things you wish "Okay Google now" would do

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to hear what you wish Google's "Okay Google Now" could do:

My number one thing is
- Okay Google Now... What Time Is It? > Im baffled that this does not work..

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
That works on mine. it displayed the time and said, "the time is 4:10 PM".

13+-+1

My biggest wish list items are "which of my friends have birthdays next week?", "how long until my wife is home?" (put obvious limitations on this one, opt in for sharing with specific circles, etc), "how many days until christmas?" etc. Basically another level of neural networking integration across many (or all) platforms.

That and hardware controls would be cool. "Okay google now, play zombie by the cranberries" could easily be followed by, "okay google now, turn the volume up to 80%". Right now 2nd command does nothing. And, "okay google now, project remaining battery life time", on top of the obvious, "okay google now, what's my current battery %?", blah, blah.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Reminders with no button pushing.
A conversational option
Send texts with no button pushing
More handset intergration

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
That works on mine. it displayed the time and said, "the time is 4:10 PM".

First off, Waterloo? Sweet, I'm in Waverly, IA, just a few miles north of ya.
I've tried that a few times as well and like the OP, it never did that. However after seeing your post, I tried it again and it worked. I wonder if it is because of the lauguage pack I downloaded today.

Go into Google Now, scroll to the bottom, go into Settings | Voice | Offline speech recognition. There was an update for me today that I downloaded. (By default it is set to auto update over WiFi but I never use WiFi.)

Or it could have been that Google Search update the other day.

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I want Google now to be passive with its command prompt when in driving mode instead of popping up a black screen with orange dot. So that it can work better with navigation software. Also, speak back confirmation of commands. Put more ai into Google now

Posted via Android Central App

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I just tried the time cmd and it worked! Woo

Now if it'd be like a conversation lol.
Good morning Google now:
Good morning Ray, the weather is warm at 70 degrees, clear skies.

Or okay Google now text my gf.
What would you like to say?

Or so forth lol.

Could never get the
How tall is the empire state building?
Then
When was it built. Without touching the device though.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Could never get the
How tall is the empire state building?
Then
When was it built. Without touching the device though.

Did you update the language pack? You can do that now.

After it answers the first question, just say "OK Google" and ask the second one.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Turn on and off settings arch as blue tooth and Wi-Fi.

It wild be nice to add second actions such as "OK Google now, call Joe Shmoe at home on speaker"

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Unlock my phone......that is what I wish it would do. It's voice recognition so why I have to put in my pin or pattern to get the response does not make sense.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The manual I got with the phone says if you say call my droid when you can't find your phone in the room it's supposed to call the phone or something.

When I do this it just does a Google search for call my droid.

Wish it did that. Lol.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The manual I got with the phone says if you say call my droid when you can't find your phone in the room it's supposed to call the phone or something.
When I do this it just does a Google search for call my droid.
Wish it did that. Lol.

If you stored yourself as a contact using your mobile number of your phone,, it probably would. :)

Of course you would have to say "ok Google now call your name" not just call my droid

edit:Nvrmind
it would just go to your VM now that I think about it .lol still sleepy

Last edited:

jeffkey

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
+1
Why can't we speak a simple password to unlock the phone after saying "OK Google Now"? (By the way, I trained it to respond to "OK Moto". It works great and I don't have to keep promoting Google.) The danger, of course, is that speaking a password aloud lessens the security. However, they could easily add a command to change the spoken password daily or whenever you want. If you forget your password, it falls back to manually entering your pin, pattern, or password.

I'm surprised that they haven't done this yet. Touchless control is great, but very much limited by the need to pick up the phone to unlock it.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
If you stored yourself as a contact using your mobile number of your phone,, it probably would. :)

Of course you would have to say "ok Google now call your name" not just call my droid

edit:Nvrmind
it would just go to your VM now that I think about it .lol still sleepy

Lol. Yea. Voicemail. Haha.

The manual says call my droid. I was assuming it was just an alarm sound or something that would sound when you say it.

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
By the way, I trained it to respond to "OK Moto". It works great and I don't have to keep promoting Google.

Have you had problems with it activating inadvertently? Not sure if it was you but someone posted that with that passphrase, it tended to accidentally activate more often then with the normal one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC