Dev Edition - Latest software?

Jeremy Pippin

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I know that software updates are circulating certain carriers - much ballyhoo has been made about the camera updates - but I have no idea how this affects my recently (read: yesterday) acquired developer edition. Questions for anybody who knows the answer:

1. Do the Dev Editions get first crack before carriers at software updates?
  2. How do I verify if my device is running the latest update?

Thanks!

Last edited:

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I know that software updates are circulating certain characters - much ballyhoo has been made about the camera updates - but I have no idea how this affects my recently (read: yesterday) acquired developer edition. Questions for anybody who knows the answer:

1. Do the Dev Editions get first crack before carriers at software updates?
  2. How do I verify if my device is running the latest update?

Thanks!

Check the build for software in about phone under settings menu. From what I hear dev editions have been shipping with the update.

Posted via Android Central App

Jeremy Pippin

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I have done so - 13.9.0Q2.X-116-X-17-57 - but I have no context for that since I don't know how the builds are numbered or what the latest build is.

hobojoe196061

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
My 2 day old Vzw DE is running 17-53. As far as I know, Verizon gets to do their crap testing first...

hobojoe196061

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, this is the firmware before the good update. But have not noticed any call issues. I need to sign up for the soak test program. I need that camera update

joe767

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I purchased both the tmobile and the GSM versions. The tmobile version received the OTA update when I turned the phone on first the first time, but the GSM DEv device arrived with the update already installed. I just returned both today so can't tell you the build number but I remember a 57 to be the last 2 numbers. I really thought I was going to like the phone, I came from the S4. After 2 weeks I decided the phone wasn't for me, I loved the size but Assist was the main reason I got the phone but found myself doing more touching then speaking to the phone. I'm going the wait for the Nexus 5 and decide if that will be a good fit for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma