05-07-2014 10:52 PM
65 123
tools
    I actually like the stock Google Keyboard.....its pretty quick, low on resources and works fairly well. I'm sure there are much better alternatives but for me it works well enough that I don't have any real desire to switch away from it. Prior to using the stock keyboard I used Swype and while I liked it a lot, the voice recognition wasn't the best and I encountered the nasty bug where it had a big memory leak and would cause your phone to slow to a crawl so I left and never went back.
    10-03-2013 11:10 AM
    I prefer the stock keyboard as well. Love swiftkey too, but sometimes it would bug out on me on certain functions on the note 2. Not having to run launchers and staying close to stock is fun on the moto x.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk now Free
    10-03-2013 11:14 AM
    One thing that worried me is that there is a warning when I download it that says SwiftKey can store all your personal typing data such as passwords.
    All alternative keyboards give that warning, because it is processing your keystrokes.
    Ry likes this.
    10-04-2013 06:56 PM
    Swiftkey all day.
    Paisley and Codger1212 like this.
    10-04-2013 09:26 PM
    LOVING the keyboard alot more then iPhone's.. Specially since I can just switch to swipe out of no where... GREAT for one handedness, and when Im laying down, or even just in general.. Makes typing ALOT FASTER!
    benhaube likes this.
    10-05-2013 07:35 PM
    It's just you

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk 4
    10-06-2013 07:31 PM
    I don't think a swyping feature interests me much

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

I always felt that way until I used SwiftKey. It's one of the biggest things keeping me on Android currently.
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-07-2013 10:11 AM
    Swiftkey is definitely worth it. Hands down the best keyboard available imo
    10-07-2013 12:38 PM
    No the default keyboard just sucks and Samsung should be ashamed of itself for release g such a travesty upon the world. Dumb Koreans.
    04-23-2014 01:29 AM
    No the default keyboard just sucks and Samsung should be ashamed of itself for release g such a travesty upon the world. Dumb Koreans.
    umm...what?
    04-23-2014 02:02 AM
    I've used Swype and Swift key, and I have settle on the Smart Keyboard, it allows me to make the keys a little larger for use with my big fingers, so far so good, and I like the text to speech feature on it, but that is just me, to each his/hers own
    04-23-2014 06:16 AM
    I used swype for the longest time. I have also purchased swiftkey and better keyboard. I now use the google keyboard regularly. It's the best imo. I am a "swyper" btw, not a ******
    04-23-2014 10:17 AM
    I came from a iPhone... Hated the Samsung keyboard on the S5. Swapped to Google keyboard and love it!

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
    04-23-2014 11:18 AM
    Same. Swype's swiping, for me, is smoother and more accurate than SwiftKey's.
    I agree completely. I have been using SwiftKey Beta lately and the swiping is not as good. The next word prediction when typing is its strength and best feature though.

I can't figure out double letters on SwiftKey (off vs of). Swype also seems easier to get the right word when the all the letters of the word exist in a single row of the keyboard.

Sent from my Moto X
    04-23-2014 01:27 PM
    Really happy with the switch to Android and loving the moto x but the keyboard absolutely blows. The keyboard on the iPhone 4 was way better. Am I the only one that thinks this? I can't type words accurately.

Is there another keyboard in the app store that's easier to type on?

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app
    Swiftkey is worth the money. Even better than the really great iOS keyboard. I sometimes dream of Apple buying Swiftkey.
    04-23-2014 02:37 PM
    It's just you. The Google (stock) keyboard is fine. It's not the most full featured keyboard. But stock should not necessarily be fully customizable.

I have never had any issue. The Google keyboard is certainly better than any of the manufacturer keyboards. Especially Samsung

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    04-23-2014 09:32 PM
    I have to agree with the OP. I tried to stick with the Google keyboard for too long and it was simply maddeningly inaccurate for my fingers. Maybe they are too fat for Google or something. I'm back to SwiftKey and already can tell a difference.

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app
    04-23-2014 10:02 PM
    It's good if you're not a fast typer. Swiftkey is much better. Either way if you think it sucks then you've got plenty of choices of course.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-23-2014 10:28 PM
    I've been using TouchpalXL. IMO, it's every bit as good as Siftkey, and it's FREE.
    04-24-2014 11:34 AM
    As someone who uses gesture typing (or "swiping" if you want to call it that) almost exclusively, I much prefer Google Keyboard over Swiftkey. At everyone's suggestion here, I tried Swiftkey, but laughed and immediately uninstalled when it didn't know the word "semester." What a joke.
    04-24-2014 12:24 PM
    Isn't it great that we can choose our keyboards and settings for them? I used to use Swype, but have stuck with Google's since they added their own swype gesture typing.
    04-24-2014 02:38 PM
    SwiftKey is by far the best keyboard I have used on Android.
    I'm fussy when it comes to keyboards as I'm used to blackberry keyboards which is by far the best virtual keyboard I've used so far but SwiftKey has made typing on Android less of a chore.
    I can't stand swyping though so I prefer actual typing

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk
    04-24-2014 04:50 PM
    For swipe typing I use the Google Keyboard which I find to be more accurate than SwiftKey.
    For tap typing I use Thumb Keyboard. It has all kinds of themes and key and keyboard layout customizations along with programmable shortcut keys which I like for easy insertion of long words, email addresses, passwords etc., that I use frequently.
    04-25-2014 10:01 AM
    I am two days into a Moto X and i am using the Google keyboard. I think it is great. At first I was slow, because it was a new keyboard, but after some getting used to it is a very decent keyboard. I usually dont use swype, but it is great to have it as an option whenever I feel like using it. I came from an iPhone 5, which had a good keyboard, but I think my accuracy is better on the Google keyboard.
    benhaube likes this.
    04-25-2014 12:58 PM
    I am two days into a Moto X and i am using the Google keyboard. I think it is great. At first I was slow, because it was a new keyboard, but after some getting used to it is a very decent keyboard. I usually dont use swype, but it is great to have it as an option whenever I feel like using it. I came from an iPhone 5, which had a good keyboard, but I think my accuracy is better on the Google keyboard.
    The Google keyboard is miles better than the apple keyboard. I came from an iPhone to the SGS4 to the moto x and I have to say my favorite feature of the Google keyboard is that the letters themselves change case when you push shift. I was never able to tell the case I was in on iOS.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    dmark44 likes this.
    04-25-2014 05:28 PM
65 123