    11-03-2013 07:18 PM
    I highly recommend Proclip... I have used them for years and the have a variety of custom holders for most vehicles. I love the one in my Mustang it attaches directly to the dash. Looks like it came with the car.

Car Phone Holders and Dashboard Phone Mounts - ProClip USA

I like the you have 2 different parts. One for the car and one for the phone.., Incase you change either, you can just buy that part.
    11-04-2013 07:29 AM