After 7 years on Blackberry I have made the switch

romeo204

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
So sorry for the noob to all the android and these questions but here I go
1 : best keyboard for android ?
2: Is there any custom keyboard shortcut maker for android ( for example on my blackberry I set GM to be good morning )
3: The alarm sucks need something that is beyond louder ( I have been a Blackberry geek for the last 7 years so I tried all the things with volume and setting tones etc )

It has been day one with the moto x and really loving it , Its no blackberry but wow what a device . I love the smart use of low specs and size of the device .

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Welcome.

I like SwiftKey from the play store. Great word prediction.

I think there used to be a app called volume+ free. That would make your speakers louder. I could never get it to work but some say it does.

T-mobile Moto X

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
1. swiftkey
2. not that i know of, but i'm sure others can chime in here.
3. my alarm is plenty loud. have you tried turning it up in the settings?

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
2: Is there any custom keyboard shortcut maker for android ( for example on my blackberry I set GM to be good morning )

Not so much shortcuts but you can set the Personal dictionary can be set to auto correct so that GM is auto corrected to Good Morning.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
1. Stock is good for me. But Swiftkey is awsome.

2. There is an EQ setting is settings---->sound---->audio effects. Boost them puppies up and it goes a little louder. Also, Audio+ works....remember though, the louder you go the quicker you might blow the speaker.

3. Timely for alarms. Many settings and it's beautiful. It also can be used as a daydream feature which is awsome!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
3: The alarm sucks need something that is beyond louder ( I have been a Blackberry geek for the last 7 years so I tried all the things with volume and setting tones etc )

It has been day one with the moto x and really loving it , Its no blackberry but wow what a device . I love the smart use of low specs and size of the device .

Welcome to the forums and Android.
How is the device now after a week?

Sent from a Slim Tab 2.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Came from a qwerty as well. Love Swiftkey. and also bought Timely the alarm clock, kinda expensive for an alarm clock program. That being said, when i used the regular alarm clock it was loud @ 80%, just look into your sound settings under 'alarms' and double check it's at a high volume. I don't think Timely goes any louder.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
1. Stock is good for me. But Swiftkey is awsome.

2. There is an EQ setting is settings---->sound---->audio effects. Boost them puppies up and it goes a little louder. Also, Audio+ works....remember though, the louder you go the quicker you might blow the speaker.

3. Timely for alarms. Many settings and it's beautiful. It also can be used as a daydream feature which is awsome!

What is daydream. I see it as an option, does it just show the time or something? what is it?

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
To the OP, make sure you have your phone facing down when using as your alarm since the speaker is on the back, that might make a difference.

And randomly, one nice thing i learned about Timely, when you pick it up to snooze or do your math to turn it off, the volume lowers so it's not blaring while it's in your hands. : )

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
To the OP, make sure you have your phone facing down when using as your alarm since the speaker is on the back, that might make a difference.

And randomly, one nice thing i learned about Timely, when you pick it up to snooze or do your math to turn it off, the volume lowers so it's not blaring while it's in your hands. : )

the moto X's speaker is on the curve, so even when its down its loud.

Stock Keyboard rocks.
When typing GM hit it and then have it say Good Morning.. It'll auto correct GM to Good Morning.
i use stock alarm, quite loud for me

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site

I went back to BlackBerry (from the original droid) for the keyboard, one handed use, and speed dial from the keyboard. When my second 9930 quit working, I thought I would make the move to a Q10, only to be left hanging with speed dial. The Q10 helped me transition to touch screen use.

If you had a Q10 before, could you compare one-handed use to the Moto X?

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
might be a dumb question, but what is the purpose of having this feature on a phone. i know what the purpose of a screen saver is, so your computer can stay and on and not get burn-in, but why for a phone, we generally don't leave them on.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
might be a dumb question, but what is the purpose of having this feature on a phone. i know what the purpose of a screen saver is, so your computer can stay and on and not get burn-in, but why for a phone, we generally don't leave them on.

I would assume for the times it is plugged into a dock and you can see the screen while it is charging.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
i know what the purpose of a screen saver is, so your computer can stay and on and not get burn-in, but why for a phone, we generally don't leave them on.

If you have a tablet and a dock, it can be a nice way to show pictures while your tablet is charging.

scrounger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
The daydream capability came with Jelly Bean. You could have just a clock display or pictures or Facebook updates.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam